SiouxSports.com Forum

Retaliation? or cheap shot?

southpaw

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya didn't get it right!!! I said wearing nothing but a jock strap or bikini underwear, skates and a smile!! I don't want to see a drag queen for cimminy sakes!!! :blink:

I would assume that those heals would be difficult to negotiate on the ice.

Bingo! - The way this is going, we are going to need a party area at the game (sounds something like a suite, doesn't it)

I called. No suites are available. But what a good idea!! We should consider getting a suite one Saturday night next season. If enough SS.com members want one, it shouldn't be too expensive?!

But it would have to be a game that doesn't require constant vigilance, i.e. any WCHA game. Hmm, maybe we should all meet sometime a Dagwoods.

I called. No suites are available. But what a good idea!! We should consider getting a suite one Saturday night next season. If enough SS.com members want one, it shouldn't be too expensive?!

We did it twice this year.....great fun!

Ima win the one for the 25th in the Herald contest.

Muhahahaha!

But it would have to be a game that doesn't require constant vigilance, i.e. any WCHA game. Hmm, maybe we should all meet sometime a Dagwoods.

I'd be interested...in the meantime, perhaps people heading to or living in the Twin Cities area could meet for the Final Five?

I'd be interested...in the meantime, perhaps people heading to or living in the Twin Cities area could meet for the Final Five?

PCM mentioned that to me sometime ago. I think that's a great idea. Problem is with planning when and where. I know the Alumni Association has put together a lunch the past couple of years. What's nice about that is not trying to find space for a larger (>4) people in a place near the arena that's not crowed.

PCM mentioned that to me sometime ago. I think that's a great idea. Problem is with planning when and where. I know the Alumni Association has put together a lunch the past couple of years. What's nice about that is not trying to find space for a larger (>4) people in a place near the arena that's not crowed.

Assuming people got downtown early enough, I have two suggestions for time/location:

Before the 7:35 pm play-in game at Wild Tymes. Obviously, Gopher fans have little interest in the Thursday night game this year and this game always has plenty of seats available. Given the scenario that the Sioux could easily be in this game, sometime between 5-6:30 would be good.

Before the 2:35 pm 3rd place game on Saturday, also at Wild Tymes. You avoid the monster rush Friday for the St Patrick's Day parade in St Paul and the between-games crowd waiting for the 7:35 pm championship Saturday night.

[if enough SS.com members want one, it shouldn't be too expensive?!

IS that before or after the bar tab?

It is. Nothing is free, you pay for anything you want to eat or drink. They have a fairly good menu, it ranges from chicken wings, meatballs, and pizza all the way up to extravagant, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

just be prepared to spend....

So, like 4 cases of beer for a small suite, and 8 for a large, I have a feeling that wouldnt' be much for this crew.

After that's gone they're only $2.50......that's what you pay at a bar, and much better than the $5 you pay for a 16 oz beer anywhere else in the Arena.

I laughed when I saw the glass bottles the first time I was up there.....like.....ha ha they trust me with glass.

Good point! I believe the suites come with a stocked bar. I'll call and get more info. If enough people express interest, I don't mind being the person to pull it all together.

Pencil in two spots for me and Mrs. Siouxman. Sounds like fun! :blink:

It is. Nothing is free, you pay for anything you want to eat or drink. They have a fairly good menu, it ranges from chicken wings, meatballs, and pizza all the way up to extravagant, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

Downloadable pdf of all the prices for stuff in the suites. $295 prime rib looks to be the top priced item. $60 for cases of Leinie.

Don't have too much fun, the suite level, imo, is the best place in the arena from which to watch the game.