SiouxSports.com Forum

Retaliation? or cheap shot?

southpaw

Ya see, it's ironic that you would bring up Fonzie. He proved himself as a youth and after that nobody f***** with him. He got all the space he needed.

This thread has gotten nasty, but thanks for this very clever post. Still laughing.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about? Hiding? Who is hiding? Secondly, what Punk did to R.B. was far closer to Bertuzzi taking out Steve Moore than what Prpich did to Punk.

I'm talking about what would apparently appease some of the gladiators on this board: Prpich or somebody from UND retaliating once and for all against Paukovich. Is that what you wanted to see last weekend?

I didn't mean hiding literally. But, seriously, how would anyone have a clue who you are? Maybe you're the guy sitting next to another person on the board at a Sioux game? It's easy to fire off venom when the only thing anyone might be able to find out about you is an IP address. Maybe if a player, another fan, or even a Sioux coach recognized you every day by walking by you on campus, some people here would think twice about their posts.

The message is this: We are team and we are going to stand up for one another.

And just so you know, I have absolutely no problem with that. I was happy to see the Sioux stand up for each other against MS-Mankato. But fighting out of a sense of team unity and fighting to extract a measure of revenge are two very different things.

I didn't mean hiding literally. But, seriously, how would anyone have a clue who you are? Maybe you're the guy sitting next to another person on the board at a Sioux game? It's easy to fire off venom when the only thing anyone might be able to find out about you is an IP address. Maybe if a player, another fan, or even a Sioux coach recognized you every day by walking by you on campus, some people here would think twice about their posts.

Section 104. Row I. I wear Flyers gear to every single UND game. I'm probably the easiest guy to find in the whole rink. Not hiding from anything. Plus, I have given my location. Come there, ask around and you'd find me in about 5 minutes.

Feel free to stop by an buy me a beer.

Section 104. Row I. I wear Flyers gear to every single UND game. I'm probably the easiest guy to find in the whole rink. Not hiding from anything. Plus, I have given my location. Come there, ask around and you'd find me in about 5 minutes.

Feel free to stop by an buy me a beer.

LOL...we're on the same team, NDFlyer. There is a slight chance I'll be driving up from Mpls for Saturday's game against Michigan Tech. If I make it up, I'll stop on down.

Are you going to be at the Final Five?

Flyers gear? You mean your leather bomber jacket and goggles?

My posted about "you" wasn't directed at you. It's about any fan on the board.

Incredible. Truly incredible. I never thought I would eveer see Sioux hockey fans feel this way.

Yeah. I'm ashamed that I don't advocate vigilantism in the form of thuggery and goonism as the ultimate solution for solving problems on the ice in college hockey. What the hell is wrong with me? :silly:

My next avatar will be that of a tattoo that I have on the back of my left shoulderblade: the old Blackhawk-style Sioux logo with the words "NORTH DAKOTA" above it in black and "FIGHTING SIOUX" below it. Feel free to continue questioning my loyalty.

A few pointers on your post, too. Feel free to add a punctuation mark now and then. It makes it so much easier for the reader. Also, there is a difference between "there," "their," and "they're." Grab a dictionary in your spare time and brush up on some word usage.

I apoligize for questioning youy loyality but you seem to get off telling people to look at different perspectives. I also apoligize for my grammar and punctuation. I guess I shouldn't post on here. One last thing I shouldn't have insulted you in the first place because I don't even know you. ;)

I'm definitely going to Friday night's game. Not yet sure about Saturday. Depends on how drunk I get on Friday.

Not sure about the Final Five. I was there last year and almost got into a brawl in the pi$$er with a fellow Flyers fan who was wearing a Brashear jersey. I was on him cuz I felt that Brashear wasn't fighting enough and the dude didn't take too kindly too it. We settled it over a couple of beers. I'm going to Philly at the end of this month for the Sens game and the Maple Leafs. That might be my hockey trip for the year unless the Flyers go deep in the playoffs.

No goggles or leather jacket, but I have just about everything else.

And just so you know, I have absolutely no problem with that. I was happy to see the Sioux stand up for each other against MS-Mankato. But fighting out of a sense of team unity and fighting to extract a measure of revenge are two very different things.

exactly...standing up for spirko in the heat of the moment and a fight ensuing is the exact opposite of 5 games later someone performing a vasectomy in the name of revenge is, in my view, bull s&!t. If any standing up for your team was to be done for that incident, it should have happened right then and there when it happened. But, as you recall, the Sioux couldn't afford to lose anyone for an extra game as it was the playoffs and there is no time for that crap that time of year, beating them and calling it number 8, which is the course the team tried to take, would have been payback enough

I don't have an avatar. Have you and dave k heard UND has a women's team, no contact hockey, you guys will love it. Seriously, the next time you run into Oshie's, or Finley's or Bina's folks, ask them how they feel.

I'll tell you how I feel. The WCHA should have reviewed tape of both UND-DU games and given both Prpich and Paukovich the game DQs they deserved. That would have been the approptiate way to handle it.

Well, it is getting warm in here, isn't it!

My take:

Prpich has probably felt for a year a need to exact some revenge on Pauchovich for the Bina hit. He now has it, so he needs to move on. Answering a cheap shot with a cheap shot is just not the way to do it. Look at how everyone feels about Bertuzzi now. He will never get rid of that bagage. Probably Pauchovich too, to a certain extent. But that doesn't mean we want to add Prpich to that list, does it?

I would have rather he dropped the gloves and just duked it out instead of the cheap shot. It does put the Sioux in a bad light. Other than that, the worst part was he wasn't given a 5 and a game for the incident, but that's not Prpich or Hakstol's fault. That responsibility belonged to the officials. I do wish the coaches would have sat him Saturday, anyway, but not my place to judge their reasons not to.

If you remember, the WCHA, after the fact, gave Pauchovich a one game suspension served in the WCHA title game, and Gwozdecky (sp?) gave him an extra game in NCAA first round on his own, a game they almost lost.

As for Pauchovich's PMs, be careful or someone will want to bring up Matt Greene's PMs and compare!

To me, you don't retaliate a cheap shot for a cheap shot. Like the Mankato series, where I thought the Sioux answered the bell for each other in a proper way, this was not something that made me proud to be a Sioux fan, but we move on.

Let's just sweep Tech and continue improving. I don't want to be sitting at the Regional watching the Gophers as the only WCHA team! That will make me ill.

I don't have an avatar. Have you and dave k heard UND has a women's team, no contact hockey, you guys will love it. Seriously, the next time you run into Oshie's, or Finley's or Bina's folks, ask them how they feel.

Do you have cable TV or dish network? WWE...you will love it.

I'm definitely going to Friday night's game. Not yet sure about Saturday. Depends on how drunk I get on Friday.

Not sure about the Final Five. I was there last year and almost got into a brawl in the pi$$er with a fellow Flyers fan who was wearing a Brashear jersey. I was on him cuz I felt that Brashear wasn't fighting enough and the dude didn't take too kindly too it.

Did you bring your club?

Mafiaman section 302 row I seat 4 stop up shake hands and I will buy you a beverage of you choice. I'am at every home game :silly:

Big hug.

That's what I like about the message boards. In the end, we're all fans of the same team, and that, in my opinion, is what counts.

One of the big problems I have is actually answering Paukovich. The guy probably had his head on a swivel every time he was on the ice because he was wondering if a Sioux player would take a shot at him. What a great way to get a guy off his game...by having him worry about getting hit or taking a cheap-shot.

Now that that cheap-shot has been delivered, it's Prpich who will skate around against Denver looking for the re-retaliatory strike.

Do you have cable TV or dish network? WWE...you will love it.

I'm already ahead of you on that one. As for finding me, I'm always at the Italain Moon before and after almost every game eating wings, cueso, and drinking beer. Stop in if you dare, I think you all would find that I'm not the snarling SOB that posts here. Hell I'd even drink a beer with slappy, if he were to show up.

I'm already ahead of you on that one. As for finding me, I'm always at the Italain Moon before and after almost every game eating wings, cueso, and drinking beer. Stop in if you dare, I think you all would find that I'm not the snarling SOB that posts here. Hell I'd even drink a beer with slappy, if he were to show up.

So let me get this straight...if I make the trip Saturday, I've got a free drink compliments of NDFlyer in the lower level, a second free drink compliments of raynman03 in section 302, and perhaps some pre-game college memories re-lived at the Italian Moon compliments of THETRIOUXPER. I'm practically gassing up my truck! :silly:

So let me get this straight...if I make the trip Saturday, I've got a free drink compliments of NDFlyer in the lower level, a second free drink compliments of raynman03 in section 302, and perhaps some pre-game college memories re-lived at the Italian Moon compliments of THETRIOUXPER. I'm practically gassing up my truck! :silly:

Heck, I might even be able to slip you a free mineral water out of the press box. Does that sweeten the deal for you? ;)

Heck, I might even be able to slip you a free mineral water out of the press box. Does that sweeten the deal for you? ;)

I'm holding out for an autographed puck for my four year old. If you can make that happen, I'll be leaving at 7:00 am Saturday morning for Grand Forks.

[/quote

Come on up bro, it'll be a great day I guarantee.

I'm holding out for an autographed puck for my four year old. If you can make that happen, I'll be leaving at 7:00 am Saturday morning for Grand Forks.

I'd be honored to autograph a puck for your 4-year-old. I'll bet he doesn't have a single puck signed by a sudo-journalist. ;)

Oh, that's not what you meant... :silly: