SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux vs. Minnesota

ScottM

I was just thinking, there's a way everyone can leave this weekend happy.

The Sioux can sweep and get 4 pts, and the Gophers can get two of those "moral victories" they treasure (and the accompanying 4 "moral points").

That should make everyone happy, n'est pas?

I know I would be happy. :(

Scmidt, I will be at the games. I'll see if I can find the cards.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its sorry that the Gopher fans haven't even dropped the gloves this season. I think I detect a little uneasiness.

It was funny yesterday I was listening to Hennesy on my way to a work lunchon. Tim went head to head with the two clowns on KFAN, it was funny when Dubay and PA tried to say that UofM pulled its offer to Bochenski. Tim got the hook right after that...

It was funny but it sounds like a lot of the stuff from that on the air show really is from the POI.Com web page... They quote it all of the time...

Too bad I missed it. That would be hilarious to listen to Hennesey go head to head with those morons. I wonder if they have him on just because of the Clear Channel connections? I am pretty sure! They would never purposely have somebody on who is knowledgable about college hockey.

It was funny yesterday I was listening to Hennesy on my way to a work lunchon. Tim went head to head with the two clowns on KFAN, it was funny when Dubay and PA tried to say that UofM pulled its offer to Bochenski. Tim got the hook right after that...

Goon,

Clue us in. What did Tim say to get the hook?

Speez,

He basically said that the Gopher people mainly the idiots on the air were spinning the Brandon had the violation and as soon as Minnesota found out that he had committed the felony with the money making scheme that Minnesota pulled its offer to the Brandon.

Tim basically called them on it. That then ended the interview funny eh? I think Tim was eluding to the fact that the Sioux won over UofM and some in Minnesota spun it to look better.

All I know I am very happy Bochenski came to UND...

I think its sorry that the Gopher fans haven't even dropped the gloves this season. I think I detect a little uneasiness.

It is hardly uneasiness.

I think a lot of the past "tension" for Gopher fans is gone after winning the title last year. A lot of Gopher fans don't get worked up over other opposing fans' comments nearly as much. Comments like "chokers", "1979" and "trash talk" of that nature ring rather hollow these days, ya know?

I think most Gopher backers respect the Sioux but know the Gophers can beat them. I am sure a similar feeling comes from Sioux fans. It should be a great series.

I wonder if they have him on just because of the Clear Channel connections? I am pretty sure! They would never purposely have somebody on who is knowledgable about college hockey.

It was something K-Fan was trying -- they "checked" in with quite a few stations (Fargo, GF, Mankato, a few others), each station had a few minutes to interact with the duo (PA and Dubay). It sounded like one of the guys in their studio had done the work (lined things up and done a little research regarding topics in each town), it didn't sound like PA and Dubay were too thrilled to be doing this.

"The Fan Radio Network" must be desperate for guests.

They had Fighting Sioux Basketball voice Mick Farkas (sp) on during the 6 pm hour last night. (Mick runs Clear Channel station KVOX-AM in Fargo so The Fan is sticking to CC/Fan Network voices.)

They asked him (Mick) about Sioux/Gopher hockey.

And you thought no one could know less about hockey than PA, Dubay, and Sid .... ;):D

It was something K-Fan was trying -- they "checked" in with quite a few stations (Fargo, GF, Mankato, a few others), each station had a few minutes to interact with the duo (PA and Dubay). It sounded like one of the guys in their studio had done the work (lined things up and done a little research regarding topics in each town), it didn't sound like PA and Dubay were too thrilled to be doing this.

It's nice that the KFAN network can lead out to far places, but it would seem to me that to an extent they would have wanted their on-air talent to try and accomodate that to some extent. However, what little I have heard many of the shows tend to rip the places outside of the cities given the chance. Not always but sometimes.

Ahhh yes, the old "we pulled the scholarship offer" trick. I'm sure Tim H knows the timing of the phone calls that Monday morning. Lucia calls Lincoln, NE to find out what Bochenski's decision is. Then he makes a call to Blaine to confirm what he was told on the Lincoln call. Then he pulls his offer that afternoon because of "issues".

Bochenski plays for the Sioux. He's doing well. He's (apperantly) staying out of trouble. He's happy (I assume) with his choice. MN won the NC last year. I don't care who offered what when and retracted what & when or if at all. The story is over a year old.

In other words, I'm over it. Lets get it on!

Someone asked about tickets. U of M has a rush ticket window. On Friday you will want to get there early and get in line. They sell the tickets for I believe $20.00 and then they let you in with 10:00 minutes remaining in the first period. You then sit anywhere someone isn't already sitting and then you wait for the rich. old Gopher fan to come midway thru the second period and ask for his seat back. I have done this process serveral times for Sioux-Gopher games and it works out pretty well plus you don't have to deal with the ticket scalpers.

Go Sioux!!

It is hardly uneasiness.

I think a lot of the past "tension" for Gopher fans is gone after winning the title last year. A lot of Gopher fans don't get worked up over other opposing fans' comments nearly as much. Comments like "chokers", "1979" and "trash talk" of that nature ring rather hollow these days, ya know?

I think most Gopher backers respect the Sioux but know the Gophers can beat them. I am sure a similar feeling comes from Sioux fans. It should be a great series.

You know what I think that makes sense.

I can't get my family members that are Gopher Fans to bite this year at all... I guess I have to watch my pees and Ques this year since I will be the only Sioux fan in the house watching the game.

If, and I mean if UND loses both games it could get unbearable for me...

Hey Greyeagle, why does gopher national suffer from bi-polar disorder?? Seems like everybody is about to give up after just one loss to UND. Hopefully the team doesn't feel the same way (which im sure thye dont) or it could be a long night for Minnesota.

The fourth line last night was Connelly, Genoway, and Fylling.

I thought the fourth line looked pretty decent. They only got in trouble once, that was early, when they couldn't clear the zone, and Minnesota pressure forced a penalty that led to the first MN goal. Other than that, Fylling had a couple decent chances, and Connelly let go a couple slappers .... not bad. I was expecting we'd have to go 3 lines ...