SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I am very happy that we got him and just as happy that we don't seem to have resorted to dirty measures to get him. That 08 class is shaping up quite nicely :( .

I say lets get him signed to LOI. :D

It is great news, but I worry what Donald will say about us. How will we ever get back our integrity? :D I guess the standard comeback is that Anchorage has ruined more careers in the past 5 years than college hockey as a whole.

I am really interested in the whole story. I am happy to have a talented kid like this come to UND, but he comes here with a target on his back.

Put him on the same line as Hextall when the Sioux play DU and there won't be any problems for UND whatsoever. :D

I am really interested in the whole story. I am happy to have a talented kid like this come to UND, but he comes here with a target on his back.

You could be right. Bad Karma seemed to follow Nate Hagemo at Minnesota. Is Michael Dorr playing for Minnesota in '07 or '08? He is another one that could have a target on his back, although Duluth lost some talent that would have helped them move up in the WCHA this year. Gotta hurt Duluth even more than it will hurt Denver.

from who?? DU a a team, yes, well at least pakabitch wont be there, welcome another solid player from winnipeg!

Added some players, Removed Fink from the "prospective" list

2007:

I think this is done give the number of returning players.

2008:

Almost certainly some 2008s will defer to 2009. Right now I would contend that there is room for 1 maybe 2 more players at the most.

Forwards:

David Toews - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Obviously

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL - One of the Top Forwards available

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL - Family Ties

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm BCHL - Family Ties, not as highly regarded as Darcy.

Justin Johnson - Eau Claire N. HS - I know nothing

Defense:

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Top defender, but I'm not sure we will have room.

Maybe room for another defender?

2009: (Likely a HUGE class with many forwards)

Forwards:

Greg Lamoreux - Elite Canadian Player

Zack Budish - Edina - lets hope Finley and Gleason are doing some talking

Ben Hanowski - Little Falls - Gopher fan with a Sioux coach, if he gives us a chance I think he will see that UND fits his style and development needs better.

Sam Alfieri - Shattuck St.Mary's - yet another great Shattuck Forward

Tyler Landman - Roseau - Smaller dynamic forward.

Danny Mattson - Holy Angles

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska HS/USNTDP

Matt Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

By the looks of it now, the main objective is to get David Toews and then worry about battling it out for the 09 guys. I don't believe there is room for anymore forwards in 08 but maybe a defenseman or two. Does anyone know if David would be a for sure 08 (I would guess yes) or if there is a chance he would play a year of juniors?

By the looks of it now, the main objective is to get David Toews and then worry about battling it out for the 09 guys. I don't believe there is room for anymore forwards in 08 but maybe a defenseman or two. Does anyone know if David would be a for sure 08 (I would guess yes) or if there is a chance he would play a year of juniors?

i think he is for sure an 08 and i think it would be incredibly wishful thinking to get him to come if und asked him to play a year of juniors.

Here is a list of the North Dakota players invited to the Select 16 and 17 Festivals this summer

Select 16

G Jordan Lehr (Omaha Energy U16) 4.29 GAA Sioux Falls, SD native

D Nick Romanick (Bismarck High) 0-2-2

D Bryce Anderson (Grand Forks Central) 2-7-9

F Bryce Schmitt (Minot) 18-17-35

F Jordan Bancroft (Grand Forks Red River) 3-11-14

F Josh Obregon (Omaha Energy U16) 23-17-40 Grand Forks, ND native

Select 17

G Pat Arnason (Grand Forks Red River) 1.14 GAA

D Tyler Swanson (West Fargo) 4-10-14

F Tyler Groth (Fargo South) 10-7-17

F Alex Simonson (Grand Forks Central) 0-2-2

Here is a list of the North Dakota players invited to the Select 16 and 17 Festivals this summer

Select 16

G Jordan Lehr (Omaha Energy U16) 4.29 GAA Sioux Falls, SD native

D Nick Romanick (Bismarck High) 0-2-2

D Bryce Anderson (Grand Forks Central) 2-7-9

F Bryce Schmitt (Minot) 18-17-35

F Jordan Bancroft (Grand Forks Red River) 3-11-14

F Josh Obregon (Omaha Energy U16) 23-17-40 Grand Forks, ND native

Select 17

G Pat Arnason (Grand Forks Red River) 1.14 GAA

D Tyler Swanson (West Fargo) 4-10-14

F Tyler Groth (Fargo South) 10-7-17

F Alex Simonson (Grand Forks Central) 0-2-2

Maybe Alex can get his dad to pay for gas... :silly:

I think next years team really needs to bring in Matt Frattin or Jason Gregoire to add some much needed offense to the second line whoever that may consist of. Also when David Toews does commit, would he play next year in the fall or the year later?

david has 1 more year at sattuck, he will be a senior..i think we will be just fine at forward until 08 but would love to see either of those players soon.

WHo would be out?

We already have a huge logjam at forward without Frattin, Bruneteau, or Gregoire.

Porter was a power forward who can score. Not flashy, but hard working. If we want a Porter-type guy to fill the role, then Malone is the freshman. I'd like to see Kozek on that line. Like him or hate him, he's got good speed, works hard, and has a FILTHY wrister if he can create enough space for it. Interestingly enough, in some ways, Kozek's UND career has mimicked Porter's.