SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Siouxdonyms

End of 1st Canada/Russia game - 0-0. Brodeur has to be strong again today as Russia outplayed Canada that period. Scoring chances were around 8 or 9 to about 2 or 3. Canada better pick up their play as I don't think Brodeur will be able to keep Malkin and Ovechkin off the board the whole game. And I don't think Nabokov will let in the soft goals that Vokoun did yesterday either!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller is a great goaltender, although, I don't feel goaltending was our biggest problem (contrary to what was being said before the tourney started). Finding the back of the net was such a struggle. I just don't get it.

Canada's problem too. You would think with all that talent that they could score more than 3 goals in a game let alone the two shutouts they experienced.

I do have to say I love seeing Chris Chelios in there.......something I like about seeing someone only 6 months younger than I playing!!!!!

Other than that.....man we played like s&!t....I wathced it here in my office and it seemed like there was a real lack of discipline..... :huh:

Players like Chelios, Yzerman, Lemieux, Richter, etc. have earned the right to say "thanks, but it's time to pass the torch to a younger generation." That being said, I do hope that Chellie does that come 2010! If we can't find a quality defenseman younger than 49 years old to play in that Olympics, I'll vote PCM to be the new head of USA Hockey.

Start of 2nd. . . weird thing happened. Canada is sent to the box. (Bertuzzi is serving the diving penalty.) No one, including Canada's bench, the announcers, etc. seemed to know that a penalty had been assessed? (Must have been at the end of the 1st, as they had not even dropped the puck to start the 2nd.) The announcers commented on the fact that it was not on their official Olympic computer? Odd. . . . see, there is a conspiracy!

On another note, Gagne is expected to return at some point in the game. When asked what the injury was the announcers were told "a lower body thing." Boy, that clears it right up, doesn't it? :huh:

Canada's problem too. You would think with all that talent that they could score more than 3 goals in a game let alone the two shutouts they experienced.

I think Canada should be more concerned than the US with their lack of scoring. With the fire-power they have on that team. . . . . . .ouch!

You're my hero, Tsiouxnami...even if no one else is following along. :love:

Canuck isn't online today...I bet he's watching the game.

Ahhhh, geez!! You really know how to make a girl blush!! HA! :huh: Just glad to see someone is following along.

Canada seems to be following USA's lead. Playing rather undisciplined hockey and taking some stupid penalties. It will only be a matter of time until Russia makes them pay! (10 minutes left in the 2nd period)

4 minutes left in the 1st. . . .Czech's lead Slovakia 1-0. Don't know much about this game, as I have been watching the other.

Slovakia has always had an inferiority complex with the Czech Republic. A win for the Slovaks today would be huge for that country.

In the other game, 5 1/2 minutes into the 1st Czech and Slovakia (Wow, that seems weird!) are 0-0. (I LOVE this, so much hockey - not enough tv's!! :huh: )

I want your job. :love:

When will the US learn how to pick players for international competition. Hatcher? He is a great NHL player, but he just does not have the spead. I thought they started getting things right during the last Olympics with more spead and skill (Housley, York and Deadmarsh). The problem with this years team had something to do with the coaching IMO. Herb Brooks obviously knew what he was doing, I am sure there are a few others in the USA hockey system who can figure it out.

Start of 2nd. . . weird thing happened. Canada is sent to the box. (Bertuzzi is serving the diving penalty.) No one, including Canada's bench, the announcers, etc. seemed to know that a penalty had been assessed? (Must have been at the end of the 1st, as they had not even dropped the puck to start the 2nd.) The announcers commented on the fact that it was not on their official Olympic computer? Odd. . . . see, there is a conspiracy!

On another note, Gagne is expected to return at some point in the game. When asked what the injury was the announcers were told "a lower body thing." Boy, that clears it right up, doesn't it? :huh:

The boxscore on nbcolympics.com shows the penalty for "Abuse of Official by Players/Team Officials".

Did they say anything else about that?