SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DU

AZSIOUX

UND.gif@ du.gif

should be a great weekend coming up with these 2 teams battling for a playoff spot. i expect to see jpar in net and can't wait to watch these games in denver...the sioux coming off a sweep of umd and du coming off getting swept by the rodents...im sure du is a little pissed off...play hard and get fridays game and then worry about saturday...

SIOUX

Overall: 20-13-1

WCHA: 13-11-0, 26 points

Home: 9-8-0

Away: 10-4-1

Neutral: 1-1-0

SIOUX SCORING LEADERS

Drew Stafford, F, Jr 20 16 36

Travis Zajac, F, So 11 22 33

T.J. Oshie, F, Fr 17 15 32

Rastislav Spirko, F, So 8 15 23

Jonathan Toews, F, Fr 13 8 21

Ryan Duncan, F, Fr 9 12 21

DENVER

Overall: 18-12-2

WCHA: 15-7-2, 32 points

Home: 8-5-1

Away: 10-7-1

Neutral: 0-0-0

DENVER SCORING LEADERS

Matt Carle, D, Jr 11 36 47

Paul Stastny, F, So 11 30 41

Gabe Gauthier, F, Sr 13 20 33

Ryan Dingle, F, So 20 12 32

Chris Butler, D, Fr 7 14 21

interesting there leading scorer is a Defensemen.

someone hurt paukovitch. :huh:

carle is a serious hobey baker contender, great player.

as for paukabitch, im sure he will open his stupid mouth this week if the questions arise regarding robbie bina and the whole situation. keep your head up when skating through the middle...kaip, prpich, smaby and finley should be doing some major hitting this weekend on all du players. i love watching the sioux play physical but (smart physical) :)

Anyone else notice the new wrinkle in UND's power play? When Matt Smaby was on, he'd rotate down from the point and position himself directly in front the the goalie. That's where he was when the Sioux scored their power play goal Saturday night.

After last night's game, Hakstol seemed pretty pleased that the Sioux have two power play units that are playing well together. Holding UMD 1-13 on the power play was quite an accomplishment, too.

Anyone else notice the new wrinkle in UND's power play? When Matt Smaby was on, he'd rotate down from the point and position himself directly in front the the goalie. That's where he was when the Sioux scored their power play goal Saturday night.

After last night's game, Hakstol seemed pretty pleased that the Sioux have two power play units that are playing well together. Holding UMD 1-13 on the power play was quite an accomplishment, too.

I've been thinking they should have been doing that all year long with him and Finley! Those guys are huge! Who is going to be able to move them? They would take up the attention possibly two defenders since he can't be easily moved and he is sure going to make it hard for the goalie to see the puck!

How would you like to be the player, that the coach tells to remove Smaby from the front of the net? :huh: Seems like a dangerous job...

On SMaby in front of the net:

Pro: Hard to move.

Con: Hard to draw a penalty on. Seriously, the Bulldogs did it to get a brief (17 second) 5 on 3. Put a small guy in front of the net, Smaby clears the front of the net which sends the guy flying, Smaby sits for 2 minutes for cross checking. If we put Smaby or Finley in front of the net, sure, they will make great screens, but they're not going anywhere and that means that the DU defenders can cross check at will. Ok, so this is my imagination running away with me right now, but anyways, what do you think?

IMO, I think whatever gets the job done is fine by me. I don't care if they have JPar crashing the net. As long as we do well on the PP, I don't care.

Also, I don't know if anyone notices the D-men were trying to get some shots on net. None of course went in but they were trying.

It appears as if I get the Friday game live on one of the Fox Sports channels. Not sure why. I don't ask quesitons baby... WOOOHOOOO. I'm super pumped!

On Mico net if you get the extended sports package you will probably see one or both College hockey games from Denver. I heard the second on was tape delayed. But I watched Denver both games the weekend before against MSU-M.

On Mico net if you get the extended sports package you will probably see one or both College hockey games from Denver. I heard the second on was tape delayed. But I watched Denver both games the weekend before against MSU-M.

Is that an internet broadcast? If so could you please post the link. Thanks

On Friday night, the game's on live at 8:30 our time on Fox College Sports Central. Saturday night, they're showing Wisc and Mankato and they're not showing the UND/DU game until afterwards (11pm).

Is it for sure tape-delayed on Sat? I have it live on Fri as well here, but just show the UW/MSUM game on Sat... Sure hope it is on! :huh:

On SMaby in front of the net:

Con: Hard to draw a penalty on. If we put Smaby or Finley in front of the net, sure, they will make great screens, but they're not going anywhere and that means that the DU defenders can cross check at will. Ok, so this is my imagination running away with me right now, but anyways, what do you think?

I think that I'd rather have the big body in front, because we don't draw many penalties from the other team during our PP anyways.