SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

he looked happy to have gotten it back though when they showed him on tv. I would have thought that he would have wanted to warm it up first unless they got it before it got too cold.

:) I wish I had sprung for the 49 dollar package just to have seen that!!! :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hale got the second assist on NJ's second goal. The game is on OLN.

Just a little anecdote. A co-workers son wanted ZPar and Hales autograph when they were here for the Regionals. ZPar left without signing it so Hale took the kid's NJ jersey back to Jersey to get Zach's autograph for him. He mailed it back. The entire team had signed it!! That made one six year old very happy.

Nice guy!! :D

Just a little anecdote. A co-workers son wanted ZPar and Hales autograph when they were here for the Regionals. ZPar left without signing it so Hale took the kid's NJ jersey back to Jersey to get Zach's autograph for him. He mailed it back. The entire team had signed it!! That made one six year old very happy.

Nice guy!! :D

Thats awesome! How cool for a 6 year old!! ;)

Thats awesome! How cool for a 6 year old!! ;)

Not unusual for Hale. I was at the Princeton game in 2002 and saw something similar. Following the game as the players were coming off the ice, a kid around 8 years old held out a sharpie for Hale to sign his Sioux jersey. Not only did Hale sign it, but he took the jersey (right off the kids back) down to the locker room for the entire team to sign. Very excited kid.

greene just called for his 3rd penalty...hope this one doesnt help break the 2-2 tie in the 3rd...

3-2 wings.....another edm penalty was taken making it 5 on 3. detroit does a nba move and use a illegal pick and get away with it and score...

I am a wings fan, but have to agree that Lidstrom got a big break on that no call. I think Lidstrom and Schneider messed up Spacek (I think) as to who to stay with, and maybe the ref thought he got twisted up because of the confusion. It's really the only reason not to call the blatant pick, because Lidstrom definately made contact with him. Then Nicky gets open and blasts home a one-timer for the tie-breaker.

I REALLY hope that's not the last playoff game for Greener this year. He deserves more than one bad game. The refs were really not on in that game anyway, and were calling a lot of ticky tacky crap. They even had the Oiler fans throwing stuff on the ice by the end.

I am a wings fan, but have to agree that Lidstrom got a big break on that no call. I think Lidstrom and Schneider messed up Spacek (I think) as to who to stay with, and maybe the ref thought he got twisted up because of the confusion. It's really the only reason not to call the blatant pick, because Lidstrom definately made contact with him. Then Nicky gets open and blasts home a one-timer for the tie-breaker.

I REALLY hope that's not the last playoff game for Greener this year. He deserves more than one bad game. The refs were really not on in that game anyway, and were calling a lot of ticky tacky crap. They even had the Oiler fans throwing stuff on the ice by the end.

Agreed on all accounts, save the lidstrom thing (as I didn't see that part due to having to leave the location that had OLN for my crappy apartment before it happened).

Greene deserves another shot.

And the refs sucked. The Oiler's first goal happened after they should have been called for tripping. The Wings' first goal happened after Holmstrom should have been called for slashing. The commentators stated all the players wanted was consistency. Well, they got it. The refs consistently sucked.