SiouxSports.com Forum

Sparky

siouxguyinstpaul

thank you - crutches is not a good sign

hopefully not acl - perhaps mcl and a simple strain - hopefully

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched about 30 minutes of practice today. He was on crutches and his right leg was heavily wrapped from above the knee down to his ankle. It wasn't an encouraging sight.

As an aside, it looks like Watkins will be skating with Stafford and Zajac tonight, while Miller will be joining Duncan and Kozek. The other two lines were the same as last night.

I watched about 30 minutes of practice today.  He was on crutches and his right leg was heavily wrapped from above the knee down to his ankle.  It wasn't an encouraging sight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that just su**s. Man, I hope Sparky heals fast. :crazy:

I watched about 30 minutes of practice today. He was on crutches and his right leg was heavily wrapped from above the knee down to his ankle. It wasn't an encouraging sight.

As an aside, it looks like Watkins will be skating with Stafford and Zajac tonight, while Miller will be joining Duncan and Kozek. The other two lines were the same as last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isn't good for Sparky.

As for the lines, this is intriguing. I suppose they wouldn't want to break up the Porter-Oshie-Toews line because of how well they played last night. However, I would have thought the Lefty first line (Stafford-Toews-Zajac) would have come back. Good thing I'm not coach :crazy:

One thing I hope results from this is that I hope Watkins uses his speed more. It didn't not seem like he was really willing to take the puck up ice. He's VERY fast, so why doesn't he use it to his advantage? Him and Zajac are very similar so far: Pass first, shoot last.

I sit right behind the sioux bench, four rows up. I saw Spirko tonight in the bench entrance and he was not on crutches that I could tell. He was talking with some of the assistants, etc. and looked like he was just sitting as a precaution. I hope that is the case. Again, I did not see him on crutches..

Hakstol said after that game that Spirko would be out "several weeks." I talked to Spirko briefly after the game. He wasn't on crutches, but was wearing a knee immobilizer and hobbling around. He didn't want to say much about his injury, other than that it was caused by a two-handed slash. He seemed pretty down about it.

It was bad. I just hope its not going to hold him out too long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It shows the class of a program when a guy(Spirko) is skating into the offensive zone without the puck and gets two-handed across his knee from behind from a guy for no reason.

I agree. It shows the class of a program when a guy(Spirko) is skating into the offensive zone without the puck and gets two-handed across his knee from behind from a guy for no reason.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on what we saw of their play, Coach Cronin the Barbarian and his NE thugs could challenge the NCAA team season record for penalties.

What do you guys expect by talking about "class", etc.? NE is one of the jokes of college hockey. Nearly always at the bottom of HE, and struggling to maintain any vague recognition in the Boston metro compared to Harvard, BC, BU, etc. I think the only reason they get invited to the Beanpot, whatever that is, is because of a liberal obligation to help the underprivileged ... well, and MIT doesn't have a D1 hockey team. :lol::D

It sounds like it was not a nice play, but before complaining about chippiness I try to remember that UND plays a pretty physical game that does get chippy and at times even slips into the "illegal" category. I'm glad UND has an edge to their game. If I were a Northeastern fan, I would want that too, just with a little more restraint than was shown this weekend.

It sounds like it was not a nice play, but before complaining about chippiness I try to remember that UND plays a pretty physical game that does get chippy and at times even slips into the "illegal" category.  I'm glad UND has an edge to their game.  If I were a Northeastern fan, I would want that too, just with a little more restraint than was shown this weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully it is nothing too serious, if anyone " in the loop" could provide an update as to the amount of time Sparky is expected to miss it would be appreciated. I thought I had read that he will be re-evaluated today. This will be an opportunity for Miller or Martens to show what they can do. Otherwise, I think it is going to be tough for those guys to break the line-up barring further injuries.

What do you guys expect by talking about "class", etc.? NE is one of the jokes of college hockey.  Nearly always at the bottom of HE, and struggling to maintain any vague recognition in the Boston metro compared to Harvard, BC, BU, etc.  I think the only reason they get invited to the Beanpot, whatever that is, is because of a liberal obligation to help the underprivileged ... well, and MIT doesn't have a D1 hockey team.  :lol:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the tournament North Dakota won in Massachusetts last March. ???

Miller played alot & I was impressed But we want Sparky Back ASAP!!! & Healthy

Did the radio announcers talk about the injury ? I will have to remember to bring my radio - It bothered me why he warmed up but was not playing - did the team know who did it ?