SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU's Big Week

star2city

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this correct?

NDSU must make a 10-year commitment to the MidCon. Extra penalties if NDSU withdraws from the MidCon prior to the 2017-18 season?

This is not starting rumors? It was never stated that NDSU must make a 10 year commitment or anything about exit penalties. You guys are priceless!

This is not starting rumors? It was never stated that NDSU must make a 10 year commitment or anything about exit penalties. You guys are priceless!

These people are asking questions (see the question marks?) not declaring that they know anything for sure...and if you had any reading comprehension skills, you'd know that too. I'm sure they've heard a lot of different things, and are asking their peers whether or not they've heard the same. You're a big whiner, and apparently don't know how to read. Go cry someplace else. :love:

These people are asking questions (see the question marks?) not declaring that they know anything for sure...and if you had any reading comprehension skills, you'd know that too. I'm sure they've heard a lot of different things, and are asking their peers whether or not they've heard the same. You're a big whiner, and apparently don't know how to read. Go cry someplace else. :love:

I'll stand by my statement that your starting rumors. How do you square the fact that some of the following posts are asking about the 10 year agreement and penalties?

I'll stand by my statement that your starting rumors. How do you square the fact that some of the following posts are asking about the 10 year agreement and penalties?

You answered your own question:

asking about the 10 year agreement and penalties

How does asking questions constitute starting rumors? I agree with Katothr's statements. You go ahead and stand by your statement and stand alone.

I would suspect some type of exit fee could be in the making and it would not be entirely unreasonable.

Once again, WYOBISONMAN comes through and makes an honest comment without the rest of the Fargo Slant! I can say with all honesty that I actually respect your comments and hope you contine to provide your input on this board! Good luck to real Bison fans like yourself!

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

• 2 weeks later...

If I were a Bison fan, I wouldn't like how this has been handled. Why not make one announcement and let each of the schools hold their own press conference or have the representatives of each school come to Mid-Con HQ and have one press conference for all?

I know that many Bison fans are a little uneasy about the events of the day, but I still think that the Bison will get an invitation, whether they take it or not, who knows. They may have multiple conversations going on with Mid-Con and Big Sky.I know I'll get blasted for that last statement, but so be it.

If I were a Bison fan, I wouldn't like how this has been handled. Why not make one announcement and let each of the schools hold their own press conference or have the representatives of each school come to Mid-Con HQ and have one press conference for all?

I know that many Bison fans are a little uneasy about the events of the day, but I still think that the Bison will get an invitation, whether they take it or not, who knows. They may have multiple conversations going on with Mid-Con and Big Sky.I know I'll get blasted for that last statement, but so be it.

Yes, it seems to me a strange way to handle this too. I also think we will get in along with SDSU. It has been interesting watching the reaction on Bisonville. People seem to get paranoid pretty fast and forget that the MidCon probably needs the SUs worse than the SUs need a conference........but, who knows. Until the invite is out anything is a possibility. A little suspense makes this thing more exciting....that is for damn sure!

Yes, it seems to me a strange way to handle this too. I also think we will get in along with SDSU. It has been interesting watching the reaction on Bisonville. People seem to get paranoid pretty fast and forget that the MidCon probably needs the SUs worse than the SUs need a conference........but, who knows. Until the invite is out anything is a possibility. A little suspense makes this thing more exciting....that is for damn sure!

Has your perspective changed over the years on the Mid-Con? I recall you saying the you would rather be independent that be in the Mid-Con. I know point of view can be altered over time. Situations change.

Has your perspective changed over the years on the Mid-Con? I recall you saying the you would rather be independent that be in the Mid-Con. I know point of view can be altered over time. Situations change.

I still think the Big Sky is more attractive. I just think the BSC has a better peer group of institutions for us. On the other hand there is something to be said for the fact that the MidCon does nicely cover some important recruiting area for NDSU. But I still like the Sky. But.....the Sky isn't going to happen. Kind of like I would love to f#ck Faith Hill, but it ain't gonna happen...... ;):love:

Bison fans need to relax: NDSU is in.

A conference like the Mid-Con needs as much exposure as possible: so they make individual trips to each city to make the announcement in full blown local press conferences so the Fort Wayne, Fargo, and Sioux Falls/Brookings media each have their day. The MidCon also wants to make the announcement as dramatic and tension-filled as possible - Bison fans are falling for it. I wouldn't be surprised if the NDSU MidCon announcement was at halftime of the tomorrow's football game - for added theatrical effect. Chapman loves his press conferences. ;)

If NDSU or SDSU wasn't in, that would have been announced today.