SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU's Big Week

star2city

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction... that's Division I-AA. :blush:

Oh can we feel the love and the Jealousy in all these posts. DaveK you again show how uneducated you are. The MidCon is DI period, only subclassification in DI is for Football of which the Mid-Con doesn't sponsor. But I wouldn't expect you to know that given that you follow a DII school :huh:

Oh can we feel the love and the Jealousy in all these posts. DaveK you again show how uneducated you are. The MidCon is DI period, only subclassification in DI is for Football of which the Mid-Con doesn't sponsor. But I wouldn't expect you to know that given that you follow a DII school :blush:

So now the level of sports that we follow is directly related with our level of intelligence?

Oh can we feel the love and the Jealousy in all these posts. DaveK you again show how uneducated you are. The MidCon is DI period, only subclassification in DI is for Football of which the Mid-Con doesn't sponsor. But I wouldn't expect you to know that given that you follow a DII school :blush:

Wrong again, JBB clone.

The Mid-Con is officially classified as a I-AAA conference by the NCAA. (A conference that does not sponsor football.) I-AAA conferences.

Good luck to the Bison while they entertain the MidCon officials. Seems like they aren't holding back anything to impress their guests. Personally, I really don't think NDSU fans have anything to worry about, as NDSU is in the MidCon if NDSU chooses to accept.

Yes.......but is would make everyone choke if we didn't pull out all the stops and then did not get an invite......

It will have lunches at the Fargo Country Club, Doolittles Woodfire Grill and the NDSU Alumni Center. It will dine at the Hotel Donaldson and Newman Outdoor Field during a Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks baseball game.

Was Hooters overbooked? :lol::blush:

As someone new to the whole North Dakota thing I am amazed at how NDSU supporters just can't get off their high and mightness, but are still so intrigued by a second teir school ( in their minds ) that they spend all their time on this message board.

hey superstar, what's the title of this thread? that being said,

star2city, thanks for the well wishing.

the bison need the mid-con bad. i'm cautiously optimistic.

pretty sure a UND grad, and hs classmate of mine, manages doolittles. not too worried about uncouth sioux fans (that's a little redundant :blush: ) making a scene, i'm sure that davek is watching hockey reruns. :lol:

Hmmm, I don't believe any DI conference selection committees will be visiting Grand Forks this week.

And I don't think there was one visiting Fargo in October of 2002 either, a whole month after NDSU announced there intention to go DI. Which is where UND is at in this process. :blush:

the bison need the mid-con bad. i'm cautiously optimistic.

And I wish the Bison good luck in getting into the Mid-Con as well. It's step in the right direction for UND's future as well by adding stability to the GWFC, and bringing the footprint of the Mid-Con into the Dakotas.

And I wish the Bison good luck in getting into the Mid-Con as well. It's step in the right direction for UND's future as well by adding stability to the GWFC, and bringing the footprint of the Mid-Con into the Dakotas.

There may not be a GWFC in two years. It seems that Western Kentucky is leaving the Gateway for the Sun Belt. If that happens the Gateway would be down to 7 teams and would likely be looking to add one or two more. Hopefully NDSU would be in the running. If the GWFC loses one or two more teams, there will be no conference left.

There may not be a GWFC in two years. It seems that Western Kentucky is leaving the Gateway for the Sun Belt. If that happens the Gateway would be down to 7 teams and would likely be looking to add one or two more. Hopefully NDSU would be in the running. If the GWFC loses one or two more teams, there will be no conference left.

NDSU and SDSU would fit that conference very well. Two land Grants that would immediately be competitive and through the transition. The future looks very interesting for NDSU fans :blush:

Couldn't this be put under that same "speculation" heading that Sioux fans are so accused of lately? :blush:

Only if nd1sufan had speculated Western Kentucky was leaving the Gateway to join the North Carribean Indoor Kayak League. :D

Is that the same league for indoor watersports that NDSU is in?

I know NDSU has had a major domed facility filled with water twice in the past.

Is an NCIKL meet why that was? Will that score big with Douple and the Mid-Con? :blush::D:lol:

Only if nd1sufan had speculated Western Kentucky was leaving the Gateway to join the North Carribean Indoor Kayak League. :huh:

Or, apparently, if nd1sufan had speculated NDSU was joining the Big Sky. That, after all, was preposterous, even though NDSU fans has been postulating, dreaming, and speculating on it for three years. Now, any kind of such talk, even though Fullerton still publicly names UND, NDSU, and SDSU, is beyond the range of all "resonable" speculation. Apparently, "Politically Correct" speech has been imposed on a topic as mundane as conference affiliation because it hurts the egos, feelings and sensitivities of bison fans.

Consider this: if the Big Sky was only going to take one school from the Dakotas, which school would the BSC choose? High on the BSC shopping list are camera and satellite-ready facilities, a dakota-wide cable network, a world class arena (or two), and an established record of winning DI championships. Now who might fit those criteria?. :blush: The plain truth is hurtful sometimes. :D

High on the BSC shopping list are camera and satellite-ready facilities, a dakota-wide cable network, a world class arena (or two), and an established record of winning DI championships. Now who might fit those criteria?. :blush: The plain truth is hurtful sometimes. :lol:

According to who?

I've heard academic quality, athletic competitiveness, commitment to gender equity, commitment to student-athlete success, geography with regards to cost of travel and travel time, and sponsoring all conference sports.

According to who?

I've heard academic quality, athletic competitiveness, commitment to gender equity, commitment to student-athlete success, geography with regards to cost of travel and travel time, and sponsoring all conference sports.

Come on IowaBison the plain truth hurts susie fans. :huh:

According to who?

It looks an awful lot like we got you beat in those categories too. We've definitely got you beat in the first four, would be equal in the next two, and then i guess you do have us on the last one but we could always start a new team or two. I guess the truth really does hurt.