SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Recruits

dagies

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fetch- Wanted him to be "great?" By what you say, you wanted him to be "perfect."

Right now, in many facets of the game, he is far better than most of our defensemen who we think of as great when they were freshmen. And he's only going to get better. Sorry if he's not as "great" as you thought he was gonna be. However, to say he's done anything to be a disappointment is, well, insane.

tnt is right. For as bad as Lee and the defensive corps appear to be (or maybe the better word is "overrated" Fetch?) they've played awfully well all year long. And I don't believe it is solely because of our forwards and Matt Smaby. Matt can't be on the ice 60 minutes a game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a projection if things go to heck in a handbasket. I'd appreciate it if posters here would correct or project their own idea of a contingency.

The contingency is as follows: Lost to the NHL are Smaby, Stafford, Zajac, Oshie, and Toews. Marvin and Prpich graduate. Bina, as an optimist, is cleared to play again.

We bring in Forney, Vandevelde, Zajac, Genoway, and Marto.

Genoway replaces Marvin (based on similarity between rolls as both can play forward and defense)

Zajac replaces Prpich (No real reason behind this)

Forney replaces Stafford

Vandevelde replaces Zajac

Marto replaces Smaby

Because Oshie and Toews leave early, UND brings in Trupp a year early (this of course assumes that Trupp is graduating in May).

This leaves us one forward short (replacing Toews).

This does change the outlook on our recruiting picture, and I think Marvin would commit soon after this because it would seem that he could make a quicker impact with the Sioux.

Now, NONE of this contingency is that terrible to overcome UNLESS Parise leaves early. That would put us in a bind as Lamoureax wouldn't have a tested backup. Nothing against Walski, but I'd love to have a guy who can step in and not lose a beat (like we currently have for the most part).

John Murray, a Goaltender in the USHL, seems to be highly touted among uncommitted NCAA eligible goaltenders as far as the ISS is concerned. I don't know if he'd be eligible in the fall (he is a 1987 birthdate IIRC) or if Hakstol and company think Murray would be a good fit with the Sioux, but it is a thought...

I think we can recover nicely as long as we don't lose a goaltender. What do you all think?

Here's a projection if things go to heck in a handbasket. I'd appreciate it if posters here would correct or project their own idea of a contingency.

The contingency is as follows: Lost to the NHL are Smaby, Stafford, Zajac, Oshie, and Toews. Marvin and Prpich graduate. Bina, as an optimist, is cleared to play again.

We bring in Forney, Vandevelde, Zajac, Genoway, and Marto.

Genoway replaces Marvin (based on similarity between rolls as both can play forward and defense)

Zajac replaces Prpich (No real reason behind this)

Forney replaces Stafford

Vandevelde replaces Zajac

Marto replaces Smaby

Because Oshie and Toews leave early, UND brings in Trupp a year early (this of course assumes that Trupp is graduating in May).

This leaves us one forward short (replacing Toews).

This does change the outlook on our recruiting picture, and I think Marvin would commit soon after this because it would seem that he could make a quicker impact with the Sioux.

Now, NONE of this contingency is that terrible to overcome UNLESS Parise leaves early. That would put us in a bind as Lamoureax wouldn't have a tested backup. Nothing against Walski, but I'd love to have a guy who can step in and not lose a beat (like we currently have for the most part).

John Murray, a Goaltender in the USHL, seems to be highly touted among uncommitted NCAA eligible goaltenders as far as the ISS is concerned. I don't know if he'd be eligible in the fall (he is a 1987 birthdate IIRC) or if Hakstol and company think Murray would be a good fit with the Sioux, but it is a thought...

I think we can recover nicely as long as we don't lose a goaltender. What do you all think?

i may be wrong with this but is this the 1st year in a while now that we dont have a shattuck recruit coming in...not that it matters since we have the whole damn system already at UND but just curious :sad:

i may be wrong with this but is this the 1st year in a while now that we dont have a shattuck recruit coming in...not that it matters since we have the whole damn system already at UND but just curious :sad:

Genoway did play for SSM, before going to the BCHL after graduating from HS.

Unfortunate that Dowzak decided to go the major junior route.