SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Siouxdonyms

I think the only teams the US could beat right now are not in the medal round.

Can't beat Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, or Canada.... Ok MAYBE Switzerland (Aebischer plays we win. He's a sieve).

All it takes is one bounce of the puck. You act like this is the 1980 miracle on ice team.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they then go 1-3-1 in the other games?

0-1 doesn't get you out of contention. Having 3 more losses than your win total does.

I guess they'd better let the Finns know that they are going to no-show forfeit tomorrow, pack up their things, and head back to the USA.

I guess they'd better let the Finns know that they are going to no-show forfeit tomorrow, pack up their things, and head back to the USA.

Nah. Right now they're playing for pride. I bet they show up and give it the best they got and lose 3-1. Yeah, I'll even give the US a goal. And yes, I think only one Finn goal will be 5x5

I'll make sure I'm wearing safety goggles.

Or, wait.......I'll take Robin Roberts as my weapon, I'll put $50 down that she can beat everyone on SiouxSports up.

Okay, time to take the kiddies to hockey.

Behave while yo mama is gone.

Mooooooooooooooooooooooom, Clayton Hoyt and PCM are making fun of me AGAIN! :D

;)

Looking for some info - How does the medal round play out? If Finland beats USA tomorrow, is USA out of contention for the gold medal or can they still obtain it, etc?

I guess I'm asking how the medal round is formatted.

8 teams are in, 4 from each pool. Quarterfinals are loser out, the remaining four play for the 3 medals.

Now, how in the heck are they going to prove something like that?

They'll have trouble proving it with anything short of someone pulling a "Steve Smith, from behind the net off of Grant Fuhr"* goal for the other team.

* That should really make Calgary fans ;) and Edmonton fans :D .

Does anybody know if USA Hockey has been/will be doing audio broadcasts of the games?

I can't find anything that says they will be on their website. A lot of times if they are televised, they do not do the audio broadcasts. I will do some more checking and see what I can find out.

You can follow realtime scores and even written play-by-play at www.nbcolympics.com Click on Ice Hockey on the left hand side when you see live in red, then click on Men's. Towards the right side of the screen there will be a listing of the games and whether they are in progress, final, etc. Anyway, click on In Progress and you will get a screen that gives you the score, penalties, shots on goal, etc. There will also be a link towards the top of that page that says Play-By-Play and if you click on that, you will get a typed play-by-play of the game. I know it is not the same as audio, but it is better than nothing. (Hopefully this helps and makes sense.)

Among Flyers fans Esche is known as Robert "Red Light" Esche or Mr. Rebound. He had a couple of decent playoff rounds two years ago and now he thinks he is Bernie Parent. He is an average goalie with an above average mouth. I wouldn't mind seeing him traded.

The only thing he should be doing in Philly is opening and closing the gate on the bench when backing up Antero Nittymaki.

The few USA Hockey fans left in the world have Mr. Pat Waddell to thank for not having Ryan Miller on this team.

In my never-ending search for consistency in arguments on this board, I ask (somewhat rhetorically), "So let me get this straight. Ryan Miller was NOT deserving of the Hobey Baker Award, but suddenly he IS deserving of being on the U.S. team?"

Correct, Panzer was a much more effective COLLEGE player.