SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

I like this list if it's NCAA title chances, but as far as the WCHA title goes UM/DU/UW have to be considered far more likely than UND. It's simply a numbers game. By being stuck in the playin game a teams chances are theoretically cut in half. Realistically I think it's probably far worse.

I agree. If UND and CC make the Final Five they will have played a much tougher first round opponent and then have to play each other while the other three teams rest. I think either of the teams in the play-in game would be excited to simply win their semifinal game against Minnesota in front of the normal pro-Gopher crowd.

I think the team that is at risk is Wisconsin. They were badly outshot again this weekend by St. Cloud and were luckyto get two wins. If they end up playing Denver they could get beat very easily.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic has been an ongoing debate on GPL... what do you guys forsee happening? Let's say that UND somehow drop to a #4 seed, and Minnesota remains the overall #1. Since they are technically closer to Green Bay than Grand Forks (by about 30 miles I believe), and Mich Tech is hosting the GB regional, should the Gophs be sent to GB and Wisco shipped out east? In my opinion, it only seems fair; I understand the NCAA is concerned about ticket sales, but does not #1 overall team deserve to travel across the country while less deserving teams stay at or close to home?

Minnesota will go to Green Bay if the Sioux are a #4 seed, period. First round intra-conference matchups are avoided at all costs. Sending Miami or Wisconsin to UND would happen first. Yes, the #1 overall deserves to travel across the country if it means a weaker schedule which they deserve.

Hypothetical, but what happens if Wisco gets swept by Tech? Do they drop enough that they become a 2 seed? Does that then mean that MN gets sent to Green Bay, because it's closer? That could give UND a home-ice regional with most likely the easiest trip to the Frozen Four.

edit: i guess wisco doesn't have to drop to a 2 seed. they could get sent west too, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world assuming elliott plays like he did vs makato.

I think that moving UM out of Grand Forks is best for both teams because right now I would have to say that they are the best 2 teams in the nation. Therefore I think it would be sad to have 1 of them not make the frozen 4. Right now I would say the top four teams in the nation in order are:

1) Minnesota

2) UND

3) Denver

4) Boston University

I'm not afraid of Minnesota, but I would like to see the teams meet for a championship.

EDIT: How would you like to be a 2 seed and earn the right to play UND at the Ralph? I can see Cornell crying now...

EDIT: How would you like to be a 2 seed and earn the right to play UND at the Ralph? I can see Cornell crying now...

screw the teams from out east, let's hope that they all wine and cry again this offseason because none of them made it the the frozen four....again....because none of them would finish in the top 6 of the WCHA

Does anyone know what the face value is for the Frozen four tickets? Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to negotaite a deal to buy some.

The NCAA wanted $600 for four tickets. I lost, and they returned it to me.

Ticket packages are $150 face.

Let me know if I can get any anywhere for that price.

Of course, wait a few weeks and Gopher fans will be dumping theirs in droves,

rather than bear the shame of sitting at the Bradley amongst Sioux and Badger fans.

I think that moving UM out of Grand Forks is best for both teams because right now I would have to say that they are the best 2 teams in the nation. Therefore I think it would be sad to have 1 of them not make the frozen 4. Right now I would say the top four teams in the nation in order are:

1) Minnesota

2) UND

3) Denver

4) Boston University

I'm not afraid of Minnesota, but I would like to see the teams meet for a championship.

The fourth-place team in the WCHA is the second-best team in the country? That makes sense. You do realize the Michigan Tech team UND swept is from 2006 and not 1976, right?

The fourth-place team in the WCHA is the second-best team in the country? That makes sense. You do realize the Michigan Tech team UND swept is from 2006 and not 1976, right?

Maybe you don't remember that the Gofarts couldn't sweep Tech when they played them, not that long ago.

Enjoy your first place ranking now, cause the 3/25/2006 version of the Fighting Sioux are gonna some goopher a$$ all over Englestad Arena, and end your season. I'll bet March 26 you won't be showing up here.

Enjoy your first place ranking now, cause the 3/25/2006 version of the Fighting Sioux are gonna some goopher a$$ all over Englestad Arena, and end your season. I'll bet March 26 you won't be showing up here.

I think the matchup is going to be two weeks later than you project and hopefully with a different result.

The NCAA wanted $600 for four tickets. I lost, and they returned it to me.

Ticket packages are $150 face.

Let me know if I can get any anywhere for that price.

Of course, wait a few weeks and Gopher fans will be dumping theirs in droves,

rather than bear the shame of sitting at the Bradley amongst Sioux and Badger fans.

Thanks for the information. I received an e-mail via a USCHO posting that I made where the gentlemen wanted $ ;) 300 for two tickets for the package. Sounds like a good deal to me.....

It would be great to get the gophers on home ice, but it would be better, if both keep winning, to meet in the frozen four.

While the gophers are playing great and are the favorite, they would have to be a bit nervous of playing the Sioux at the ralph. It may be homerish, but I think the SIoux are playing like a top 4 team and have the talent of a top four team. The Sioux are one of the few teams that can match the gophers if they are playing well. I'd sure hate to go out in the regional to the gophers in a hard fought game. With the potential of these two teams having incredible teams next year I'd like to meet them in the frozen four to amp of the rivalry some more.

Once again, the final five will probably be the best tournment of the year.

We'll just have to see. I would prefer not to have to face UND on their home ice, especially since they appear to be playing much better right now, but if that's the case, the Gophers will be ready. Would be one helluva hockey game.

The snarl isn't meant for you RM88, it's one of those "if the shoe fits wear it posts", and you seem like a decent enough guy. You have to admit however, if you guys had to choose a regional, this one would be your last choice. I wouldn't want to play the goophs in minny at a regional.

;) You mean the Sioux beat the Gophers in a close one?

You got me. It will probably be 4-2. :lol:

I really want the Gophs to avoid the REA. They certainly could win there again, but it would not be the path of least resistance by any stretch.

If the Gophers do as well or better than UW at the X they will get the number one overall. Then I think the Sioux would need to finish either #8 or #9 overall to get the Gophers in the second round.

The main thing many fans don't realize is the Sioux are truly better than their current PWR would indicate. The Sioux TUC record includes 12 games vs. the top seven RPI teams. Just about every CCHA team is racking up games against five CCHA TUCs in the 17-27 range and in my opinion they just don't compare.

Man, I just don't see all this trash-talking. Yes, the Sioux are playing well right now, but just a little over a week ago they piddled one down their legs in Denver. Watching them sweep Tech made for a fun weekend, but this team's work is not by a far stretch done. Mankato will be tough. And the planets really have to be lined up pretty precisely to avoid the Gophers in the Regional Finals.

I hope the Sioux continue to play well. If they come out flat or tight like they did both nights last weekend, Mankato could throw a real wrench into everyone's plans for the rest of March. Tech is a tough, scrappy little team, but they are not a good indication of what UND will face from here on out. I'm cautiously optimistic; cautious being the key word.