SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes Winona State

jimdahl

Obviously we've seen WSU already this year, and experienced good success in that early season matchup.

In an article before the matchup, Winona felt like their D was ready for whatever came:

Warriors 'D' still stifling

Of course, no one expected them to be coming to North Dakota :D

I wonder how much Winona's improved defense over the last three games had to do with the fact that they played UMC, SW Minn. State and Wayne State (all finished with losing records)? :D I also wonder if they've shored up their offensive line since September? That was some of the worst pass protection I've ever seen.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winona State put a big scare in UND, in The Al, in the playoffs, not too long ago. That's my recollection.

Coach Lennon needs to pull out that tape and remind his team that they need to execute on offense, on defense, and on special teams. No looking to anything. Winona State. Period.

There is only one game remaining on UND's 2006 schedule.

One.

Execute.

Winona State's QB was injured the first time that the two teams met, how is he doing? Is he 100%, is he even playing?

Anyone?

Lennon said on his show last night that the QB that started the game against us suffered a season ending injury about 3 weeks ago, so they have a different QB than the on who started against us for the last few weeks now.

#15 Aaron Boettcher is going to be th Qb and trust me he will do just fine...

Just fine not get injured? Just fine lead his team to a single FG against the 3rd string defense? Just fine be able to remember his name at the end of the game? Help me out here. Don't be so vague.

Winona State put a big scare in UND, in The Al, in the playoffs, not too long ago. That's my recollection.

Coach Lennon needs to pull out that tape and remind his team that they need to execute on offense, on defense, and on special teams. No looking to anything. Winona State. Period.

One.

Execute.

That is nice but WSU has done nothing the last two years that leads me to believe the game will be anything other than 62-6. I think we are giving them too much respect based on one Fluke game in the playoffs.

I think the Sioux can pull off a win against Winona on Saturday. WSU has gotten better since we last played them, but I think we're still the better team. We probably won't win by as huge of a margin as we did last time, but I think they can still bring in the W....

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

Well, I don't think Winona could possibly be any worse than they were the last time UND played them, but whether they're much better is open to debate. The last legit team they played was four weeks ago in Bemidji, and they managed to gain fewer than 100 yards of total offense in that one. Winona has had some good teams in the past, but the past two years have not been close to the level of 2003 and 2004, especially offensively.

Well, I don't think Winona could possibly be any worse than they were the last time UND played them, but whether they're much better is open to debate. The last legit team they played was four weeks ago in Bemidji, and they managed to gain fewer than 100 yards of total offense in that one. Winona has had some good teams in the past, but the past two years have not been close to the level of 2003 and 2004, especially offensively.

I think your right.

The only reason we are a 3 seed is because this is how the NCAA is going to stick it to us now that the injunction was granted. Believe me, if we had lost Saturday, they'd stuck us at 5 or 6 and made sure we couldn't play at home. This way, we drop to 3, get the token game against Winona and then they make sure we're on the road the rest of the way. Roebuck and Hakstol can get ready for the hosing of their lives this spring. It won't be pretty but at least we keep the uniforms for a while longer. :D

We better get ready to be sent to Maine Regional out east. It will happen for sure. It will be about as bad as the Bean Pot II only worse. I am sure if UND is a 1 seed we will be dropped to a three seed. Its going to happen. I hope our lawyers are taking notes.

One.

Execute.

I doubt the WSU team is anything near as good as that team. Just don't see it. They have lost by a combined total of like 90 points for the last two times they have played.

I admit to not being the best at geography, but I'm pretty sure Maine is out east. :D

Sorry I corrected it, I am have been up since like 0500 this morning.

Well one still could make the argument on that how bad we are going to get screwed.

Umm why dont you look at last time we played GvSu in the playoffs we only lost by 3 points....so nice try

Umm, why don't you look at the last two times you've played UND, you've only lost by 98 points. So by your own logic, nice try. Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be working on your leaf collection for science class?