SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU's Big Week

star2city

It looks an awful lot like we got you beat in those categories too. We've definitely got you beat in the first four, would be equal in the next two, and then i guess you do have us on the last one but we could always start a new team or two. I guess the truth really does hurt.

YAWN.........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks an awful lot like we got you beat in those categories too. We've definitely got you beat in the first four, would be equal in the next two, and then i guess you do have us on the last one but we could always start a new team or two. I guess the truth really does hurt.

When you look through rose colored glasses looks can be decieving. :lol:

Is that the same league for indoor watersports that NDSU is in?

I know NDSU has had a major domed facility filled with water twice in the past.

Is an NCIKL meet why that was? Will that score big with Douple and the Mid-Con? :blush::huh::lol:

I'm glad to see somebody over here has a sense of humor. I probably should have used a smiley face rather than a smarmy, pretentious face.

I can only remember the dome flooding once (2000) and that was in fact for a NCIKL sanctioned event. Unfortunately, NCIKL officials were unhappy with the high sulfate levels in the water and the event was cancelled, which explains why you never heard of it.

When you look through rose colored glasses looks can be decieving. :lol:

Jeez, Don't you know that you have to wear rose tinted glasses because its the only type that cuts down on the reflected light from the 7 NCAA Division I Ice Hockey Champion trophys! :huh:

PS Standard $4 glasses from 7-11 should work fine on viewing your Div II collection or do you even recognize that anymore since you are Division IAA?

BobIwabuchiFan

Jeez, Don't you know that you have to wear rose tinted glasses because its the only type that cuts down on the reflected light from the 7 NCAA Division I Ice Hockey Champion trophys! :blush:

PS Standard $4 glasses from 7-11 should work fine on viewing your Div II collection or do you even recognize that anymore since you are Division IAA?

BobIwabuchiFan

Oooooh BURN!!! :lol:

JBB, err...Di in fargo....you should put some aloe on that one.

I'm glad to see somebody over here has a sense of humor. I probably should have used a smiley face rather than a smarmy, pretentious face.

I can only remember the dome flooding once (2000) and that was in fact for a NCIKL sanctioned event. Unfortunately, NCIKL officials were unhappy with the high sulfate levels in the water and the event was cancelled, which explains why you never heard of it.

She's been competition ready for NCIKL events twice. June 2000 was the second time. And too bad that you got turned down for the CIWSC (Collegiate Indoor Waterskiing Conference) that second time due to 12 feet of water. You were good the first time with just 8 feet, but they want at least two soundings. (They figured you were trying to cut water chop with greater depth the second time. :D )

If sulfates were the issue, and you dumped to the Red, I'm telling the Manitoba premier. :blush:

:blush:

So is this correct?

NDSU must make a 10-year commitment to the MidCon. Extra penalties if NDSU withdraws from the MidCon prior to the 2017-18 season?

now THIS is interesting....(and underreported if true). I referenced "paper-thin" committment to the Mid Con in a previous post thinking the ag college would join ANY conference that was available but WOULD ME MORE THAN WILLING to break away if "another" conference (read: BigSky) made overtures in the next few years...like when they might have a few more schools that would make travel to the east more "appealing"

If they're that desperate....well...go ahead and sign up for the 10 year lease and frequent flyer programs....maybe we'll be in the position they hoped THEY'D be in a few years ago in 2009 :lol::huh: (wouldn't THAT be ironic?? :D )

:lol:

now THIS is interesting....(and underreported if true). I referenced "paper-thin" committment to the Mid Con in a previous post thinking the ag college would join ANY conference that was available but WOULD ME MORE THAN WILLING to break away if "another" conference (read: BigSky) made overtures in the next few years...like when they might have a few more schools that would make travel to the east more "appealing"

If they're that desperate....well...go ahead and sign up for the 10 year lease and frequent flyer programs....maybe we'll be in the position they hoped THEY'D be in a few years ago in 2009 :huh::D (wouldn't THAT be ironic?? :D )

We'll see who's desperate in a couple of years? :blush: There isn't any less travel expense for the BSC over the Mid-Con.

I know this may be hard for many to understand or accept:

If the Bison are accepted into the Mid-Con the Big Sky is probably off the table forever. (of course this point is also trivial as I don't see the Big Sky showing any real interest in any school more than a stones throw east of the rockies.) NDSU will be looking east; building the Mid-Con, and if moving anywhere be looking at the MVC or Horizon. The Bison probably wouldn't go anywhere for a decade, if ever, and by then we identify ourselves as a Midwest team.

I dont know any team in there right mind would turn down an invitation to a conference (any conference) when they are an independant. It helps in all aspects of athletics such as recruiting and fan base. It would be absolutly foolish if NDSU doesnt accept an invitation into the Mid-con, automatic qualifiers work wonders for athletic attendance

I know this may be hard for many to understand or accept:

If the Bison are accepted into the Mid-Con the Big Sky is probably off the table forever. (of course this point is also trivial as I don't see the Big Sky showing any real interest in any school more than a stones throw east of the rockies.) NDSU will be looking east; building the Mid-Con, and if moving anywhere be looking at the MVC or Horizon. The Bison probably wouldn't go anywhere for a decade, if ever, and by then we identify ourselves as a Midwest team.

Jeepers, this a little arrogant coming from a School that hasn't even been accepted.."NDSU will be looking east; building the Mid-Con, and if moving anywhere be looking at the MVC or Horizon. The Bison probably wouldn't go anywhere for a decade, if ever, and by then we identify ourselves as a Midwest team."

The above is the same arrogant sh$t I hear from my relatives in Fargo. Especially a couple of years back on how UND would disappear from the sports map and how NDSU was going to be accepted by BSC and how title 9 was going to be changed to allow the Bison to reap the benefits..Yah, yah, yah...Same ol' crap as last time.

Hopefully this is something most NDSU folks can understand or accept: You may have a jump on us by a couple of years, but after a couple of years it will be back to usual with the town 75 miles north delivering the bad news in the Fargodome and walking away with a very large 5 cent piece. :love:

Jeepers, this a little arrogant coming from a School that hasn't even been accepted.."NDSU will be looking east; building the Mid-Con, and if moving anywhere be looking at the MVC or Horizon. The Bison probably wouldn't go anywhere for a decade, if ever, and by then we identify ourselves as a Midwest team."

The above is the same arrogant sh$t I hear from my relatives in Fargo. Especially a couple of years back on how UND would disappear from the sports map and how NDSU was going to be accepted by BSC and how title 9 was going to be changed to allow the Bison to reap the benefits..Yah, yah, yah...Same ol' crap as last time.

Hopefully this is something most NDSU folks can understand or accept: You may have a jump on us by a couple of years, but after a couple of years it will be back to usual with the town 75 miles north delivering the bad news in the Fargodome and walking away with a very large 5 cent piece. :love:

Yeah, that post is arrogant, from the school who has a campus visit just completed. This from a school who hasn't even started their exploratory year, this post isn't arrogant at all.

If they're that desperate....well...go ahead and sign up for the 10 year lease and frequent flyer programs....maybe we'll be in the position they hoped THEY'D be in a few years ago in 2009 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (wouldn't THAT be ironic?? wink.gif )

I think you'll see whos "desperate" when UND is an indy for a couple of years, while their rival is competing for a NCAA berth in all sports. Oh wait, I'm sure UND will get an invitation in their first year of being D-I, thats realistic.

A little arrogant, huh?

Jeepers, this a little arrogant coming from a School that hasn't even been accepted.

Hence the 'if'.

Especially a couple of years back on how UND would disappear from the sports map and how NDSU was going to be accepted by BSC and how title 9 was going to be changed to allow the Bison to reap the benefits..Yah, yah, yah...Same ol' crap as last time.

Who said that? Nothing personal, if you're going to bring up generalizations like that don't do it in reference to my post. I don't need statements that I don't agree with attributed to me.

Hopefully this is something most NDSU folks can understand or accept: You may have a jump on us by a couple of years, but after a couple of years it will be back to usual with the town 75 miles north delivering the bad news in the Fargodome and walking away with a very large 5 cent piece. :lol:

Whatever.

I remember when NDSU made the announcement to D1, and how I was laughed at by my UND relatives on how we were making this mistake, our football team would never even be ranked, and our basketball team would be a bottom feeder in the RPI index.

How NDSU athletics and tradition would disappear, and the school would be forced to focus more on academics and programs, because we were making this mistake of leaving D2 for D1.

Now here we are like 4 years later, with the football team ranked almost on a consistent level, the basketball team already wwith a win over the top 25, and finishing right in the middle of the RPI index without even a full D1 recruited bball team, and even funnier, how UND is making the move to D1, and not even everyone in their administration agrees with it.

On a seriously respectable note, UND will have no problmes making the step up in football, and the women's bball team will be better then NDSU's, I think, in the next couple of years if it isn't already. The men's bball team is another story.

UND will be 100% satisfied with the jump up in a couple years, I assure you.

I remember when NDSU made the announcement to D1, and how I was laughed at by my UND relatives on how we were making this mistake, our football team would never even be ranked, and our basketball team would be a bottom feeder in the RPI index.

IMO, most Sioux fans, including this one, expected NDSU football to fare rather well at the IAA level. The surprise of NDSU DI athletics has been, by far, NDSU men's basketball. Who would have expected NDSU basketball to exceed SDSU's program? Miles has recruited very well in spite of the lack of a real basketball facility and any real NDSU tradition. It's a shame that, NDSU even in a conference, won't have a decent venue to showcase its basketball. NDSU women's basketball, otoh, has not lived up to its billing and will be rebuilding for some time.

I also remember when NDSU fans were saying Northern Colorado and the Big Sky had absolutely no interest in each other as UNC was a lock for the MidContinent and how NDSU/SDSU were destined for the Big Sky. History has a strange way of not being predictable.

On a seriously respectable note, UND will have no problmes making the step up in football, and the women's bball team will be better then NDSU's, I think, in the next couple of years if it isn't already. The men's bball team is another story.

UND will be 100% satisfied with the jump up in a couple years, I assure you.

Thanks for the complement on Lennon's and Roebuck's programs. But I'm sure they would be the first to state that there is a lot of hard work remaining.

The surprise of NDSU DI athletics has been, by far, NDSU men's basketball. Who would have expected NDSU basketball to exceed SDSU's program? Miles has recruited very well in spite of the lack of a real basketball facility and any real NDSU tradition. It's a shame that, NDSU even in a conference, won't have a decent venue to showcase its basketball.

You may be surprised what a renovated Bison Sports Arena might look like. We hear they have raised nearly all of the $16 million they are going to spend on the project. I personally think they should raise about double that and build a new arena. But we hear the renovated BSA will be basketball friendly and actually feel like a basketball arena.

but what will West Fargo do for a meat-packing plant then??? You guys need to pick ONE OR THE OTHER... :love:

(PS - for 16 million...I'd bulldoze that eyesore and build a fan-friendly basketball arena - and paint it a decent COLOR for crying out loud...for a long time, I thought you modeled it on our old GF civic auditorium....PUKE!!)