SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Gets no Love in the CHN Pre-season Rankings.

Goon

He fails when it matters the most? Have you been paying attention at all in this thread? You suggest that he didn't show up in the playoffs yet he SHUTOUT Miami.

Big Deal, he beat the Uniersity of Miami which in my opinion was way over rated last year. Next. I think this is where we have to part ways, agree to disagree. I think your a great poster but I am not backing down in this one, I am not retracting anything I said about Schneider. In My opinion he is way over rated.

Frankly, I don't think I have to change my opinion since this is a Sioux message board and I am a Sioux fan. Schneider is a decent college hockey goalie but there is a good possibly he wouldn't even be in the top five if he played in the WCHA. The HE doesn't have half the fire power the WCHA has.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Deal, he beat the Uniersity of Miami which in my opinion was way over rated last year. Next. I think this is where we have to part ways, agree to disagree. I think your a great poster but I am not backing down in this one, I am not retracting anything I said about Schneider. In My opinion he is way over rated.

Frankly, I don't think I have to change my opinion since this is a Sioux message board and I am a Sioux fan. Schneider is a decent college hockey goalie but there is a good possibly he wouldn't even be in the top five if he played in the WCHA. The HE doesn't have half the fire power the WCHA has.

You don't have to change your opinion on any message board no matter what team you are from. But you haven't brought up a single point that is legitamate besides a bad game against North Dakota. (And saying Miami was overrated is a terrible excuse, they finished 5th in the NCAA RPI last season) You can have your opinions but it doesnt mean it's right.

You don't have to change your opinion on any message board no matter what team you are from. But you haven't brought up a single point that is legitamate besides a bad game against North Dakota. (And saying Miami was overrated is a terrible excuse, they finished 5th in the NCAA RPI last season) You can have your opinions but it doesnt mean it's right.

Ok, here are two games, Belrus 5-3 in 2005 and Russian last season 5-1.

Quit blurring the discussion with facts Goon. Springer by the name of Karl for me.

Dude I will quit now. Springers are awesome dogs for hunting Pheasants, they are known for their nose, and for their flushing capabilities. They are fun to hunt with. Britineys are also cool because they point out the birds for you.

Edited by Goon

You also say that you hate excuses but yet you come up with excuses as to how he led the youngest team in the nation to the National Title game.

That's not my excuse for him...That was one of YOUR excuses for him not winning it all last year. Refer to post #47 before you start putting my name behind things I never said please. I just re-quoted what you had already posted here.

My brother-in-law has a springer. Lock onto that dog's behind and don't lose it. You will get your bird. CDC. I love it.

Thats right Sprig, those dspringers work well in the field and they go high speed. Sometimes they will lock onto a rooster and keep going. This is no lie my lab flushed a sharpie in Grand Forks today just north of Kings Walk on the bike trail by south middle school. I never thought GF would experience urban sprawl.

Thats right Sprig, those dspringers work well in the field and they go high speed. Sometimes they will lock onto a rooster and keep going. This is no lie my lab flushed a sharpie in Grand Forks today just north of Kings Walk on the bike trail by south middle school. I never thought GF would experience urban sprawl.

Had one, worked fine, but couldn't stand the excitabililty, that's why I prefer the labs. Course I prefer pond hunting dux to cdc's, although my lab did point cdc's in the December snow.

Current black came from a yellow stud, but I don't hold it against him, much :silly:

Had one, worked fine, but couldn't stand the excitabililty, that's why I prefer the labs. Course I prefer pond hunting dux to cdc's, although my lab did point cdc's in the December snow.

Current black came from a yellow stud, but I don't hold it against him, much :silly:

Hum, my Lab is exciteable at home some/most times, but your right he is all business in the field and he knows when not to be hyper.

College Hockey News: Things to Watch, Part 1

5. Who will win the Hobey?

The preseason discussion will likely start and end with Wisconsin goalie Brian Elliott, the only member of last year's Hat Trick returning. Many thought he should have won it last year, and he might have, if not for an injury which cost him some time. Elliott led the nation in GAA (1.55) and save percentage (.938).

He won't be the only goalie getting mentioned as a possible winner. Cory Schneider of Boston College tied with Elliott for the lead in shutouts last season with eight and was third in save percentage while leading the nation in minutes played. North Dakota's Jordan Parise might also get some mention from between the pipes.

And who is Scott Burnside? ??? I'll bet he is at the top of the list when it comes to hockey analysts. :)

Its like come on. They have Skille 2nd on the list and I will tell you that Toews is the better player of the two.

His stats are enemic compared to Jonathon's I guess now the Sioux and Toews are going to have to go out and win an NCAA championship to get any love.

Its like come on. They have Skille 2nd on the list and I will tell you that Toews is the better player of the two.

His stats are enemic compared to Jonathon's I guess now the Sioux and Toews are going to have to go out and win an NCAA championship to get any love.

I wish people would think before making stupid comments. Look at all of the teams, 2006 draft picks aren't included in "The Hockey News Top Prospects."

"yawns"

really, who cares what publications think either good or bad. i know it is suppose to stir up opinions but i guess its just me but whatever they do on the ice is what counts, and we all know what toews can do. we all know toews is a great player and will continue that in the show so woopty doo on rankings. toews and oshie will contend for the hobey along with 3 or 4 other wcha players. and yes a wcha player will win the hobey baker again :) you heard it here first ???

If the refs call it tight like USA hockey is trying to do at all the festivals last summer(I know that has nothing to do with college), Toews will be unstoppable. Either way I think he is going to run away with the scoring title.

Last season I asked Greg Sheppard if they were going to ref the WCHA like the NHL and he said no.

I asked him why not and he said the coaches would approve of it. So apparently they aren't going to have plans of enforcing the obstruction rules like the NHL. I think that is a shame since UND line up seems very quick this season and a lot guys on the ice last night showed a lot of speed, especially brad miler.