SiouxSports.com Forum

Chorney

Archibald

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have your own bartender? Cool. ;)

Some people have their own personal trainers, I just take "training" to a different level. ;)

Sagard, tell me about it. When I was in private corporate practice, I bailed a couple of Edina kids out of jail for firm clients who were out of town, and the kids decided to ... steal an ex-boyfriend's car or throw a party for a few hundred of their "closest friends". "Mommy and Daddy" were not pleased, especially when they saw my billing was higher than the criminal lawyers'. ;)

"Mommy and Daddy" were not pleased, especially when they saw my billing was higher than the criminal lawyers'. ;)

Well what'd they expect? :)

You gotta keep that personal bartender on retainer even when you're working.

Shattuck seems to hold academics as very important. Any school that would expell 2 of there best players for cheating has my respect. No disrespect aimed at the future NHLers, but rather I think this says that the school is NOT a hockey factory.

Archie you're a puke!
I am a died in the wool Gopher fan, this thread was started by a good friend of mine who happens to live here. He is without question a Sioux diehard. He needs to answer no one's question about his loyalty to all things Sioux. He heard from a decent source, that T. Chorney was having some troubles adjusting to college studies, and would soon be opting out of the program. He is concerned with all of the 2005 losses (Much the same as I am with the Gopher losses this year) and if Chorney goes what would the impact be. Archie is not a puke, he is a true ND fan.

I am a died in the wool Gopher fan, this thread was started by a good friend of mine who happens to live here. He is without question a Sioux diehard. He needs to answer no one's question about his loyalty to all things Sioux. He heard from a decent source, that T. Chorney was having some troubles adjusting to college studies, and would soon be opting out of the program. He is concerned with all of the 2005 losses (Much the same as I am with the Gopher losses this year) and if Chorney goes what would the impact be. Archie is not a puke, he is a true ND fan.

Nice try Archie. How many other bogus IDs have you created and posted to over the years. I now realize that you don't have much of a chat in GPL, I guess you don't have much of a personal life either.

That would be my definition of trolling. ;)

where's here?

I'm here to dispel the myth. I'm am not a rodent! I'm a die-hard Sioux backer that happened to hear about the Chorney thing and wondered if anyone had heard the same thing. The same person that told me about Chorney also gave me the info about JPar having an agent two weeks before Hennessey said the same thing on the air. I absolutely hope this info turns out to be incorrect. It would suck to have a sixth non-senior leave the program.

Go Sioux!

BTW, RAMONE? I'm sure the real Archie could kick his a$$.

The same person that told me about Chorney also gave me the info about JPar having an agent two weeks before Hennessey said the same thing on the air.

Why wouldn't he have an agent? If they want to make it to the NHL, wouldn't you get an agent as soon as possible? My guess is that they get one, so I don't understand how that would be news. And I don't mean that to be mean or anything.

I hope neither of them leave or anybody else, but good luck to them if they do.

Why wouldn't he have an agent? If they want to make it to the NHL, wouldn't you get an agent as soon as possible? My guess is that they get one, so I don't understand how that would be news. And I don't mean that to be mean or anything.

In other sports like basketball and football, players are no longer eligible for NC$$ play as soon as they sign a contract with an agent. I would guess it is the same for hockey. Players usually have a "family friend" or relative that acts as a go-between until a decision is made to actually go pro. So if JPar has signed a contract with an agent then he has probably lost his college eligibility already. If his dad or someone else is just talking to teams then he could still come back next year.

In other sports like basketball and football, players are no longer eligible for NC$$ play as soon as they sign a contract with an agent. I would guess it is the same for hockey. Players usually have a "family friend" or relative that acts as a go-between until a decision is made to actually go pro. So if JPar has signed a contract with an agent then he has probably lost his college eligibility already. If his dad or someone else is just talking to teams then he could still come back next year.

You are correct about your info. If he hires an agent, he's done in the NCAA. However, often many of these agents act as unpaid "advisors" for some time at the behest of the family (which can sometimes lead to the 'unpaid' tag becoming 'paid'). The fact that Jordan has one isn't surprising, but whether this agent is being paid or not defines whether or not he has eligibility or not. If he calls his "advisor" his agent, but there is no contract, then Jordan still has eligibility. It's a quirky rule. I'm not sure I truly understand the rule (why a collegiate player cannot hire an agent with the collegiate player's own money), but that's how it is.

I'm here to dispel the myth. I'm am not a rodent! I'm a die-hard Sioux backer that happened to hear about the Chorney thing and wondered if anyone had heard the same thing. The same person that told me about Chorney also gave me the info about JPar having an agent two weeks before Hennessey said the same thing on the air. I absolutely hope this info turns out to be incorrect. It would suck to have a sixth non-senior leave the program.

Go Sioux!

BTW, RAMONE? I'm sure the real Archie could kick his a$$.

POINT IS....you've been RAMONED you kid-toucher!! (ie EXPOSED) He's just the HEAD of the clean-up crew....

RAAMMMOONNEE!! sweep this dirt into the dustpan RIGHT AWAY!! I have a cotillion to attend! :D

ps - O&A rule!! ;):lol:

Okay, this has been going on long enough..... I don't post very often as you all can see, but after seeing this thread on here for most of this week I checked with the only sources that really matter....I won't put the actual quotes on this board, but, please believe me when I say that Taylor Chorney is going nowhere! I was almost laughed at for even bringing it up. Let's all move on to something else and have this thread go away... have a few Budweisers, a few Long Islands, and remember what Memorial Day weekend is all about. God Bless America...... and The Fighting Sioux!

Okay, this has been going on long enough..... I don't post very often as you all can see, but after seeing this thread on here for most of this week I checked with the only sources that really matter....I won't put the actual quotes on this board, but, please believe me when I say that Taylor Chorney is going nowhere! I was almost laughed at for even bringing it up. Let's all move on to something else and have this thread go away... have a few Budweisers, a few Long Islands, and remember what Memorial Day weekend is all about. God Bless America...... and The Fighting Sioux!

This may be one of the most intelligent posts I've ever seen on this site.