SiouxSports.com Forum

4th Annual POI vs SS.com

bertibm

Sioux Sports pulls it out 8-6 with the empty netter!

Heck of a game to be at, it was fun to watch. More Sioux fans in the stands then GPL'ers.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GO SS

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an outstanding game. One of the most fun I've played in for a long time. We skated for an hour and a half and there were maybe two POI penalties and one SS penalty. I thought we'd tie it up at the end and we were pretty darn close, but stuckinfargo was outragous.

I'm glad the guys from LCHA showed up, they made it a lot of fun and gave needed depth to the guys/gal in green.

Sioux Traveller you should play next year, but be warned I think the siouxsports.com team will ask you to skate hard. :angry:

Next year will be rough for everyone. St Patty's day on Sat. Game on Sunday. Lotsa headaches that day.

Is everyone ok with this rink, or should I look for a different one?

It would be nice to have a different rink, ie one in a better part of town and one with some restaurants near by. Plymouth, St Louis Park, others...

a 60 minute game would be good too, instead of the full 90. I barely made it thru drinking at 5 WCHA games, and then to get up on Sunday and skate for 90 was a lot.

It would be nice to have a different rink, ie one in a better part of town and one with some restaurants near by. Plymouth, St Louis Park, others...

a 60 minute game would be good too, instead of the full 90. I barely made it thru drinking at 5 WCHA games, and then to get up on Sunday and skate for 90 was a lot.

A nicer rink would be nice even if it costs more. With 25-30 guys pitching in, an extra $60-$75 isn't a big deal. VMI is a very cold rink for the fans.

Thanks for organizing this game again this year, bert. The ref was a nice idea and he did a great job. SS.com players all pitched in some $$ for his effort.

It was a great game, We could not do anything with a Hot Goalie for SS.com

He is the MVP for the team every year.

The trophy is sitting in MVP stuckinfargo's Ford Ranger on its way to Fargo at the time of this post. Outstanding as always, Bryce! Having possession of the trophy means you have to be at next year's game. Alterior motive on my part? Maybe. Well deserved on your part? Without a doubt!

I'm glad the guys from LCHA showed up, they made it a lot of fun and gave needed depth to the guys/gal in green.

I hope someone posts a post-game team picture of SS.com so everyone can see kateskate's pink and green socks. You played very well, kate. I felt like a proud papa watching you out there mixing it up with the boys. Good luck at UND next year and we're all pulling for you to make the Sioux women's team as a walk-on. One last thing, kate, Rory McMahon was only part right when he told you the Gophers are the root of all evil. They have a lot of fans who are pretty decent people and players.

Now they think I'm a Gopher fan!! :angry:

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/viewtopic.ph...0e384dcb3#81454

Bertibm

GPL Lifer

Total posts: 2298

GPL Point: 2109 Posted: Sun 3/19/06 4:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DrunkHockeyGuy wrote:

They brought in a Ringer that isn't even a Sioux Fan?

You are correct. We have no way of knowing or not.

I am not going to blame that on the loss today

I hope someone posts a post-game team picture of SS.com so everyone can see kateskate's pink and green socks. You played very well, kate. I felt like a proud papa watching you out there mixing it up with the boys. Good luck at UND next year and we're all pulling for you to make the Sioux women's team as a walk-on. One last thing, kate, Rory McMahon was only part right when he told you the Gophers are the root of all evil. They have a lot of fans who are pretty decent people and players.

Thank you, and you are right there are some very nice gopher fans.

Very fun game. I was worried that they were going to tie it up. I could feel the pressure.

Thanks for putting it together. I would suggest 60 minutes. It is fairly tough finding a good central rink to play at that isn't high buck. I used to play at St. Louis Park a lot and that is a pretty good central location with good ice. But really whatever you can find, we know it's difficult lining things up.

Please say thank you again to the ref. He did a good job.

Great job kateskate. I think the pink socks were a nice touch. Good luck with the tryouts.

I plan on making a couple modifications maybe to the trophy. :angry:

I took several pictures of the team with the trophy hoping one will be decent. I'll post them tomorrow, my son took with my camera by accident. He was anxious to get dropped off at his apartment/car so he could get to the arena. He plays four hours of hockey Sunday nights with 'the old guys'. We missed lunch with the team so he could get a couple of hours of playing time tonight.

My older son, his girlfriend and I really enjoyed watching the game. It put the exclamation point on the end of a fantastic week end of hockey.

Oh, not to brag or anything, Phats (SS.com user name), my son, did score a goal tonight. :lol::angry: I don't know the other players to post who else scored goals. There was this blond dynamo who was all over the ice. He kinda looked like a 15 year old Gretsky. :lol:

thanks for the extra bucks for reffing. i really wasnt expecting anything, but how can i say no to free cash money? :lol:

good game by both. a few missed calls, but none that changed the game (i think :angry: ).

sign me up for next time if/when it happens. it was a fun game to watch ... and ref.

SS.com played a great game today! Like someone said earlier, a great way to end a fun weekend of Sioux hockey!

I had fun hanging out with our star goalie for a bit on Friday night and the rest of the SS.com players that went to lunch after the game. We should try and meet up again next year. :angry: I realized toward the end of the game that I should have been counting shots on goal for stuckinfargo since I was watching from the goal line. Next year we'll have to start taking stats.

This weekend definitely made me want to move back to the MN/ND area!