SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Siouxdonyms

US gets screwed on a call by the linesman. . . 4 minutes of power play for Finland. Selanne gets cut on a Hatcher follow through on a clearing attempt. (Selanne was down on the ice.) No high stick or anything. Ref lets it go, linesman calls major. . . blood was drawn, but there should have been no call (even announcers are saying this was a bad call. . no penalty). It was one of those unfortunate accidents. UGHHHH!!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, momentary lapse here. US goes home with a 4-3 loss to the Finns. It really is too bad, as we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties. We could have beaten them, if we had just stayed out of the box. Finland improves to 6-0 and the US finishes a dismal 1-4-1 for the tourney. :D

Peter: Hey hey I got an idea. Lets play "I Never." You got to drink if you did the thing that the person says they never did.

Cleveland: Oh I got one, I never slept with a women with the lights on.

(They all drink.)

Joe: I'll go next, uh I never had sex with Cleveland's wife.

(Quagmire and Cleveland drink.)

Peter: alright lets see uh, I never did a chick in a Logan airport bathroom.

(Only Quagmire drinks.)

****About 33 drinks later****

Peter: God lets see what else is there um...I never gave a reach-around to a spider monkey while reciting the Pledge of Alligence.

Quagmire: Oh God.

(Quagmire takes a drink.)

Joe: I uh I never picked up an illegal alien at Home Depot to take home and choke me while I touch myself.

Quagmire: Oh come on!

(Quagmire drinks again.)

Peter: I never did the same thing except with someone from Joann Fabrics.

Quagmire: Oh God this is ridiculous. You guys suck! (Drinks more and passes out.)

I watched that episode last week (think it was a re-run and I have it on DVD anyways)...absolutely hilarious. I loved the illegal alien line when Peter adds the "Joann Fabrics" bit.

Unfortunately, we can't really even blame the refs here. Yeah, the Hatcher call was a joke, but they didn't score on that penalty. It was the ones prior to that that were costly.

When is Keith Tkachuk going to prove he still deserves to be playing for Team USA?

When is Keith Tkachuk going to prove he still deserves to be playing for Team USA?

As the Jeopary theme plays in the background. . . . . . . . "What is. . . . . .hmmmm, Alex, that appears to be a trick question!"

There really were so many players that just seemed to disappear over the course of this tourney. If those are the best the US has to offer, well. . . . .we are in trouble!

I agree totally, but I've seen enough of Tkachuk to know that I've had enough. Let's go back to college kids who would at least play with some passion and would LOVE the opportunity to represent their country instead of throwing re-treads out there year after year.

Switzerland can at least hold their head high after their performance, despite a disappointing loss today to Sweden.

On another note. . . . some humor here. Perhaps the win by Finland could be overturned. At one point in the game, Sami Salo and Ville Peltonen (both Finnish players) ran into each other. Salo took an awkward spill, landing on his side with his arm extended. They were showing him on the bench, grimmacing in obvious pain. . . shoulder injury. Anyway, they cut away and then went back to him. While the camera was doing a close up on him, a trainer handed him a pill of some kind and some water. He took it. Even the announcers commented on what he could take that wouldn't affect a drug test . . .aspirin??? Anyway. . on that note. . . I think Finland should be tested for doping!! Geez, they are doing it right there on the bench!! 6-0. . . I see a corrulation here!!! ;):D;)

I agree totally, but I've seen enough of Tkachuk to know that I've had enough. Let's go back to college kids who would at least play with some passion and would LOVE the opportunity to represent their country instead of throwing re-treads out there year after year.

Switzerland can at least hold their head high after their performance, despite a disappointing loss today to Sweden.

Hey, they finished with a better record than our "pros" did. AND they did it by knocking off two powerhouse teams!

I thought I heard that the NHL contract for the Olympics only goes to 2010. I, too, would LOVE to see it go back to college kids playing. I know it would be a tall order, what with the Russian super leagues, etc. But would still be fun to see players play with some heart/pride!!

Exactly my point. On the plus side, at least I don't feel compelled to run out and buy a hideous Team USA jersey.

1998 Nagano - no medal

2002 Salt Lake City (and near home-ice advantage) - silver

2004 World Cup of Hockey - semi-final loss despite playing Finland in St Paul, MN

2006 Italy - no medal

Hey, www.usahockey.com...wake up!

Exactly my point. On the plus side, at least I don't feel compelled to run out and buy a hideous Team USA jersey.

1998 Nagano - no medal

2002 Salt Lake City (and near home-ice advantage) - silver

2004 World Cup of Hockey - semi-final loss despite playing Finland in St Paul, MN

2006 Italy - no medal

Hey, www.usahockey.com...wake up!

Come on . . . .we came away with something in Nagano. . . . a $1,000 room trashing bill! :D

I just think it's gotten ridiculous how it's become an "expectation" that you're going to be named to the Olympic team. Look at Team Canada...Lemieux and Yzerman remove their names from consideration yet for Team USA, Jeremy "There's no I in Team" Roenick says that he'd better get named to the team or else he'll become Canada's biggest fan? Gimme a break. What a bunch of pre-madonnas. Just like the NBA players.

I would have liked to see what this team could have done with Miller in nets. Wow did the Vancouver Canucks take a hit today with Ohlund going down for Sweden and now Salo for Finland.

Miller is a great goaltender, although, I don't feel goaltending was our biggest problem (contrary to what was being said before the tourney started). Finding the back of the net was such a struggle. I just don't get it.

I would have liked to see what this team could have done with Miller in nets. Wow did the Vancouver Canucks take a hit today with Ohlund going down for Sweden and now Salo for Finland.

I think that Depiatro (sp?) played real well. I don't think the goaltending can be questioned this year it all fall onto the forwards.

I thought Blake really stood out today. What a great penalty killer.