SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, last time I checked the Habs were still up on the Highstick Canes and weren't struggling against the worst team to make the playoffs. :D

Who says I'm a Canes fan? :sad:

Right now, I have to live down the fact that I have to root against a team who boasts, IMO, the 2nd best GM in the game in the Oilers.

GO WINGS!!!

Then again, with the officiating in the Wings-Oilers series, the Wings may win the series on a technicality. I hate technicalities. ;)

Habs?

Montreal CanadiEns. Habs is a nickname

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Canadiens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Habitants

Habitants is the name used to referred to both the French settlers and the America-born inhabitants of French origin who farmed the land along the two shores of the St. Lawrence waterway in what is the present-day Province of Quebec in Canada.

In 1924, Madison Square Garden owner Tex Rickard was falsely told by someone that the "H" in the logo of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team stood for "habitant", a French word that in those days was used to denote the farmers of Quebec. Rickard was told that the French players on the team came from the farms and that they were therefore "habitants" or "habs". At the time, the Canadiens were recognized as the French Canadian team of Montreal as opposed to the Montreal Maroons, the English Canadian team. In reality, the team logo of the "C" wrapped around the "H" stands for Club de Hockey Canadien. In 1917, at the founding of the NHL, the team changed its name to that from the previous Club Athl

Montreal CanadiEns. Habs is a nickname

In 1924, Madison Square Garden owner Tex Rickard was falsely told by someone that the "H" in the logo of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team stood for "habitant", a French word that in those days was used to denote the farmers of Quebec. Rickard was told that the French players on the team came from the farms and that they were therefore "habitants" or "habs".

Basically they are farmers.

By the way the Hab are down 1-0

Now the Farmers are down by two goals. Oh the Humanity. I can't complain since

I hate the DIRTY HABS, Think it goes back to me being a Boston Bruins fan and most Bruins fans don't like the HABS...

those "habs" are looking pretty good right now. they came out flying to tie it up. Has Commodore had any big hits yet?

• 1 month later...

Buffalo forces game 7!

Vanek didn't play in last night's game.

Commodore with plenty of playing time - no penalties, or on the ice for any of the scoring.

Who is Paul Gaustad for Buffalo? The web lists his home town as Fargo, ND.

The announcers really put the screws to Carolina. After the penalty in OT they go with the 0-15 stats for the Buffalo PP. That wasn't enough, with 20 seconds left they basically start congratulating Carolina on the kill with the old "...it's dumped out and Carolina will have four fresh players to kill the rest..."

Hockey players always seem to defy the announcers so boom. Ward blows it and game is over. ;)

Fun series and the final should go at least six as well.

The announcers really put the screws to Carolina. After the penalty in OT they go with the 0-15 stats for the Buffalo PP. That wasn't enough, with 20 seconds left they basically start congratulating Carolina on the kill with the old "...it's dumped out and Carolina will have four fresh players to kill the rest..."

Hockey players always seem to defy the announcers so boom. Ward blows it and game is over. ;)

Fun series and the final should go at least six as well.

The Players can't hear the announcers.

I don't want to speak for Sagard, but I'm pretty sure he knows that. Think, "tongue in cheek", think, "knock on wood", think, "you just cost him a no-hitter"....

Yes, I should have put one of these in my post >> :D

Or maybe one of these >> ;)

Or :D

:lol: