SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

I don't think they can catch Alabama at this stage of the game though - we'll see I guess.

That's ok. If I were a #1 seed, I wouldn't want to face BSU anyways. If Alabama comes to town, you HAVE to like your chances. I mean, it's like the Holy Cross vs UND matchup a few years back or the Mercyhurst vs. Minnesota matchup back in 2002 I think...

No #1 leaves the arena after the game is over with less than a 3 goal lead. Could you imagine Minnesota vs UAH? I'd project at least a 6-1 final score with 10 minutes of the third period spent just playing keep away.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok. If I were a #1 seed, I wouldn't want to face BSU anyways. If Alabama comes to town, you HAVE to like your chances. I mean, it's like the Holy Cross vs UND matchup a few years back or the Mercyhurst vs. Minnesota matchup back in 2002 I think...

No #1 leaves the arena after the game is over with less than a 3 goal lead. Could you imagine Minnesota vs UAH? I'd project at least a 6-1 final score with 10 minutes of the third period spent just playing keep away.

they dont have to catch alabama hunstville... they just have to beat them in one game (the CHA championship game.) Neither UAH or Bemidji will get into the NCAA's by their record, they have to do it by winning the CHA Tournament. If history is any indication as to who that will be, I'd like to see Bemidji come to the Ralph. I consider them the UND of the CHA.

I want nothing to do with Minnesota at REA. If for some reason the Sioux don't make the tourney the last thing I want to see is the Gophers win the regional on our ice.

If the Sioux do make the tourney I would like the easiest path possible to the frozen four. At much as this pains me to say, the Gophers are the best opposing team I have seen this year...puke, barf...gotta go shower now.

I'm not afraid of playing the Gophers again, just would prefer that when it happens, it is in the frozen four championship. I think their goaltending is still suspect and in a big game like this against the Sioux I think the Sioux would win.

Right now I would settle for any matchup since the Sioux still have to make the NCAA tourney.

I'm not afraid of playing the Gophers again, just would prefer that when it happens, it is in the frozen four championship. I think their goaltending is still suspect and in a big game like this against the Sioux I think the Sioux would win.

Any Sioux fan that would prefer to play the Gophers on a neutral site in Milwaukee rather than at the Ralph is crazy. As a Gopher fan, I would welcome a game between the two in Milwaukee. It's the possible match-up in Grand Forks that I want to avoid. I think the gophers are the better team but playing at the Ralph would even things out.

Love to see the Gofers season ended in REA then listen to the UM Rubes whine about home ice advantage...and remember, the Xcel is not home ice no matter how many UM fans show up...:D

liek how the Sioux Rubes whined when the Regional was at Mariucci? :silly:;)

W

Any Sioux fan that would prefer to play the Gophers on a neutral site in Milwaukee rather than at the Ralph is crazy. As a Gopher fan, I would welcome a game between the two in Milwaukee. It's the possible match-up in Grand Forks that I want to avoid. I think the gophers are the better team but playing at the Ralph would even things out.

i think the reason some say that they want the gophs in the frozen 4 championship is because it would be fricken sweet. theres no need to list any reasons as it speaks for itself. i would love to play the gophs at the ralph for the simple reason is that it our home rink like you state bucky...other than that the next best thing would to have a sioux/gophers championship game!!

i think the reason some say that they want the gophs in the frozen 4 championship is because it would be fricken sweet. theres no need to list any reasons as it speaks for itself. i would love to play the gophs at the ralph for the simple reason is that it our home rink like you state bucky...other than that the next best thing would to have a sioux/gophers championship game!!

Naw - have them and all their fans go home after the Thursday Game - that was the best.

+++

:silly:;) that was won of the best things about that win, walking to the beer tent listening to gopher fans planning a early trip back to the cities :D

hey, but on a positive note for the gopher fans after that loss at least they could get a gophers frozen 4 hat or shirt for half price ;)

I think that they'll try to seed a couple of WCHA teams in the same region so that the All WCHA Final does not happen again this year... I think it really grated on the EZHA to not be represented last year. Not many of their fans showed up in Columbus.

:silly:;) that was won of the best things about that win, walking to the beer tent listening to gopher fans planning a early trip back to the cities :D

hey, but on a positive note for the gopher fans after that loss at least they could get a gophers frozen 4 hat or shirt for half price ;)

Didn't your season end two days later at the hands of a conference rival? I'm pretty sure it did because I stayed in Columbus for that game and I remember Denver winning. That was the best. ;)

1979>2005

Didn't your season end two days later at the hands of a conference rival? I'm pretty sure it did because I stayed in Columbus for that game and I remember Denver winning. That was the best. ;)

1979>2005

You couldn't have been there.....I was there and the UofM section was empty for the championship game, because instead of supporting the WCHA conference and having that arena rocking, all of their fans were licking their wounds and being cry-babies.

Didn't your season end two days later at the hands of a conference rival? I'm pretty sure it did because I stayed in Columbus for that game and I remember Denver winning. That was the best. :D

1979>2005

of course it did, thats great that you got to watch that game as irmen and the boys were on a plane back to the twin cities. had to be a great feeling for you knowing we kicked the crap out of you guys in every way possible 2 days before ;)

liek how the Sioux Rubes whined when the Regional was at Mariucci? :blink::lol:

W

I believe Mariucci Arena has now hosted three regional tournaments. In 2000, the Sioux were there and Minnesota was not. In 2003, both teams were there, but the Sioux were defeated by Ferris State and didn't play Minnesota. Last season, Goldy had Cornell, Ohio State, and Maine to contend with while the Sioux were out east.

Frankly, I've spent more time whining about that '98 regional in Ann Arbor than any regional in Minneapolis.

I'm going out on a limb here and making some predictions:

March 3rd:

Minnesota sweeps Duluth

Denver and CC split

Wisconsin and St. Cloud split

We sweep Tech

Final standings

Minnesota

Denver

Wisconsin

CC

UND

St. Cloud

Mankato

Tech

Duluth

UAA

First round of playoffs

Minnesota sweeps UAA

Denver sweeps Duluth

Wisconsin takes 3 games to beat Tech

Mankato upsets CC

We sweep St. Cloud

Final Five:

Play-in game we beat Mankato

Friday Afternoon game: Denver beats Wisconsin

Evening game: Briggs sucks and we beat Minnesota (oh and Smaby cleanly checks Irmen and he gets hurt again.

3rd place game; Minnesota beats Wisconsin

Championship game; Denver beats us (3 games in 3 days takes it's toll)

WCHA gets 5 teams in again: Minnesota(1), Wisconsin(1), CC (2), Denver (3), UND (3)

We end up a Number 3 seed and play some crappy CCHA team at the REA probably UNO. Unfortuantely Minnesota also is there and gets to mop up on a AHA team. Then we get Minnesota to go to the Frozen Four.

That's where I stop.

I know I'm looking through green colored glasses but what the heck.

I'd love it of UND could get another crack at an AHA team in the NCAAs. Nothing like a cupcake to start things out.... unless it's 2003 over again. :blink:

I'm going to amend this to add CHA to the list of cupcakes, if the CHA representative IS NOT Bemidji State. IMO, BSU is the only decent team in the CHA.

I'd love it of UND could get another crack at an AHA team in the NCAAs. Nothing like a cupcake to start things out.... unless it's 2003 over again. :lol:

I'm going to amend this to add CHA to the list of cupcakes, if the CHA representative IS NOT Bemidji State. IMO, BSU is the only decent team in the CHA.

UND will indeed get a CHA team. In the 2nd round. :blink::lol:

I'm going out on a limb here and making some predictions:

March 3rd:

Minnesota sweeps Duluth

Denver and CC split

Wisconsin and St. Cloud split

We sweep Tech

Final standings

Minnesota

Denver

Wisconsin

CC

UND

St. Cloud

Mankato

Tech

Duluth

UAA

First round of playoffs

Minnesota sweeps UAA

Denver sweeps Duluth

Wisconsin takes 3 games to beat Tech

Mankato upsets CC

We sweep St. Cloud

Final Five:

Play-in game we beat Mankato

Friday Afternoon game: Denver beats Wisconsin

Evening game: Briggs sucks and we beat Minnesota (oh and Smaby cleanly checks Irmen and he gets hurt again.

3rd place game; Minnesota beats Wisconsin

Championship game; Denver beats us (3 games in 3 days takes it's toll)

WCHA gets 5 teams in again: Minnesota(1), Wisconsin(1), CC (2), Denver (3), UND (3)

We end up a Number 3 seed and play some crappy CCHA team at the REA probably UNO. Unfortuantely Minnesota also is there and gets to mop up on a AHA team. Then we get Minnesota to go to the Frozen Four.

That's where I stop.

I know I'm looking through green colored glasses but what the heck.

That be great if all this happens but a #3 seed after all that. If the Sioux make it to the Final Five Championship game there is no way they are a #3 seed. That would definitely make them a #2 seed.

March 3-4

Minnesota and Duluth split

Denver and CC split

Wisconsin and StCloud split

North Dakota and Tech split

final standings

MINNESOTA

DENVER

WISCONSIN

CC

ST CLOUD

SIOUX

MANKATO

MICH TECH

UMD

ALASKA

first round of playoffs

MINNESOTA wins over ALASKA by a sweep

DENVER wins over UMD by a sweep

WISCONSIN wins over MICH TECH by a sweep

CC wins over MANKATO in 3 games

NORTH DAKOTA wins in 3 games over ST CLOUD

Final 5

play in game CC beats the SIOUX

Friday afternoon game WISCONSIN beats DENVER

Friday evening game MINNESOTA beats CC

3rd place game CC beats DENVER

Championship game WISCONSIN beats MINNESOTA

NCAAs selections WCHA gets 5 teams in the MINNESOTA,1 WISCONSIN,1 CC,2 SIOUX,4 DENVER,4

SIOUX are a 4th seed and play at the Ralph while Minnesota goes to Green Bay as a # 1 seed and WISCONSIN gets placed in the Ralph because of the seeding a 1 seed can't play a 4 seed in the first round when they are both from the same confrence and the home school is MICH TECH and not WISCONSIN also Green Bay is closer then the Ralph for MINNEOTA.... now hows that for some sound perdictions.... hahahaha