SiouxSports.com Forum

Error

Bleed Green

I tried to change how the time is displayed on the posts to Central time and got an error saying that it was a possible hacking attemp ;)

Is this just a glitch or is there a trick to changing the time displayed??

Not trying to hack the system :0

Huh -- that's definitely a glitch. I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out.

• 20 years later...
36 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Clearly, the Huskies realized the strategic importance of Siouxsports.com to UND hockey success, and hired the Chinese to bring it down.  Better luck next time. 

Dare I say we popped their balloon? 

• Upvote 4

• 4 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 10:29 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Is there a website glitch cause the twitter/social media section of the main page to not update? I've noticed the same tweets up there for a while; looks like something isn't updating.

Yeah, among its many changes lately, Twitter decided to effectively cut off third parties from being able to automatically integrate Tweets into other pages. Instagram had made similar changes many years ago, so that social media page hasn't been what it was originally designed to be in many years, but I just never pulled the plug because it still usefully aggregated Tweets. Now that that's not a thing anymore, I'll formally pull the plug on it.

2 hours ago, jimdahl said:

Yeah, among its many changes lately, Twitter decided to effectively cut off third parties from being able to automatically integrate Tweets into other pages. Instagram had made similar changes many years ago, so that social media page hasn't been what it was originally designed to be in many years, but I just never pulled the plug because it still usefully aggregated Tweets. Now that that's not a thing anymore, I'll formally pull the plug on it.

Bummer, that was always a nice notification system.

• Upvote 1

From my perspective that's a mistake by Twitter. I liked the central focused aggregator. 

From their perspective the aggregator wouldn't bring in ads to places like this. Now you're forced to use their app (and scroll past ads). I can see their point but I don't have to like it. 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

From my perspective that's a mistake by Twitter. I liked the central focused aggregator. 

From their perspective the aggregator wouldn't bring in ads to places like this. Now you're forced to use their app (and scroll past ads). I can see their point but I don't have to like it. 

Screw Twitter, it's a sinking ship anyway.

• 6 months later...

It looks like there is an error in the NCHC standings. The site shows St. Cloud with 28 points while the NCHC web site shows them with 30 points. I believe they have two shoot out wins, could that be the missing two points?

23 hours ago, rochsioux said:

It looks like there is an error in the NCHC standings. The site shows St. Cloud with 28 points while the NCHC web site shows them with 30 points. I believe they have two shoot out wins, could that be the missing two points?

Thanks, ever since collegehockeystats went offline, it's really hard to get accurate automated data on those edge cases. It seems very likely your guess is right, but I'll try to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

The most accurate souce seems to be: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/standings.php 

They only track RW(3) RL(0) OW(2) OL(1).
From NCHC points perspective an OW or OL can happen in OT or SO.  

Only the NCAA (PWR) cares if the OW happened in OT or SO. 
NCAA: OT OW is W; SO OW is tie .