SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes Winona State

jimdahl

Wow. That's a heck of a turnaround from the first time we met this season. :D I think we're a better team than we were when we first met. I'd like to see the team that took the field against USD be present during the play-offs.

He's just hoping for a closer game, so he won't be embarrassed and leave at halftime again.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be there and they'll be in a bad mood. The Soo Railroad is coming back this Saturday and Winona State will be a Yugo stalled on the tracks.

I find the reference to the Yugo hostile and abusive to those from Yugoslavia!

I demand you replace said Yugo with a more acceptable car: A Pontiac Lemans! :D

I find the reference to the Yugo hostile and abusive to those from Yugoslavia!

I demand you replace said Yugo with a more acceptable car: A Pontiac Lemans! :D

Be careful how you use Pontiac. That could be deemed hostile towards that Native tribe by the NCAA also.

As a Beaver fan, I am not pissed we missed the playoffs. We lost to UMD and to Mary. I am more pissed that we lost those games on a total of five plays. I don't think Tesch saw this NSIC title coming down the chute, so I would figure that Minot State was scheduled more to build up the program with a win than trying to make the playoffs.

But I also think the NCAA should get rid of the byes, expand to 32 teams and give each conference winner an autobid and then fill in with at-large bids. Hell, they do it for every other sport, why don't they for football. And if the NSIC is so inferior to the NCC and GLIAC, playing a Winona or Bemidji would be like a bye anyway!

Okay, so I just went and read the playoff criteria, and everything is based on D-II opponents and records. So, BSU's games against Minot State and Mary (they are a provisional D-II team and not playoff eligible, so therefore are not counted as D-II) should not count? Then BSU did get screwed over by the NCAA if head to head with Winona is supposed to be weighed heavily!

Oh well, Mineral Water Bowl and a couple of weeks of extra practice can only mean good things for the future. Work with the underclassmen while still giving the seniors a nice swan song is a good thing!

He's just hoping for a closer game, so he won't be embarrassed and leave at halftime again.

Oh trust me the game will be alot better than before and we will not get beat by UND.....and how about them warrior mens basketball team beatin U of Mn in B-BAll...u will never see UND beat U of Mn in B-Ball...ok maybe the girls could but not the men...lol.....

Dont hate on the Warriors.....

I don't believe the little pi$$ ant was ever in Grand Forks for the game. Remember he had to leave early because of some sort of meeting or something that he was suppose to get to yet he's also supposedly in a GF motel room well after check out time posting smack. As far as I'm concerned, he lacks credibility.

But it is fun to read his Winona 'swinging in the wind' comments. :D

Bsu played some weak teams in non con and thats why there not in the playoffs..come on they played a naia team....if people are madd cuz wsu made and not bsu..then tell Bsu to play some good teams and not cupsake teams in non con then...wsu made it in and thats all that matters and end of story...

The only reason we are a 3 seed is because this is how the NCAA is going to stick it to us now that the injunction was granted. Believe me, if we had lost Saturday, they'd stuck us at 5 or 6 and made sure we couldn't play at home. This way, we drop to 3, get the token game against Winona and then they make sure we're on the road the rest of the way. Roebuck and Hakstol can get ready for the hosing of their lives this spring. It won't be pretty but at least we keep the uniforms for a while longer. :D

I like having WSU in the playoffs. Having a bye week come sometimes make you come out flat in a 2nd round game. Lots of positives and one negative

Pros

1) Its Winona

2) 28 of 29 in the Alerus & 8-0 in the playoffs

3) USD needs to get by Grand Valley which should be a great game

4) Of all 6 teams who else would you rather play

5) We can avenge giving up 2 points earlier in the year and get the shutout this time

6) We can continue to build momentum for UNO

7) Its Winona!!!

Cons

1) UNO on the road

I can't believe we're stuck having to play this mediocre at best team again. I don't see anything changing except maybe a couple more points on our side and we shut them out. None the less though this will prepare us for the game against those Red Mavericks. I think the 2nd time around is the charm.

Say, why are the Winona State Warriors still the Warriors? :D

WSU fan here...also a realist!

UND got jobbed! I've attended games in GF and the school and the entire community do a helluva job honoring and respecting the Sioux nation. The NCAA in its lack of wisdom did you in. Not sure how UNO can jump you but that is that.

As for the UND/WSU matchup..wellll we are the underdogs...by a large margin..a VERY large margin. A victory in GF would be huge...not expecting it but would love it if it happens. I was hoping for a game against UNO knowing people on their staff and what their playoff history is like.

WSU still has the name Warriors cause the logo and nickname are after the Roman warriors not Native American.

First time here...great site. Keep it up!

PS I pride myself on being a classy fan and I assume most UND fans are the same?

WSU still has the name Warriors cause the logo and nickname are after the Roman warriors not Native American.

PS I pride myself on being a classy fan and I assume most UND fans are the same?

Welcome, dIIfan. Thanks for the info. I guess if I had looked at your logo I would have known the answer? Wellllllll, I don't know if we're 'classy'. We are passionate about our Fighting Sioux sports and opposing views are usually welcome. If you read some past posts you'll see we can be pretty hard on our own teams but I gotta tell ya, if you come on SS.com to talk smack, the junk yard dog comes out in the best of us. :D

None the less though this will prepare us for the game against those Red Mavericks. I think the 2nd time around is the charm.

I don't know how playing Winona gets the Sioux ready for UNO other than just to simply play. The 2 teams are not similar at all. I welcome the bye week to heal up. Every team has nicks and bruises this time of year. It appeared that the bye week helped UND before playing UMD.

I don't know how playing Winona gets the Sioux ready for UNO other than just to simply play. The 2 teams are not similar at all. I welcome the bye week to heal up. Every team has nicks and bruises this time of year. It appeared that the bye week helped UND before playing UMD.

The question is, what's the bigger jinx--UND's general inability to beat UNO, or UNO's general inability to win in the playoffs? Maybe the only negative for UNO getting a bye is that beating Winona would have been a given, and would have somewhat gotten the monkey off their back by actually winning a playoff game for what, the second time in Behrns' career? Beating UND twice in one year AND breaking the playoff jinx may be asking a lot for UNO, assuming UND takes care of business against Winona.

WSU fan here...also a realist!

UND got jobbed! I've attended games in GF and the school and the entire community do a helluva job honoring and respecting the Sioux nation. The NCAA in its lack of wisdom did you in. Not sure how UNO can jump you but that is that.

As for the UND/WSU matchup..wellll we are the underdogs...by a large margin..a VERY large margin. A victory in GF would be huge...not expecting it but would love it if it happens. I was hoping for a game against UNO knowing people on their staff and what their playoff history is like.

Well I'm ITALIAN and pretty ticked off with your ROMAN imagery! I've seen t-shirts of people using those helmets to scrub their bathroom floors (works pretty well from what I understand!) PLUS!! The only modern use of CAESAR refers to a drink which I think we ALL KNOW contributes to the downfall of society... that tells me is you are "hostile and abusive" but WITH a CLEAN BATHROOM!

(* - this is a test and ONLY A TEST) of your sense of humor and ability to understand the garbage arguements we've been taking for years. Winona has a great FB program and congrats on making the playoffs. You've drawn the short straw again but we know you'll come in here and do your best. Good luck in that respect but I'm sure Dale and the crew won't take anything for granted. Post on...

I like having WSU in the playoffs. Having a bye week come sometimes make you come out flat in a 2nd round game. Lots of positives and one negative

Pros

1) Its Winona

2) 28 of 29 in the Alerus & 8-0 in the playoffs

3) USD needs to get by Grand Valley which should be a great game

4) Of all 6 teams who else would you rather play

5) We can avenge giving up 2 points earlier in the year and get the shutout this time

6) We can continue to build momentum for UNO

7) Its Winona!!!

Cons

1) UNO on the road

I really don't think UND will dominate this game as completely as last time. I think UND will win, but WSU has the advantage of going back to fix a bunch of mistakes they made in the first game.

Well I'm ITALIAN and pretty ticked off with your ROMAN imagery! I've seen t-shirts of people using those helmets to scrub their bathroom floors (works pretty well from what I understand!) PLUS!! The only modern use of CAESAR refers to a drink which I think we ALL KNOW contributes to the downfall of society... that tells me is you are "hostile and abusive" but WITH a CLEAN BATHROOM!

(* - this is a test and ONLY A TEST) of your sense of humor and ability to understand the garbage arguements we've been taking for years. Winona has a great FB program and congrats on making the playoffs. You've drawn the short straw again but we know you'll come in here and do your best. Good luck in that respect but I'm sure Dale and the crew won't take anything for granted. Post on...

Now that's funny. I said the same thing about the Fighting Irish. I've been in a fist fight with an Irish fella...once! LOL

Looking forward to the game Saturday. I was hoping WSU would draw UNO. They are banged up and Behrns has had some "issues" during the post season. It would have been a much better matchup.

WSU will play better, Coach Sawyer and staff will see to that. It's just a matter of how many bullets you have in the gun. UND is packing a M-60 WSU has a 9MM. But one bullet and a little luck you never know. I'm sure the Warriors will relish the underdog role.

I run into Coach Mallhum (sp) from time to time here on campus and I will give her a hard time this week. She will be wearing her green this week.

Stay warm Sioux fans!

Ahem....

littlec.gif

Pizza anyone? :D

Be careful how you use Pontiac. That could be deemed hostile towards that Native tribe by the NCAA also.

No chance! If the NCAA embraces Pontiac, then I should be safe!

Now, Diggler, remove the Yugo or should I hire those lose..SCSU portestors to picket your front yard? :D