SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux vs. Minnesota

ScottM

It's on KTCS Channel 45, which is an over-the-air UHF station (Can I still be the janitor? :( ) and can be picked up within 50 or so miles of the twin towns.

Greyeagle,

I'm stuck in Bloomington that night probably at an Outback steakhouse. When you say over the air do you mean that a place like Outback probably gets it or is it the old (You need a UHF antenna to get it)?

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greyeagle,

I'm stuck in Bloomington that night probably at an Outback steakhouse. When you say over the air do you mean that a place like Outback probably gets it or is it the old (You need a UHF antenna to get it)?

Thanks

I get 45 on my TV without cable and a regular antenna. If you're stuck in a hotel room or someone's home it should be on regardless if they have cable or the dish, or rabbit ears/rooftop antenna. Channle 45 is usually channel 12 on most cable systems. I would guess Outback would have it on along with America's Largest Sports Bar in the big mall or any other bar in the area with TV's. I think Joe Sensor's is another good spot along 494 to watch.

You should have no problem watching the Gopher get a win Friday night. :p

I get 45 on my TV without cable and a regular antenna. If you're stuck in a hotel room or someone's home it should be on regardless if they have cable or the dish, or rabbit ears/rooftop antenna. Channle 45 is usually channel 12 on most cable systems. I would guess Outback would have it on along with America's Largest Sports Bar in the big mall or any other bar in the area with TV's. I think Joe Sensor's is another good spot along 494 to watch.

You should have no problem watching the Gopher get a win Friday night. :(

Thanks Greyeagle.

I'm just hoping that us lowly Sioux can make the two games close this weekend against the mighty Gophers. :p

I sent a message to KSTC this morning asking about the replay. I'll post the response if I receive one.

Dish Network and Direct TV both list the replay at 4:00 am EST (3:00 CST) on Saturday morning.

Here is the response I got regarding possible backfeed satellite coordinates for Friday night's game.

"I'm sorry, but the game isn't on satellite. We get it via fiber and turn it

around to our viewers on KSTC. "

Dave Garrett

KSTP/KSTC TV

Here's the response I got from Dave Garrett at KSTC regarding the Fox rebroadcast of Friday's game.

"I don't know the Fox schedule, but they typically do replay our broadcasts the next day."

Not much more info then we had before; but I've generally found that the program guide for Dish network is correct, and they show the replay at 4:00 am EST on Saturday morning.

Go Sioux.

Are any Sioux fans going to the game Friday night? I have a friend who grew up in the Cities and attended law school with me at UND so he is a bit of a Sioux fan, but more of a Gopher fan. Anyway, he collects Gopher items and was informed that they are giving away Gopher card team sets only at Friday's game. He said he would be willing to pay a fee for the set if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

Email me at sschmidtys@aol.com if you are willing to pick up the set for him. Thanks.

For you Central and Western north dakotans... according to tvguide.com it looks like not only are they not playing the game tape delayed on saturday morning, but college basketball will be on instead of college hockey on saturday night. :( Looks like im going to make a trip to visit some friends in Fargo this weekend :p

For you Central and Western north dakotans... according to tvguide.com it looks like not only are they not playing the game tape delayed on saturday morning, but college basketball will be on instead of college hockey on saturday night. :( Looks like im going to make a trip to visit some friends in Fargo this weekend :p

Who's televising the games in Fargo? I can't exactly make it to the cities (from GF) for the games since of recent car expenses, but I grew up in moorhead so I could make it there to watch the games. www.fightingsioux.com doesn't list these games as going to be televised. Is it just on dish networks? If that's the case I guess I'd have to go to a place such as Buffalo Wild Wings since I'm only 20, no bars.

I'm searching for my hollow point pic's.

GO SOIUX

I prefer full metal jackets. :( Used correctly will remove the rodent.

This week the message boards are too tame, its almost as if we were playing UAA. I don't see the same cockyness coming from the Gopher fans as ussual.

Hum...

anyone having trouble getting tickets to this weekends series??? i know a scalper and i'm paying $60/ea. for both nights! :p does anyone have any better news?:(

No better news here--$60 is pretty high but its probably worth it to lock them in and not end up scrounging around at 7:30pm on Friday night. I usually have little difficulty rounding up more tickets close to game day for friends who are coming down, but the Gopher bandwagon has been pretty full since March.

I was just thinking, there's a way everyone can leave this weekend happy.

The Sioux can sweep and get 4 pts, and the Gophers can get two of those "moral victories" they treasure (and the accompanying 4 "moral points").

That should make everyone happy, n'est pas?