SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Gets no Love in the CHN Pre-season Rankings.

Goon

Last season I asked Greg Sheppard if they were going to ref the WCHA like the NHL and he said no.

I asked him why not and he said the coaches would approve of it. So apparently they aren't going to have plans of enforcing the obstruction rules like the NHL. I think that is a shame since UND line up seems very quick this season and a lot guys on the ice last night showed a lot of speed, especially brad miler.

Convenient excuse, if you ask me.

More realistic answer is probably because the refs couldn't hack it. Or maybe that's why the coaches won't go for it?

Trust me, if the WCHA had NHL quality officials, I doubt the coaches would be against this rule.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More realistic answer is probably because the refs couldn't hack it. Or maybe that's why the coaches won't go for it?

Trust me, if the WCHA had NHL quality officials, I doubt the coaches would be against this rule.

I think your probably right, if they did call all the obstruction it would force teams to play a different style of hockey just like the NHL has. It would be a much more exciting brand of hockey. I am hoping with time the NCAA makes this commitment to this style of hockey. I know I don't go to college hockey games hoping to see a 2-1 or 1-0 game.