SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at NHL Development Camps

Sioux_Hab-it

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wild don't want to let their mediocrity out into the open too soon and to a crowd that, though they are fans, won't be regular season ticket or ticket purchasers at the X.

Don't worry though, you can catch the Mild on FSN North all season long having one of the leagues best PKs and leagues worst PP and total offense.

This Wild team will be different. They have offensive talent now. :angry:

You Guessed it, He's...........................................................................

Still here!

Should the Sioux make it to the FF in St Louis, I wouldn't bet on them letting him be back here for his junior year. We better enjoy it while it lasts, this year could be the last we see of him and one Mr. Toews (assuming Johnny is here this season). :angry:

Should the Sioux make it to the FF in St Louis, I wouldn't bet on them letting him be back here for his junior year.

If they advance to St. Louis, I doubt they'd even let him board the plane back to Grand Forks.

Oops, I see i woke the sleeping giant, sorry. Good to hear from you bro, how's things.

Things are well. I am starting my dry land training for the upcoming season next week, and

will follow that up with training on grilling in below zero weather, training on opening beer bottles with choppers, and training on heckling the opposition in clear, concise, and courteous tones.

I should be all set to go by the time that pucks start dropping in October. As the old song goes, see you in St. Louis, and around many arenas before then.

Things are well. I am starting my dry land training for the upcoming season next week, and

will follow that up with training on grilling in below zero weather, training on opening beer bottles with choppers, and training on heckling the opposition in clear, concise, and courteous tones.

I should be all set to go by the time that pucks start dropping in October. As the old song goes, see you in St. Louis, and around many arenas before then.

Yeah, I've ramped up my training efforts as well. I don't think I put enough into last season. I made it a priority to consume as much beer, chicken wings and queso as is humanly possible so I'm prepared for tailgaiting and other events. I hope I don't dissapoint myself.

No they won't. They never do. Their coach Lemaire won't allow it. He picked up Demitra as a 3rd line checking line forward. Lemaire does not believe in scoring goals.

Precisely. The Wild will score slightly more goals than last year but it won't matter. Demitra will see LeMaire's system and cringe. His scoring will drop like a stone.

i disagree. look at what the wild did at the beginning of last year. they were on a tear, scoring goals left and right. lemaire let them play a very offensive style until the team cooled down. last year, it didn't have the skill to keep that up all year long. but when the guys came out and were putting things in the net, lemaire had no problem playing an offensive game.

this year, he will have much more scoring power to work with and the wild will play accordingly. lemaire won his championship in jersey with a bunch of guys nobody thought could do anything and a great goalie. he took a bunch of rejects a couple years ago and took them deep into the playoffs in the teams 3rd year. he, and the wild organization, has said this year things will be different. and he's shown throughout his career that if he gets enough talented scorers he will easily run an offensive minded club.

i disagree. look at what the wild did at the beginning of last year. they were on a tear, scoring goals left and right. lemaire let them play a very offensive style until the team cooled down. last year, it didn't have the skill to keep that up all year long. but when the guys came out and were putting things in the net, lemaire had no problem playing an offensive game.

this year, he will have much more scoring power to work with and the wild will play accordingly. lemaire won his championship in jersey with a bunch of guys nobody thought could do anything and a great goalie. he took a bunch of rejects a couple years ago and took them deep into the playoffs in the teams 3rd year. he, and the wild organization, has said this year things will be different. and he's shown throughout his career that if he gets enough talented scorers he will easily run an offensive minded club.

Are you drinking the Wild Kool-Aid or what?

They say the same thing every year. They have actually been proactive and gotten some offensive talent, but Lemaire will reign that in midway through the season and they will play like they have the last couple of years.

They will be better, but I'm not sure they have a goalie who can win the big games they will need.

Are you drinking the Wild Kool-Aid or what?

They say the same thing every year. They have actually been proactive and gotten some offensive talent, but Lemaire will reign that in midway through the season and they will play like they have the last couple of years.

They will be better, but I'm not sure they have a goalie who can win the big games they will need.

I think their problem isn't defense or goaltending so much as it is scoring. They still only have 1.5 scoring lines (Koivu added in there because of his potential). Many of the guys that the team looks to are really nothing more than character/role players (Walz, Bouchard, DUpuis, Foy, Veillieux) and checking/unknowns (White, Radivojevic, Weinhandl). Oh, and I'm discounting the biggest worthless roster spot in Boogaard. Apart from Gaborik, those on the scoring lines would basically be 2nd line players on any other team.

I think their problem isn't defense or goaltending so much as it is scoring. They still only have 1.5 scoring lines (Koivu added in there because of his potential). Many of the guys that the team looks to are really nothing more than character/role players (Walz, Bouchard, DUpuis, Foy, Veillieux) and checking/unknowns (White, Radivojevic, Weinhandl). Oh, and I'm discounting the biggest worthless roster spot in Boogaard. Apart from Gaborik, those on the scoring lines would basically be 2nd line players on any other team.

I think we are forgetting Rolston is an awesome offensive player add Parish and Brendal to the mix I think the Wild are going to be good...

I think we are forgetting Rolston is an awesome offensive player add Parish and Brendal to the mix I think the Wild are going to be good...

Rolston had a career year last year, that much is true. Can he repeat it? Parrish is an above average scorer, sure. But how will he adapt to LeMaire's system? Brendal? Who is he?

The 1.5 scoring lines I stated contain Gaborik, Parrish, Rolston, Demitra, and Koivu. And Koivu is on the list purely by potential.