SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw. She ain't over until Greene brings the Cup to the finest Sioux restaurant in all of the world sometime around late August.

Rollie was nothing special. Edmonton's strengths lie in places other than between the pipes. They'll give us seven games (it's in OLN's contract), and the Oilers will return the Cup to north of the border for a long overdue change.

the finest Sioux restaurant...what place is that?

Never make light of an injury, but look at it this way for Roloson:

Would he rather: A) Give it his all and get hurt working for a winning team playing for the Cup

or B) Give it his all and stay healthy but play for a sucky team whose only playing hockey if you count XBox360, PS2, or some other gaming device.

I'd rather be with a winner than be with a crappy team like the Mild.

EDIT: Trust me, if you asked him "Which team would you rather be on right now, even considering your injury?" He'd say Edmonton 1000 times out of 1000 times asked.

Never make light of an injury, but look at it this way for Roloson:

Would he rather: A) Give it his all and get hurt working for a winning team playing for the Cup

or B) Give it his all and stay healthy but play for a sucky team whose only playing hockey if you count XBox360, PS2, or some other gaming device.

I'd rather be with a winner than be with a crappy team like the Mild.

I agree. The worst part of it is that the Carolina player had lost the puck, and Roloston had made the save before Bergeron pushed him into Roloston. Granted, play at that speed pretty much made it unavoidable, but it's sad to see it happen when it didn't save a goal.

Commodore on fire already tonight........Only in the dirty South would the home arena sound off the horn when the visiting team scores.......Edmonton 1-0

Actually it's OLN that does that, not the arena. I guess they are changing there name to Versus next year.

I think Roloson going down pretty much seals the series for Carolina, Rolo was back stopping the Oilers and bailing them out. They are toast now. Just my HMO.

I think it will be whichever team plays the hardest, soundest, and most consistent game, game in and game out, that will win.

Look at Buffalo vs Carolina. At times, I thought Buffalo was far superior. They lost. Look at Detroit vs Edmonton. Surely Detroit could have handled Edmonton? Nope. The Oilers played consistent and sound hockey and beat the Wings. That's how it works.

I think Carolina will win, but I don't think Roli will be the sole reason why.

:D Holy Oil Slick Batman! 15:48 left in the 3rd, Canes up 5-0. Are they gonna take this in 4 games?

EDIT: 9:45 pm Looks like it may go that way.

Not looking good for Edmonton at this point, though I don't know if anyone expected differently when Rollie the Goalie went down. John Davidson gave Matt Greene the nickname, "Mean Matt Greene" tonight. It was rather amusing. He commented how Greene is mean back there. On his next shift, Matt took a crosschecking penalty, and Davidson comments, "And now Mean Matt Greene is in the box for crosschecking." When the penalty expired, Matt had somewhat of a breakaway, but hit the side of the net. Nice to see him getting some good exposure.

Did anybody just see the singing of the 2 National Anthems? A Canadian opera singer sang the American Natinal Anthem first. They showed the crowd and there were people in Oiler jerseys singing along. He sang O Canada second and held the mic up after singing just a few sentences andthe crown took over. They sang LOUD and with PASSION. Too bad that doesnt happen at the Ralph. I'd rather see the crowd singing than somebody with a mic.

WOW! Oilers scored at 2:31 of the 1st.

Did anybody just see the singing of the 2 National Anthems? A Canadian opera singer sang the American Natinal Anthem first. They showed the crowd and there were people in Oiler jerseys singing along. He sang O Canada second and held the mic up after singing just a few sentences andthe crown took over. They sang LOUD and with PASSION. Too bad that doesnt happen at the Ralph. I'd rather see the crowd singing than somebody with a mic.

It was great to see the patriotism. Same thing happened the World Finals of "Odyssey of the Mind" competition in Iowa this year, which is a competition for grade school kids to display their creativity. They played a short portion of the national anthems from all the countries involved. When it came to the US, the majority of 10,000 people, with the majority of them being grade school kids, sang the entire Star Spangled Banner. Awesome sight to see kids with that much patriotism.

He "passes the mic" to the fans quite often. I saw a video from earlier in the playoffs with the same thing....gives me chills. I was in Canada last weekend and at a graduation. The entire audience sang O Canada in French without a lead singer to kick it off. It was really neat.

GO OILERS!!!