SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Football

UND Fan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I believe I was talking about this years schedule, the one that Coach Bohl claimed is the toughest they have ever had since he has been there. Last years schedule has nothing to do with my what I posted.

2. New Hampshire is not the #1 team in the country, they lost the week before also. Appalachian St is.

3. Georgia Southern isn

1. I believe I was talking about this years schedule, the one that Coach Bohl claimed is the toughest they have ever had since he has been there. Last years schedule has nothing to do with my what I posted.

2. New Hampshire is not the #1 team in the country, they lost the week before also. Appalachian St is.

3. Georgia Southern isn

I think they need a team first. Start up a team, play at the Coliseum (yeah, I know it sucks), then try again to get people to vote for a new arena. I believe it would have a much greater chance to pass if the Bison had a team first.

No, I would disagree. I think "Money" is the first step to a D1 hockey team, the rest follows.

3. Georgia Southern isn

Here are the Cliff notes to DaveK's last 1129 posts:

The Bison suck (even though NDSU whipped a Big 10 team in every aspect but the scoreboard)

Basketball in all forms suck (even though it is a very popular sport in ND)

Red River Hockey :) sucks (even though they have been one of the more dominant teams for the last 10 years)

Short hair sucks (tell that to the folks in the armed forces)

Long-Hair is AWESOME

Heavy Metal is AWESOME

Hockey is Awesome (unless it involves a Grand Forks school)

Fargo South rule the State in Hockey and will be the next dynasty

Gophers are awesome in football.

DaveK is like a long-winded song with a different verse and same chorus for every post he makes.

Here are the Cliff notes to DaveK's last 1129 posts:

The Bison suck (even though NDSU whipped a Big 10 team in every aspect but the scoreboard)

Basketball in all forms suck (even though it is a very popular sport in ND)

Red River Hockey :) sucks (even though they have been one of the more dominant teams for the last 10 years)

Short hair sucks (tell that to the folks in the armed forces)

Long-Hair is AWESOME

Heavy Metal is AWESOME

Hockey is Awesome (unless it involves a Grand Forks school)

Fargo South rule the State in Hockey and will be the next dynasty

Gophers are awesome in football.

DaveK is like a long-winded song with a different verse and same chorus for every post he makes.

Is this on sale in the book stores at both schools so people don't have to read the posts? :D

The more I thought about this game the more I was cheering for the Gophers and wish they would have blown out NDSU. I'm definitely not a Bison fan or a Gopher fan, but where's the talk about how this game effects the Sioux? (Note: I didn't read the game thread from yesterday so this may have already been discussed.)

The fact that this game was close hurts the Sioux. The Bison coaches can tour the area saying how they played with a Big Ten team and should have won. Recruits will eat this up and have more of a reason to play for the Bison.

I'm happy for the state of ND, although I'm from MN, am an adopted son of ND. But recruiting for the Sioux is only going to get worse this fall and winter. All the Sioux fans that were crowing for an NDSU win will eat their words when the top MN/ND/SD/WI recruits choose NDSU over UND.

Have to agree with DCSIOUX's concerns. For recruiting purposes, NDSU now has a number of issues in its favor when approaching Minnesota recruits: nearing playoff eligibility, facilities, and playing UMinn once every three years. If NDSU can get in the Gateway, that would help their recrutiing even more with an autobid.

For this recruiting season, UND will be able to offer recruits a larger scholarship package for 2008-9, but not for the next year. But schools like NDSU, SDSU, and UNI will continually point to UND not being playoff eligible for the entire playing career (until 2012-13). It is all the more impartant for UND to be get into a conference soon and to construct an indoor facility to help with the recruiting battles.

Have to agree with DCSIOUX's concerns. For recruiting purposes, NDSU now has a number of issues in its favor when approaching Minnesota recruits: nearing playoff eligibility, facilities, and playing UMinn once every three years. If NDSU can get in the Gateway, that would help their recrutiing even more with an autobid.

For this recruiting season, UND will be able to offer recruits a larger scholarship package for 2008-9, but not for the next year. But schools like NDSU, SDSU, and UNI will continually point to UND not being playoff eligible for the entire playing career (until 2012-13). It is all the more impartant for UND to be get into a conference soon and to construct an indoor facility to help with the recruiting battles.

On the bright side, I look for UND to get into Nebraska and Colorado pretty heavily now. UNC's program is a mess right now, which can only help UND's cause in recruiting there. Nebraska produces a fair number of very good players, and I would hope that in time, UND could do pretty well there. NDSU already recruits some in Nebraska, and UNO could really end up being hurt if the North Dakota schools start poaching some players they historically would have gotten. UNO typically doesn't have to venture more than a couple of hours from Omaha to recruit, and obviously they've had a lot of very good players over the past decade who clearly were I-AA caliber or better in terms of talent. And like I say every year, UND needs to get into Canada more heavily. In the short term, UND's recruiting in ND, MN and perhaps WI will be more difficult than it was prior to last season, but the slack can be picked up by recruiting more in other areas.

Hmmm... not sure I agree with everything I'm being accused of saying here. Let's break it down:

The Bison suck (even though NDSU whipped a Big 10 team in every aspect but the scoreboard) - I hate the Bison, but that doesn't mean they suck. They have a good football team, but I believe some of their fans think they're better than they actually are.

Basketball in all forms suck (even though it is a very popular sport in ND) - Basketball does nothing for me personally although I realize a lot of people follow it nationwide. I don't think it is as popular as hockey in the state of North Dakota, based on attendance for Sioux hockey games vs. Sioux and Bison basketball games.

Red River Hockey :D sucks (even though they have been one of the more dominant teams for the last 10 years) - On the contrary, I think Red River has a very strong hockey program.

Short hair sucks (tell that to the folks in the armed forces) - I personally would hate to see short hair on my head, but each to their own.

Long-Hair is AWESOME - I love the way long hair looks on my head, but each to their own.

Heavy Metal is AWESOME - Depends on how you define the term. I love '80s hair metal, but hate some of the newer crap that's being passed off as metal now.

Hockey is Awesome (unless it involves a Grand Forks school) - Hockey is my favorite sport and I have nothing against teams from the town I was born in.

Fargo South rule the State in Hockey and will be the next dynasty - In recent years they have been one of the better teams in the state. There are more kids playing hockey at the youth level in south Fargo than anywhere else in the state. Based on numbers alone, South should continue to be very good in the future.

Gophers are awesome in football. - On the contrary, the Gophers suck at football. They're very good at hockey, but their football team is a joke.

In conclusion, I would like to say thank you for being so obsessed with me. But next time try to be a little more accurate. You really don't know me as well as you think you do. Nice try, though... thanks for playing.

Can't a guy voice his opinions that he feels strongly about without being chastized for it? Sheesh!!!

DaveK, I could go back over the numerous threads and prove each of my comments. I would prefer not to do that due to time constraints and boring other posters but I will say this:

One of the greatest things about this web-site is that it enables fans (yes, even some Gopher and Bison fans) in open, objective conversation on a variety of subjects. Your posts are close-minded and completely lack any objectivity whatsoever. Like I said....same song different verse.

:D

Puleeze!!! :)

Esentially all you're saying is that I have my opinions and I stick to them. Wow, what an amazing revelation. In related news, the sky is blue.

And we also landed on the moon.....

You just will never get it. Thanks to posters like PCM, Hockey Mom, Mafia Man, Sagard and many more that are too numerous to mention that have the ability to look at two sides of an issue. With you it is always the same pathetic story. Go ahead and bash away but out of courtesy to other posters, I will not respond to this issue any more that I already have as I have stated what I wanted to and I am moving on.

You can be passionate about something and also try to see it from another person's point of view. That doesn't mean that you're riding the fence or that you don't care it's just respecting the other person enough to listen to their point of view without telling them that they're wrong before they open their mouth.

I can not believe how many times I heard "Sioux Suck" yesterday. Or how many derogatory comments were made toward UND from the Bison fans yesterday (this includes a "D2 Faggots" cheer started at Joe Sensor's). I mean, UND and NDSU haven't played in a couple of years, and thats pretty much all I heard walking around. This didn't change who I was cheering for, I wanted NDSU to win the game, but its clearly obvious to me now who hates who more..... ;) PLUS YOU WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING UND!!!! ???

Does this happen at all NDSU football games? I mean I haven't heard anyone talk about the Bison at any UND games for the past couple of years.... :glare:

Last year on Bisonville, there was a thread about how the "Sioux S*** S***" was still a prominent cheer in the student section - at both basketball and football games.

Seems like anti-UND cheers were on the mind of Bison fans in the Metrodome too, according to this thread on Bisonville:

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...um=1161623315/0

Throughout the entire game, we had several Bison fans behind us chanting "Sioux Suck" and "Sioux Suck sh*t" over and over and over again. Let me tell you, as someone that HATES UND, this got REALLY old. Several people around us (including my mother) asked them to let up and they just kept going and going.

Here we are, BEATING a team from the BIG 10 in front of 60,000+, and that's all we can think to cheer?

Out of curiousity to a group of Auburn and Alabama fans at work, I've mentioned this phenomena of Bison fans chanting anti-UND cheers at games that don't involve UND. They unanimously agreed that that fan behavior is perhaps the most bizarre that they had ever heard. Both the Alabama and Auburn fans, some of whom have been season ticket holders, couldn't conceive of the same thing happening at a Bama or Auburn gaming unless the two were playing each other. Both sets agreed that NDSU fans must be obsessed with UND.

Anti-Sioux chants haven't happend in the FargoDome for about 2 years, the only game it happend at last year was on homecoming when a few UND students in their Sioux Crew shirts were in the upper part of the student section. As for basketbal it hasn't happend since we played UND.

I was also at the UMN football game and there was one Sioux Suck chant that lasted for about 5 seconds where I was sitting(right next to one of the NDSU sections). I do agree there are some Bison fans obsessed with UND to the point where it is sickening but they are way in the minority.

[

[

Out of curiousity to a group of Auburn and Alabama fans at work, I've mentioned this phenomena of Bison fans chanting anti-UND cheers at games that don't involve UND. They unanimously agreed that that fan behavior is perhaps the most bizarre that they had ever heard. Both the Alabama and Auburn fans, some of whom have been season ticket holders, couldn't conceive of the same thing happening at a Bama or Auburn gaming unless the two were playing each other. Both sets agreed that NDSU fans must be obsessed with UND.

I was at the Metrodome and didn't hear any anti-Sioux chants.

From what I heard, there must be some Sioux fans that are still somewhat obsessed with the Bison. A Sioux fan friend of mine was at Suite 49 when the Bison-Gopher game was on. He said the Anti-Bison sentiment was pretty thick and the place erupted when the field goal was blocked. Sounds like some Sioux fans are still a little concerned about the Bison too.