SiouxSports.com Forum

Media Stories on the Sioux Name

star2city

Really great debate on attendance figures, so you Bison lovers, why don't you look at the attendance at the majority of Summit League

regular season basketball games, yeh that's what I thought, low...Now how about that Oakland team, the winner of the vaunted Summit League, they get

blasted by 20+ in first round of "big dance" and I suppose that's the greatest sports moment in Oakland history, you guys are the rodents of this board.

Really great debate on attendance figures, so you Bison lovers, why don't you look at the attendance at the majority of Summit League

regular season basketball games, yeh that's what I thought, low...Now how about that Oakland team, the winner of the vaunted Summit League, they get

blasted by 20+ in first round of "big dance" and I suppose that's the greatest sports moment in Oakland history, you guys are the rodents of this board.

The point still remains unchallenged: UND need to get into an auto-bid bball conference as soon as possible. If that means the nickname has to go, then it has to go.

How many UND alumni live in the cities? Even still, it's not that far of a drive from Grand Forks or Fargo to the cities.

Thanks for proving my point.

You really must be an even dimmer bulb than I thought possible. YOU were the one that said that the WCHA Final 5 had better attendance figures than the Big 10 Basketball tournament because most fans and teams could drive instead of fly to St. Paul, whereas they couldn't to Indianapolis. So I put out the distances from all schools to each respective tournament and prove your argument false...So what do you do? You thank me for proving your point.... :silly: What a dumb a$$

You must be inhaling whatever it is you are inflating your girlfriend with these days....No brains, ,no headache...

You really must be an even dimmer bulb than I thought possible. YOU were the one that said that the WCHA Final 5 had better attendance figures than the Big 10 Basketball tournament because most fans and teams could drive instead of fly to St. Paul, whereas they couldn't to Indianapolis. So I put out the distances from all schools to each respective tournament and prove your argument false...So what do you do? You thank me for proving your point.... :silly: What a dumb a$

You must be inhaling whatever it is you are inflating your girlfriend with these days....No brains, ,no headache...

Why are you assuming that 100% of the fanbases of these schools (in both cases, WCHA and B10 tourny) are driving from the location of the school?

Think before you write.

Why are you assuming that 100% of the fanbases of these schools (in both cases, WCHA and B10 tourny) are driving from the location of the school?

Think before you write.

Think before you write? Wow, you truly are a dolt of epic proportions. ... Okay, for the last time... In post #3539, you wrote "WCHA at Xcel likely means schools within a few hours drive", and "Not true for NCAA game at Metrodome of Big 10 Tournament". So I listed the travel distances for the WCHA and Big 10 teams, thus destroying your argument yet again, which really isn't that difficult. You actually do it yourself on occasioin.

I'm getting tired of having to explain your own arguments to you. Maybe its time to hit the ignore button like most others do where you're concerned.

You are very fortunate that your inflatable girlfriend can't talk or write.... Hmmm, the stories she could tell. Oops, I did assume that your inflatable buddy is the female model, and that may not be correct. If not, I stand corrected. It's a pretty safe bet that it's named Joe....or Jo...

Think before you write? Wow, you truly are a dolt of epic proportions. ... Okay, for the last time... In post #3539, you wrote "WCHA at Xcel likely means schools within a few hours drive", and "Not true for NCAA game at Metrodome of Big 10 Tournament". So I listed the travel distances for the WCHA and Big 10 teams, thus destroying your argument yet again, which really isn't that difficult. You actually do it yourself on occasioin.

I'm getting tired of having to explain your own arguments to you. Maybe its time to hit the ignore button like most others do where you're concerned.

You are very fortunate that your inflatable girlfriend can't talk or write.... Hmmm, the stories she could tell. Oops, I did assume that your inflatable buddy is the female model, and that may not be correct. If not, I stand corrected. It's a pretty safe bet that it's named Joe....or Jo...

My point is that many of the people who actually go to the Xcel center to watch college hockey likely live in or less than hour away from the twin cities, which could arguably be called one of the meccas of college hockey.

The fans of the Big Ten bball schools are vastly spread out, but comparison.

The much better thing to look at would be TV numbers. That's the true measure. And quite obviously, NCAA bball blows college hockey out of the water for TV numbers.

My point is that many of the people who actually go to the Xcel center to watch college hockey likely live in or less than hour away from the twin cities, which could arguably be called one of the meccas of college hockey.

The fans of the Big Ten bball schools are vastly spread out, but comparison.

The much better thing to look at would be TV numbers. That's the true measure. And quite obviously, NCAA bball blows college hockey out of the water for TV numbers.

Yeah, I think there were 17 people watching Oakland lose to Pitt in Milwaukee the other day on TV while there were 10000 folks disguised as empty blue chairs watching in person.

Yeah, I think there were 17 people watching Oakland lose to Pitt in Milwaukee the other day on TV while there were 10000 folks disguised as empty blue chairs watching in person.

How about the TV ratings of the WCHA tournament versus just the games of the Big Ten tournament televised on national TV (on CBS)?

Since we were talking about the Big Ten bball tourny vs. the WCHA hockey tournament.

Mplsbison is peristent. Eventually he will come up with something. You would think that for as many times as he has been taken apart he would eventaully go away and hide.

Or maybe his stance is irrelevant and he just wants to cause a stir amongst us and get us all riled up...

Because all he has to do is to post ANYTHING and that's accomplished.

He could post the score of the latest NCAA bouncyball tourney game and it would get a rise.

He goes away when we ignore him. The more we "reason" with him, the more he comes around because he loves stirring the pot.

Good grief people. Sometimes it isn't the message at all. It's the fun of causing others, right or wrong, discomfort.

Hopefully this will get this thread back on to the subject at hand...

STANDING ROCK NICKNAME SUPPORTERS SUBMIT PETITION FOR BALLOT MEASURE

They have 1,004 signatures on the petition!! The total voter turnout last September was 1,900, so this looks promising.

Charles Murphy said his office will start to verify the names on Tuesday, and if they check out, his staff will draft a resolution to bring to the Tribal Council early next month.

Link from the Heraldo

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/155216/

They have 1,004 signatures on the petition!! The total voter turnout last September was 1,900, so this looks promising.

Charles Murphy said his office will start to verify the names on Tuesday, and if they check out, his staff will draft a resolution to bring to the Tribal Council early next month.

Link from the Heraldo

That's encouraging. Hopefully the names check out.

Northern Iowa just beat the #1 overall seed Kansas.

So UND has just a good of chance to win MBB as they do hockey.

You really don't have a clue, UND is a power house in College Hockey, in Men's Basketball they had trouble winning in Division II.

Swing and a miss skippy.

Powerhouses in basketball, how many NC does North Carolina, Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan State or any other school have. As I recall, North Carolina has what about 3, Kansas has what about 3, Indiana has what about 3, Michigan State has what about 3, and of course UCLA has 11. Are they all not thought of as powerhouses in college basketball. Recent championships do not define a powerhouse, year in and year out opportunity for a championship, that is a powerhouse, and that describes University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey....

Powerhouses in basketball, how many NC does North Carolina, Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan State or any other school have. As I recall, North Carolina has what about 3, Kansas has what about 3, Indiana has what about 3, Michigan State has what about 3, and of course UCLA has 11. Are they all not thought of as powerhouses in college basketball. Recent championships do not define a powerhouse, year in and year out opportunity for a championship, that is a powerhouse, and that describes University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey....

How many does Duke have in the last 10 years? 1. But they definitely are still considered a powerhouse. Kansas? 1, again powerhouse. NC? 2

UND has 1 in the last 10 years, 2 runner ups, 3 third place finished. I would say were still a powerhouse.

It's getting to be about time for the boys to win another NC. Much longer and we won't be able to claim the "power house" line anymore. Seriously, there's 58 teams... NC's define a powerhouse, and were coming up on 10 years without one. Who has the most NC's in the last ten years anyways? BC?? BU?? DU?? Does anyone have three??

BC - 2 (2001, 2008), BU 1 (2009), DU 2 (2004,2005) no one with three.

Link from the Heraldo

Back on track. This is good news for the nickname.

How is this news? There's nothing really new...

But I suppose the Herald is going to print something every time someone on SR sneezes? :D

Let me know when something actually happens on SR.

DEAL...no more posts by you until I notify you that something of importance has happened on Standing Rock! :D