SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

western college hockey doesnt have UND listed as a finalist...im assuming that you know something i dont(but hey, who doesnt? :D ). UND is also interested in nash and mario lammy...im thinking mario will go whl, and that would mean we will have to wait and see on those two...

chuck kind of knows a little ;)

Can you at least tell us whether it is someone that has been talked about lately? If so my guess is Malone. Don't leave us hangin' like this.

O.K. for now on I won't tease you. I will just keep it to myself.

By the way what does westerncollege hockey know? After all he said John Lee is a player a lot like his brother except less skilled(or something like that) when John Lee is totally opposite of his brother. John is really aggresive, a very Physical player that plays with a chip on his shoulder. He doesn't have very much offensive skills at all. I would compare him to a smaller less skilled Matt Greene style of player.

O.K. for now on I won't tease you. I will just keep it to myself.

By the way what does westerncollege hockey know? After all he said John Lee is a player a lot like his brother except less skilled(or something like that) when John Lee is totally opposite of his brother. John is really aggresive, a very Physical player that plays with a chip on his shoulder. He doesn't have very much offensive skills at all. I would compare him to a smaller less skilled Matt Greene style of player.

did the sioux have interest in him? i would assume but then again maybe not..

Tim Hennesey reported this morning on the radio that the Sioux received a verbal committment from Brett Hextall from Penticton. He is the son of former Flyer goalie Ron Hextall. Hennesey apparently said he has a nasty streak to him as he is leading his team in scoring and penalties. Currenly he has 14 pts and 69 penalty minutes in 11 games.

I know his name hasn't been brought up much, but I was wondering if anyone knew what former Fargo South standout Eric Gault was up to? He was with the Lincoln Stars, but I checked their roster today and he is no longer on it. I know most people counted him out because of his size, but I thought he had some potential with a year or two in the USHL.

Heard Tim Hennessey say that Ron Hextall's kid from the BCHL will be going to UND. He said he is a nasty player. I am sure some word should be coming out soon if this is true.

Another Hextall. :D This guy will really get under the other teams skin ala Prpich and then burn them with his scoring touch. A good pick up because every Hextall plays their all for the win but will he come in next year or 08?

Another Hextall. :D This guy will really get under the other teams skin ala Prpich and then burn them with his scoring touch. A good pick up because every Hextall plays their all for the win but will he come in next year or 08?

I hope he is coming in 08. The reason I say this is because I would like to see one or two other guys get added to our 07 class that we may have given offers to already. I just hope this doesn't keep us from missing out on some other big names. (Gregoire, Lamoureaux, Blood, Nash)

I know his name hasn't been brought up much, but I was wondering if anyone knew what former Fargo South standout Eric Gault was up to? He was with the Lincoln Stars, but I checked their roster today and he is no longer on it. I know most people counted him out because of his size, but I thought he had some potential with a year or two in the USHL.

It looks like he was cut, which is suprising to me. Guys like Robbie Bina show you do not need to be over 6' 200lbs to play defense. There are still a lot of ND players in the USHL. I believe Jund from Williston and Dittus from Minot are both at Green Bay. Selk and Willert from Minot are both playing in the USHL. Weisgarber from Fargo and Mario L. and Marto from GF are both playing. There is a lot of high end talent in the 87-88 age group from ND.

Hopefully some of these kids will get UND's attention (besides Marto obviously).

I hope he is coming in 08. The reason I say this is because I would like to see one or two other guys get added to our 07 class that we may have given offers to already. I just hope this doesn't keep us from missing out on some other big names. (Gregoire, Lamoureaux, Blood, Nash)

i agree, its always nice to see a player develop for another year...and i would like to see either nash or bruneteau(who UND is or was interested in) come here too. i also have to say that i hate when people say that almost all of the top 2007 recruits are picked...UND alone has a couple of 2007 forwards in the mix...

Tim Hennesey reported this morning on the radio that the Sioux received a verbal committment from Brett Hextall from Penticton. He is the son of former Flyer goalie Ron Hextall. Hennesey apparently said he has a nasty streak to him as he is leading his team in scoring and penalties. Currenly he has 14 pts and 69 penalty minutes in 11 games.

So in the whole my class is better than your class recruiting wars, does these recent signing (with Malone and Hextal) shore things up a bit and give UND more strength. It seems to me you can never have enough scrappy gritty forwards that like to score Dirty Goals. I think some of these recruiting class wars look more like a beauty contests and lack the types of role players that win championships. Like I heard on XM 204 today you can put a bunch of great players together but doesn't mean your going to be a great team, the teams that win are the teams the play together the best.