SiouxSports.com Forum

Media Stories on the Sioux Name

star2city

What does the UND AD do now to measure how much money they're receiving from 'official' UND merchandise sales? Whatever it is, keep doing that and see that there is no drop-off in sales.

I would be willing to bet there would be a measureable drop off in sales and that you would have people wearing their Fighting Sioux jerseys and not the new ones. You're underestimating the importance of the Fighting Sioux logo.

I would be willing to bet there would be a measureable drop off in sales and that you would have people wearing their Fighting Sioux jerseys and not the new ones. You're underestimating the importance of the Fighting Sioux logo.

The good thing about merchandise is that it wears out, so people keep buying new. There aren't that many ultra-bitter fans like you who would boycott any Sioux-less merchandise, so I think it would be minimal.

The good thing about merchandise is that it wears out, so people keep buying new. There aren't that many ultra-bitter fans like you who would boycott any Sioux-less merchandise, so I think it would be minimal.

I would rather be bitter than clueless.

Really! I look forward to your exhaustive and extensive quantitative study on this.

I feel I am correct.

And I know you are wrong. Just because you feel that 2+2=5 doesnt make it correct. You have no clue as to how many people all around the country that have no ties to UND purchase UND apparel largely because of the logo....I have seen it first hand and talked with people wearing the gear. It is one of the most recognizeable logos in all of college sports. I was at a spring training game in Florida recently wearing a polo shirt with the Sioux logo on it and nothing else signifying the University of North Dakota and had probably 10-15 people come up and talk to me because they recognized the logo and associated it with UND and they were from all over the country.

Wow, I must have missed NDSU's press conference relating the massive windfall the Bison athletic department received from the tournament due to

Oakland's participation in the big dance. Should be just about enough to pay my retainer to defend the current Bison Athletes. Anybody besides me

remember the Bison steriod scandal, or how about the Dick family shoplifting enterprise. Oh please, don't even try to compare the minor issues of Frattin, Finley or any of the hockey players, these guys are angelic compared to the thugs at MooU.

I apologize for interrupting the love fest for MPLSBison that is going on, but moving back on topic of the thread....

the petition on Standing Rock for a vote on the nickname is going before the Tribal Council tomorrow (Tuesday), this will tell us more and possibly give the Summit League some ideas of where this might go as well.

Click here to read the article

ok, you can go back to the old conversation now!

I apologize for interrupting the love fest for MPLSBison that is going on, but moving back on topic of the thread....

the petition on Standing Rock for a vote on the nickname is going before the Tribal Council tomorrow (Tuesday), this will tell us more and possibly give the Summit League some ideas of where this might go as well.

Click here to read the article

ok, you can go back to the old conversation now!

Yes, I agree. Please stop feeding this absolute dolt.

But the Summit will have at least one member in the tournament every year. So that is money you're missing out on every year you're not a member. Plus, when (not if) a Summit member wins a game, that's more money. And when (not if) the Summit gets two teams in, that's more money.

Get on board or keep losing money in the Great West, a pretty easy decision for a businessman.

Maybe if we huuury up and get into the Summit, we can use the landfall of money from the NCAA tourney to build a big new arena where we can draw thousands of fans to our games and get all of the cash from some high attendance figures!! Then our programs will have some cash and wont have to make decisions that go against our principals just for the all mighty dollar :lol:

And I know you are wrong. Just because you feel that 2+2=5 doesnt make it correct. You have no clue as to how many people all around the country that have no ties to UND purchase UND apparel largely because of the logo....I have seen it first hand and talked with people wearing the gear. It is one of the most recognizeable logos in all of college sports. I was at a spring training game in Florida recently wearing a polo shirt with the Sioux logo on it and nothing else signifying the University of North Dakota and had probably 10-15 people come up and talk to me because they recognized the logo and associated it with UND and they were from all over the country.

Like I said, the UND athletic department won't see a single cent loss of revenue from 'official' merchandise sales.

Steve Fool Bear http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/157278/

Although many anti-logo activists may view this as a victory and the near end of their fight, I can tell them as being one the thousands of Standing Rock tribal members whose civil rights have been trampled on that this fight has just begun.

The Sioux people are neither victims, hypocrites nor the enemies of North Dakota. It is the 21st century, and