SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes Winona State

jimdahl

Obviously we've seen WSU already this year, and experienced good success in that early season matchup.

In an article before the matchup, Winona felt like their D was ready for whatever came:

Warriors 'D' still stifling

It marked the third consecutive game the Warriors held their opponent out of the end zone. They have allowed just six points in their past three games, a span of 12 quarters.

"We have a lot of confidence on defense," senior linebacker John Tackmann said. "We feel like everything has really come together."

"It's DII football and I don't care who you play, if you hold people out like that you're doing a good job," Sawyer said. "Great defense gives you an opportunity late in games. We want to keep riding them."

Added Tackmann: "It feels really good. We finally feel like the team has come together these last few games. The offense is putting big points up on the board, and on defense we're not allowing touchdowns. We feel like wherever we go, we're going to compete. We're on a roll right now."

Of course, no one expected them to be coming to North Dakota :D

They almost certainly will be on the road for the opener, possibly at Nebraska-Omaha, South Dakota or Northwood (Mich.).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will even been close. Remember last season we ran them out of their own building :D Basically this article is a joke, Stiffling defense. There is a huge difference between Wayne State and most NCC schools. Winona in my opinion should be sitting at home and BSU should be visiting. I am sure Warrior_08 will be on here soon spouting off.

awww are u madd that wsu made the playoffs....

Sioux Rocks is that you?

I think the selection process is a joke. There is no reason for UND to drop from 2 to 3. I hope UND runs up the score this time to make a statement. There is no reward for winning the NSIC. Which in my opinion an already questionable conference.

I expect this upcoming rendition of UND v. Winona to be even more lopsided than the earlier one from this season. How does a team such as Winona get into the playoffs when they only played three teams with winning records this season, and lost to two of them?

UND 66

WSU 3

Good question the NSIC is a joke.

We'll make mincemeat of Winona and then get even with Omaha on their home turf. Then it's on to Allendale, Michigan to redeem ourselves over what happened last year.

GO SIOUX!!! STICK IT TO THE NCAA POLITBURO!!!

Not only are we going to beat Winona... we are going to beat UNO and GVSU and NC Central, and then we are going to Alabama to take back the national championship Yeeeeeaaaaaargh!!!

We're not hating on your team. Just confused as hell as to why your team made the playoffs.

I guess I'll make a prediction too...hmmm.

UND 49

Winona 2

Bsu played some weak teams in non con and thats why there not in the playoffs..come on they played a naia team....if people are madd cuz wsu made and not bsu..then tell Bsu to play some good teams and not cupsake teams in non con then...wsu made it in and thats all that matters and end of story...

Bsu played some weak teams in non con and thats why there not in the playoffs..come on they played a naia team....if people are madd cuz wsu made and not bsu..then tell Bsu to play some good teams and not cupsake teams in non con then...wsu made it in and thats all that matters and end of story...

you and wsu is THIS CLOSE to your end of story :D

WSU 37

UND 34

ALL I SEE IN HERE ARE WSU HATERS...DONT HATE CUZ WSU MADE INTO THE PLAYOFFS...

Wow. That's a heck of a turnaround from the first time we met this season. :D I think we're a better team than we were when we first met. I'd like to see the team that took the field against USD be present during the play-offs.

Wow. That's a heck of a turnaround from the first time we met this season. :D I think we're a better team than we were when we first met. I'd like to see the team that took the field against USD be present during the play-offs.

They'll be there and they'll be in a bad mood. The Soo Railroad is coming back this Saturday and Winona State will be a Yugo stalled on the tracks.