SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Yeah, we had that a few years back. Heckuva hockey player, but as a teammate, not so much.

Exactly...if he is not committed to Fighting Sioux Hockey then no worries let him go to the OHL. We will be just fine.

Exactly...if he is not committed to Fighting Sioux Hockey then no worries let him go to the OHL. We will be just fine.

I agree with both of you guys, I think Hak and co are smart enough to stay clear of Morin and his manipulation of his OHL team.

There are a lot of players UND can get without worrying about him. Good luck in the OHL.

I agree with both of you guys, I think Hak and co are smart enough to stay clear of Morin and his manipulation of his OHL team.

There are a lot of players UND can get without worrying about him. Good luck in the OHL.

Exactly Goon. We don't need to play games here....if you don't want to be a member of the Fighting Sioux then no problem you will be replaced by someone who does.

I'd like to just stay out of this argument but really if you dont want a first round draft pick on your team who could help us win a title next year..wihch we have a legit chance at doing then your about as smart as my living room table.

Oh Ok....sorry to stoop to the level of your living room table. So based on your living room table just having Morin will win the NC?? I would like to have Morin on the team but if he is going to be some kind of primma donna then we don't need him. That was the point. Is your living room table oak??

Just listening to his dad talk up the OHL, makes me wonder. Sure 6400 fans is a nice little crowd, but it can't compare with the crowd at the Ralph. His dad seemed to intimate that the Rangers team cared about each other, so UND would be a perfect fit in that sense. However, if he is looking for a team atmosphere, then one guy isn't the be all end all, and his whole recruiting process screams out otherwise. Whatever he decides, just don't call a press conference to announce.

Oh Ok....sorry to stoop to the level of your living room table. So based on your living room table just having Morin will win the NC?? I would like to have Morin on the team but if he is going to be some kind of primma donna then we don't need him. That was the point. Is your living room table oak??

No, chew tins and plexiglass.

Are the Sioux looking at anyone in the U-18 tourney besides all the talk about Jeremy Morin. Maybe a little foreign flavor

More importantly is there any TV coverage from Fargo so we can watch some of those recruits. Even when the tournament is in Europe I can find TV coverage of the games but I haven't been able to find anything which is disappointing. I guess I will be limited to the Canada games that TSN covers this year. :silly:

I don't understand why he doesn't just do what Clarke did with UND?

Morin commits to BU/BC/UND and then bolts for the OHL?

Everyone knows he's playing the NCAA, so why not bring it out into the open?

From my understanding, Clarke verbally committed to UND and then got drafted. Then decided to go to the OHL. Same type of thing with Cam Folwer.

How's Morin playing the NCAA? He's already ready to go to the OHL and the rangers have basically opened up their roster for him. I think he's seriously debating on which route to go. As we've seen the sioux are still actively recruiting and setting up our roster for next year. Either way, I think the Sioux aren't getting played. If he had committed to us and there was all this OHL talk, thats another subject. In that case, we'd be turning away players or postponing their arrivals because of his committed.

But this is different, if he signed with us, all it does it pushes Knight and/or Danny Mattson to juniors for a (another) year.

I'd like to see him with the Sioux, but I agree with basically every post on here in that hes a 1 or 2 yr player (at the most). He's not worried about being part of a team, hes more focused on himself and his leverage with his future draft position.

I don't understand why he doesn't just do what Clarke did with UND?

Morin commits to BU/BC/UND and then bolts for the OHL?

Everyone knows he's playing the NCAA, so why not bring it out into the open?

ive heard acedemic issues on the NCAA end, nothing concrete but just talk here and there ive seen mentioned on boards and a little chatter i had with someone in DC who was just a randon boston college sports fan. that doesnt mean he wont go NCAA but i still think hes OHL bound

personally i would take morin in to UND any day of the week. kid can flat out play hockey. 1 year and gone is fine with me. he wont play college imo :silly:

ive heard acedemic issues on the NCAA end, nothing concrete but just talk here and there ive seen mentioned on boards and a little chatter i had with someone in DC who was just a randon boston college sports fan. that doesnt mean he wont go NCAA but i still think hes OHL bound

personally i would take morin in to UND any day of the week. kid can flat out play hockey. 1 year and gone is fine with me. he wont play college imo :silly:

I saw Morin play last night against Finland at the U18s... he had some good moves, with some speed... and a really LAME interference call that went against him (seriously, they just bumped into each other) anyways, he can play, but I personally would not want him at UND-- for many of the reasons others have listed here. Call me an idiot, stupid, whatever for thinking that, don't particularly care. Besides, do high draft picks always get the job done? No. Look at the Gophers. He'll play in the NHL, no doubt and that's fine and I'll probably like watching him play there. But I will pass on him for UND. Besides, I'm pretty sure if he goes the college route, he will go to BU based on some of the articles out there.

after watching USA's two games IMO, Bourque is the most dynamic player on the US roster. Morin seems to have the hype, but Bourque seems to be the guy that you always notice. He's quick, can dangle, pass and really plays a physical game. For a "little" guy he's one of the more physical players out there. UNH lost a dandy when he decommitted. For those of you looking to take in a non USA game is sounds like the CAN-SWE game tomorrow afternoon is going to be a good one. Tomorrow's going to be a great day. CAN-SWE with my boys at 4pm and USA-RUS with my dad at 7:30.

UND content- Kristo looked great last night against the Force. Although his team lost he and Albrecht (?), a harvard recruit were Omaha's best payers. Listening to the post game on the radio they mentioned that Kristo has been dominant in Fargo. Hopefully that means he likes playing in ND and will be a star for UND!

UND content- Kristo looked great last night against the Force. Although his team lost he and Albrecht (?), a harvard recruit were Omaha's best payers. Listening to the post game on the radio they mentioned that Kristo has been dominant in Fargo. Hopefully that means he likes playing in ND and will be a star for UND!

I am hoping that Kristo comes to UND and lights it up.

went and watched the US lose 6-5 to russia last night. they had shots at 50-22 in favor of the US, but i think it was high for both teams. the US was the better team except their goaltender, who was brutal. mattson does not play much 5 on 5, but played on the second pp unit and played on the pk some. he is a good skater and is bigger than i expected, but he needs another year of seasoning imho. morin had two goals and is definately a gamer, i think i land on the side of we would take him if he goes the college route. jerry york sat up behind us, not sure who he was watching? does bc have a recruit or two on the team? anyways, tough loss to take, goalie had an off night and would like all but maybe one of the goals back.

went and watched the US lose 6-5 to russia last night. they had shots at 50-22 in favor of the US, but i think it was high for both teams. the US was the better team except their goaltender, who was brutal. mattson does not play much 5 on 5, but played on the second pp unit and played on the pk some. he is a good skater and is bigger than i expected, but he needs another year of seasoning imho. morin had two goals and is definately a gamer, i think i land on the side of we would take him if he goes the college route. jerry york sat up behind us, not sure who he was watching? does bc have a recruit or two on the team? anyways, tough loss to take, goalie had an off night and would like all but maybe one of the goals back.

mattson is a 2010 so he will have another year of development

Totally agree with your post. Mattson must be on the 3rd unit. He showed some slick moves in the third when he stickhandled through the Russian team, unfortunatly Bourque was whistled for a trip behind the plan.

The US goalie was not good. Too bad the best high school goalie in the country was watching the game (fargo's Lee) and not playing in it. Maybe USA's goalie can slip on a Banana peal and they can more Lee in. Probably not even allowed, but I was thinking it during the third period.

Go USA!!

Totally agree with your post. Mattson must be on the 3rd unit. He showed some slick moves in the third when he stickhandled through the Russian team, unfortunatly Bourque was whistled for a trip behind the plan.

The US goalie was not good. Too bad the best high school goalie in the country was watching the game (fargo's Lee) and not playing in it. Maybe USA's goalie can slip on a Banana peal and they can more Lee in. Probably not even allowed, but I was thinking it during the third period.

Go USA!!

I believe Lee is too old to play in this tourney - he will be the top goalie on the next USA WJC team.

Good to hear that Adam Murray was sucking it up. I hope he does the same in Denver! Also Jerry York has a couple of recruits on the team, but also Morin has suggested UND, BU, and BC as his choices for a college. Was he there trying to sway Morin??! Probably.

Just watched Team USA totally dominate the Russians on TSN, 5-0 for the gold medal. What a bunch of hacks the Russians are; however, I am sure DaveK loved their knee on knee hits on the Team USA players. Nice to see some Kelly Green in the crowd.

Just as long as they aren't instigating....

Hey, accidents happen...The U.S. players should try figure skating if they didn't like the Russian's physical play