SiouxSports.com Forum

I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR RYAN P

Driveforshow

Guys like RP and Bochenski are scorers and there will be a place in the league for them. I'd take beer bets he has 50 NHL goals in five years. With the Flyers aggressively pursueing him, he will no doubt get a shot which seems like it is at least half the battle.

With all due respect to Brandon Bochenski, Ottawa got a little tired of his bad skating and felt it best to trade him. Potulny will get his shot, like a lot of others, but I'm not convinced he's the next big thing in the NHL.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the USCHO message board, KFAN is reporting that Danny Irmen is gone as well. Stay tuned.

So much for the jersey pull :lol: Let's hope the Sioux can finish the job and get the last laugh on both of these guys. Regardless of what happens both of these guys had terrible endings to their college careers. I don't mind Potulny as much but I couldn't stand Irmen.

With all due respect to Brandon Bochenski, Ottawa got a little tired of his bad skating and felt it best to trade him. Potulny will get his shot, like a lot of others, but I'm not convinced he's the next big thing in the NHL.

And here I thought it was because they didn't have a roster spot for him now that they got PEaves in the NHL... :lol:

He doesn't necessearily have to be the next big thing to stay up in the NHL. :lol: But good to see so many wishing him well. ;)

Specifics it looks like they aren't winners at every level. :lol:;)

We will never know if they would be winners at every level because apparently they are too far ahead of the college game to stay and toy with the likes of the Fighting Sue. I wish all the best to Ryan and Danny, and if there place is elsewhere then, as tough as it is to swallow, they've got my support. The news of these two leaving must be music to your ears. I mean, look what kind of damage they did against the Sue!

P.S.- I know the Gophers lost to Holy Cross, and did not advance to the Frozen Four.

So much for the jersey pull :lol: Let's hope the Sioux can finish the job and get the last laugh on both of these guys. Regardless of what happens both of these guys had terrible endings to their college careers. I don't mind Potulny as much but I couldn't stand Irmen.

Too bad North Dakota doesn't get a pro team, I'd love to see the jersey pull when the Wild mop up the ice with them.

Hes not even in the top 3 for Hobey thats pretty suprising!!!

Not really, the award is for all around student atheletes and while Ryan had an outstanding Hockey season, he was not much of a student. 2.4 in a mediocre major. Not surprising that all 3 finalists were good students.

Not really, the award is for all around student atheletes and while Ryan had an outstanding Hockey season, he was not much of a student. 2.4 in a mediocre major. Not surprising that all 3 finalists were good students.

until i see past hobey baker award winners GPA i will believe this, until then i say it goes to the best college hockey player...they might say its grades and hockey but i say thats complete bullshi$

so if panzer would have had a better GPA than ryan miller he would have won...damn :lol:

To fish? :lol:

Maybe that would make the Red Wings break a sweat after playing the Wild. Right now, I don't see what else the Red Wings would do to stay fit. Beating the Wild is only a what... 20 minute work out with a 20 minute warm up and 20 minute cool down? Hell, I've probably broken more of a sweat walking on a treadmill for 15 minutes! ;)

Seriously, Minnesota pro teams don't have the ownership or the front office to be considered competitive in any capacity (and I include Wilf in this ONLY because we haven't had a full season for him to prove himself. We'll know more about him about this time in 2007). Seriously, Minnesota has only two teams that can be considered genuinely talented teams: The Gopher men's and the Gopher women's hockey teams. Otherwise, you'd have to leave the state in order to find a team that's worth a damn.

Hey Rushmore88, I like your signature line (as posted below):

Go Gophers!

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers' record against UND at the new Ralph Engelstad Arena: 6-3

I think you need to tweak it a bit, though. How about something like this?

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers' record against Holy Cross at the new REA: 0-1

Go Gophers!

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers' record against UND at the new Ralph Engelstad Arena: 6-3

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers' record against Holy Cross at the new REA: 0-1

:lol:

Go Gophers!

Or

We only come to play when the game means something..

We'll see. My guess is a few games with the Flyers, then a nice career with the Phantoms.

I have serious doubts that Potulny will see any playing time this season unless he totally lights it up and impresses the staff in practices. Flyers are neck deep in centers, therefore, there is zero chance he will play center either this year or next year for that matter.

No doubt they will convert him to the wing position. If he is going to play at all it is going to be on the 4th line which currently consists of Donald Brashear, Mike Richards and Brian Savage. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing him play over Brian Savage but Hitch has been playing Savage all season long (for some reason unknown to every Flyers fan out there) thus, I don't believe Flyers fans will be seeing RP in the orange/black any time soon. Possible, but unlikely.

Here is another extremely odd footnote: word around the campfire is that under the current CBA rules Potulny has two options for the remainder of the season: to play for the Flyers or sit and watch. For some strange reason he cannot play in the AHL this year....got something to do with signing before/after the trade deadline.....makes no sense at all but it seems to be the rule.

Actually if you listen to Sid Hartman, he called UND a pro team a few years back after the Sioux had dismantled the Goofers.

Was that right after he said that DII schools such as UND and SCSU have an unfair advantage over Minnesota? :lol: