SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-UNI Game Thread

bincitysioux

There are always a few nay sayers on either side, but the bulk of the fans realize what a great day that was for you team and your fans. We have had our similar days with Montana and Wisconsin.

Yes, we had our "UNI" day. We should savor it.

However, lest we forget the other side of the fence, and being the team that shouldn't lose. Dare I say "US International" (and in a championship season no less)?

Winning as "the 'dog" is nice; wearing the target has its own enjoyable cachet as well.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually listened to the end of the game on the audio link while I was in Las Vegas. When the Sioux scored at the end my buddy and I high fived each other. Not because I'm a Sioux fan but because I'm against anybody taking a team from North Dakota lightly, whether its NDSU, UND, or any of the other schools. I'm proud of my alma mater, but I'm even more proud of being a North Dakotan. Congratulations.

I actually listened to the end of the game on the audio link while I was in Las Vegas. When the Sioux scored at the end my buddy and I high fived each other. Not because I'm a Sioux fan but because I'm against anybody taking a team from North Dakota lightly, whether its NDSU, UND, or any of the other schools. I'm proud of my alma mater, but I'm even more proud of being a North Dakotan. Congratulations.

This is exactly why I don't mind the Bison winning. (When not playing UND of course.)

Wouldn't it be nice if someone at WDAZ would be web literate enough to run a Sioux Sports show like this one at UNI.

Still waiting for Show #6, which should contain some video footage of the game, to be posted there. Great stuff, great quality for the video stream.

I watched the Sunday news at 10. All they had to do was leave the feed on and we could've seen the coaches. They turned it off though. Freaking idiots.

A UNI fan who was at the game stated on anygivensaturday.com that of the 11,000 fans at the game about 1,000 of them were UND fans, so now I've heard from 200 to 1,000 UND fans at the game, anyone know for sure? Just curious as to UND's showing.

No way did we have 1,000 fans there. I was going to give us around 250-300 people when I looked at our section. Give or Take a few obviously, but no way did we have 1,000 fans.

Thanks.

Can anyone who was there provide a summary of the day? How was tailgating? Do their fans get into the game? Looked like the stadium is decent, but very very old. Sioux fans seemed really loud on the radio, must have been awesome to witness the win.

Here we go, 7 beers deep, but here we go....Tailgating for the game was ok, but really scattered. We talked to a few people from UNI and it seemed like there were 3 different areas for people to tailgate. The one closest to the dome was for the most important or VIP people. Then you had to walk about 5 minutes away from the arena and there were students as well as the casual fan playing a lot of bean bag toss. I also heard that across the road by the dorms is where all the students in the dorms tailgate/party. Just 3 distinctly different lots I guess to me. Not well organized/grouped together IMO.

Their fans didn't really seem to be "into" the game til the 3rd quarter when they realized that we were legit and scoring frequently and often. Every fan base gets excited at a big play/defensive stop/3rd down, but that was about it. Frankly, there wasn't a whole lot to cheer about in the first half for them. As the game got closer, the crowd got louder, but it wasn't deafening by any means. Again, just my opinion.

The reason we were really loud was because the guy holding the mike-thingy was right below and would occasionly turn around towards us and hold the mike up to "get the fans back in North Dakota an understanding of how loud we really were". That was according to him after the game.

It was an unbelievable game in my eyes, like I've stated before, one of the 3-4 best UND games I've every attended. I'm only 23 and only can remember as far back at 1990 or so, but it was that great of a football game. I was impressed with the quality of play of both teams in the last quarter. Everytime they scored in the 4th quarter, I looked to the Sioux fan standing next to me, Ray, and we both said that we had plenty of time to score. You could see it in the players' eyes. Once we got to 14-3 or even 14-6 at halftime, they realized they had an opportunity to do something special to me. Their posture/eyes/focus never wavered. They always believed. That's the one thing I notice about this team early on this year. They never got down. Never Gave Up. Never Quit. That's what I love about UND Football and UND Athletics in general.