SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Utter domination by USA.

They laid it all out tonight and the younger goalie was great (the goalie could have been bad and USA would have still have won). Finland beat Canada and sang like little kids. USA looked more relieved and exhausted, but were able to enjoy the victory. Surprised how Russia took to loss (aside from one kneeing incident). They played hard and didn't have much to be cocky about (and they weren't). They acted with class for most of the game and especially during the closing ceremony. It was almost like they realized that this team was far better and gave USA the credit.

The players then searched for there sticks and threw them into the crowd. It was harder to find there respective gloves, but when the did they threw them into the crowd as well. I was literally ten feet from getting one of Mattsons gloves and Bourques stick. Mattson played OK, one bad turnover and several very nice offensive plays. Bourque and Fowler were amazing tonight. I use to think Bourque was small and fast, but had my doubts about how much further he could go. After this (the third USA game of the tourney I watched) I'd say the sky's the limit.

Congrats USA

Nice weekend of hockey I was able to watch both games tonight. Saw Dirty entering the UPC.

I thought there was was some awesome hockey. Dylan Olson is going to be good. Nice size skates pretty well.

UMD is fortunate to have him. The Fins were small and fast.

Team USA was pretty good I can't believe there was only one Minnesota player on the team.

I predict Mattson will be at UND for a 3 - 4 years but I like the way he played, he will be a good addition to the Fighting Sioux blue

line when he comes to UND. Cam Fowler won't be at DU long. Ulfie's son is a pretty good player and didn't Knee anyone. :)

I have to admit I got choked up when they played the national anthem after USA won the game.

Nice weekend of hockey I was able to watch both games tonight. Saw Dirty entering the UPC.

I thought there was was some awesome hockey. Dylan Olson is going to be good. Nice size skates pretty well.

UMD is fortunate to have him. The Fins were small and fast.

Team USA was pretty good I can't believe there was only one Minnesota player on the team.

I predict Mattson will be at UND for a 3 - 4 years but I like the way he played, he will be a good addition to the Fighting Sioux blue

line when he comes to UND. Cam Fowler won't be at DU long. Ulfie's son is a pretty good player and didn't Knee anyone. :)

I have to admit I got choked up when they played the national anthem after USA won the game.

Cam Fowler's not going to DU. He's going major junior. He backed out of his committment to Notre Dame.

Cam Fowler's not going to DU. He's going major junior. He backed out of his committment to Notre Dame.

Ok because someone told me he was going to DU tonight. Oh well he will do well in MJ.

Awesome player.

A couple of thoughts after watching the U.S. completely dominate Russia.... :)

~Jack Campbell is a very poised young man. From the way he warmed up to the way he played in the game. Nothing overly spectacular, just made the saves he should have and as a calm presence.

~I saw Morin taping his stick before the game and my gosh is he a well put together young man. He looked like he was 23 years old and ready for the NHL. Hak needs to find a way to get him to UND.....great player.

~Yeah, Fowler will be in the NHL soon.

~UND is getting a solid skating defenseman in Mattson.

~Denver is getting a bevy of talented forwards....wow.....

~Bourque might be the fastest 18 year old skater I've ever seen in person. The kid can absolutely fly....

By the way, the bronze medal game was AWESOME! There was a lot of people ticked off that they bought tickets for that one, but it was great watching the Finns come back and beat Canada in a shootout. The Bronze medal game was a lot better than the gold medal game, with action up and down the ice. At least the teams were more evenly matched.

Ohh, one last thing. Whoever was keeping shots was way off in both games. The Finns had periods where they dominated, but I'm not sure they had that many shots....And 43 seemed a bit much for the U.S. tonight as well.

A couple of thoughts after watching the U.S. completely dominate Russia.... :)

~Jack Campbell is a very poised young man. From the way he warmed up to the way he played in the game. Nothing overly spectacular, just made the saves he should have and as a calm presence.

~I saw Morin taping his stick before the game and my gosh is he a well put together young man. He looked like he was 23 years old and ready for the NHL. Hak needs to find a way to get him to UND.....great player.

~Yeah, Fowler will be in the NHL soon.

~UND is getting a solid skating defenseman in Mattson.

~Denver is getting a bevy of talented forwards....wow.....

~Bourque might be the fastest 18 year old skater I've ever seen in person. The kid can absolutely fly....

By the way, the bronze medal game was AWESOME! There was a lot of people ticked off that they bought tickets for that one, but it was great watching the Finns come back and beat Canada in a shootout. The Bronze medal game was a lot better than the gold medal game, with action up and down the ice. At least the teams were more evenly matched.

Ohh, one last thing. Whoever was keeping shots was way off in both games. The Finns had periods where they dominated, but I'm not sure they had that many shots....And 43 seemed a bit much for the U.S. tonight as well.

Was he the kid taping his stick in the north end of the arena during the O.T. and shootout of the Finland and Canada game?

I think I was sitting behind him in pro scouts row.

The 91-92 USHL showcase was this weekend in Chicago. Forgot to post about it earlier but next weekend is the 93 USHL showcase. I don't follow the locals to much, but there are some in both tournaments, here are the rosters,

http://www.ushl.com/centralscouting/Showca...9192rosters.pdf

http://www.ushl.com/centralscouting/Showca...9-93rosters.pdf

Looking at the rosters, it's shows how the game has grown - there are kids from all across the US, plenty from sun-belt states.

Looking at the rosters, it's shows how the game has grown - there are kids from all across the US, plenty from sun-belt states.

Just using the Dallas area as an example, they finished 2nd in tier I 18-under (finishing higher than Shattuck) after losing in OT in championship game and won in tier II 18-under (Dakota Starz had semi final team in tier 2 16-under).

This with 3 best kids from area in national program Brown, Amburgury, Fallon.

And leading defenseman scorer in USHL as a 18 year old, DU recruit and 4th round NHL draft pick Donovan

A couple of the highest ranked 13-15 year olds in country

Don't mock the tape.

Do you know what it is like to play with a stick taped amateurishly?

Seriously, do you? I wouldn't know. :)

Yes, I do it all the time (my taping skills haven't reached HS level yet).

If I were to have a pro tape my stick, I can only imagine the outcome.

Yes, I do it all the time (my taping skills haven't reached HS level yet).

If I were to have a pro tape my stick, I can only imagine the outcome.

I have to admit that I was impressed in the science of stick taping.

Was he the kid taping his stick in the north end of the arena during the O.T. and shootout of the Finland and Canada game?

I think I was sitting behind him in pro scouts row.

Yeah, that was him. It was at that time that I had a Tom Hanks moment straight out of Field of Dreams....

"We're gonna win......WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!!"

Yeah, I based the whole game on how big and tough Morin looked....I was right.... :)

Yeah, that was him. It was at that time that I had a Tom Hanks moment straight out of Field of Dreams....

Yeah, I based the whole game on how big and tough Morin looked....I was right.... :)

Kevin Cosner = Field of Dreams

Tom Hanks = League of Their Own

Then it must have been Kevin Costner that yelled "there's no crying in baseball!".

:lol:

Morin said he really liked North Dakota and BU and particular he liked BU but he wants to go pro as soon as possible and didn't think college was right for him. He's hoping he goes high in the draft and gets to play right away.

After watching the US team play 3 games I thought Morin was good but he didn't stand out over the other forwards. Now defenseman Cam Fowler stood out. He went end to end a few times and played his position very well. If he sticks with the verbal to Notre Dame he'll be a beast for some time.

Morin said he really liked North Dakota and BU and particular he liked BU but he wants to go pro as soon as possible and didn't think college was right for him. He's hoping he goes high in the draft and gets to play right away.

After watching the US team play 3 games I thought Morin was good but he didn't stand out over the other forwards. Now defenseman Cam Fowler stood out. He went end to end a few times and played his position very well. If he sticks with the verbal to Notre Dame he'll be a beast for some time.

He is going to the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL.

Why did he wait so long to sign and announce it? It just annoys me. There was all this speculation from Kitchner, why didn't he just announce it. I'm just fine without having this guy.

not sure why it would bother you :D it is his decision. he was never going to college, just using it im sure for leverage with kitchener as some do that. it seemed from the get go he was major junior all the way. i would have taken him in a heart beat. hes a big time hockey player but his grades were a issue from a few sources i had talked to. its not like und and bu were sitting on pins and needles, im pretty sure bu and und knew for a while what the deal was with him but he had to do what he thought was best on his end for negotiating with kitchener

bottom line is he wasnt going to college ;)

Why did he wait so long to sign and announce it? It just annoys me. There was all this speculation from Kitchner, why didn't he just announce it. I'm just fine without having this guy.

Two words: Public Relations. He put on a great front. "I really like the Kitchener atmosphere" :D He was never going to college ;)