SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will the Sioux get next?

siouxnami

Which player would you most like to see sign?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you most like to see sign?

• Jon Ammerman
    • Tysen Dowzak
    • Angelo Esposito
    • Joe Finley
    • Chay Genoway
    • Kyle Hardwick
    • Mario Lamoureux
    • Darcy Zajac
    • Other

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To kind of reply to Sicatoka's post the ideal team has 26 total players. For a good practice you want 15 forwards 8 Defensemen and 3 goalies. Dean Blais always had a utility guy like Murphy, Hasbargen, Marvin, Foyt. Last year they were one guy short after Moreland left. With only 18 scholarships, it may be a challenge sometimes to get 26 commited players. You will never see an expensive school like CC have 26 players.

This is probably as challenging of an off season as a coach could have. With a huge senior class graduating,and not knowing if Kaip and Bina will be cleared to play, and the other question is if Matt Greene comes back. I am sure inside the walls of Ralph Engelstad Arena they have all the answers or a plan for each case. That is why I am sure Oshie is on hold and although they dont want to, they can always bring in a guy at semester (christmas) break.

Maybe they will have Miller play another year in USHL and they bring in Oshie.

I think they have a 3rd goalie, but they wont have a press confrence to announce it.

To kind of reply to Sicatoka's post the ideal team has 26 total players.  For a good practice you want 15 forwards 8 Defensemen and 3 goalies.  Dean Blais always had a utility guy like Murphy, Hasbargen, Marvin, Foyt.  Last year they were one guy short after Moreland left.  With only 18 scholarships, it may be a challenge sometimes to get 26 commited players.  You will never see an expensive school like CC have 26 players.

This is probably as challenging of an off season as a coach could have.  With a huge senior class graduating,and not knowing if Kaip and Bina will be cleared to play,  and the other question is if Matt Greene comes back. I am sure inside the walls of Ralph Engelstad Arena they have all the answers or a plan for each case. That is why I am sure Oshie is on hold and although they dont want to, they can always bring in a guy at semester (christmas) break. 

I think they have a 3rd goalie, but they wont have a press confrence to announce it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be a local kid or something. If it would have been someone really publisized. you would have heard something about it all ready or they would have a press or something to announce it. Either way its a plus for the sioux.....

To kind of reply to Sicatoka's post the ideal team has 26 total players.  For a good practice you want 15 forwards 8 Defensemen and 3 goalies.  Dean Blais always had a utility guy like Murphy, Hasbargen, Marvin, Foyt.  Last year they were one guy short after Moreland left.  With only 18 scholarships, it may be a challenge sometimes to get 26 commited players.  You will never see an expensive school like CC have 26 players.

This is probably as challenging of an off season as a coach could have.  With a huge senior class graduating,and not knowing if Kaip and Bina will be cleared to play,  and the other question is if Matt Greene comes back. I am sure inside the walls of Ralph Engelstad Arena they have all the answers or a plan for each case. That is why I am sure Oshie is on hold and although they dont want to, they can always bring in a guy at semester (christmas) break. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a few notes:

I'm not positive that will happen to Miller. He seemed to have the surgery for his rotator cuff before Murray had his sugery. Since all the info I've found point to a recovery period of up to 6 months, that would put Miller's return to action before Murray's (assuming if Murray's injury takes 6 months as well to heal).

Second, there is no indication that Kaip won't be ready for next season. I would expect him to face conditioning issues as one doesn't sit out more than half of a season and expect to jump in at 100 percent after an offseason on top of it.

Third, if there were a third goaltender added to the team, there may not have been any press about it, but there would have at least been a name or a roster update.

Third, if there were a third goaltender added to the team, there may not have been any press about it, but there would have at least been a name or a roster update.

Not if the person would be an incoming freshman.

A school can announce signed if someone signs a national letter of intent. (They can't announce someone planning to walk on.)

Plus, even if someone signs, the school can only announce the signing. They can't start using the name in official materials (like rosters) until the person is on campus full time.

Not if the person would be an incoming freshman.

A school can announce signed if someone signs a national letter of intent. (They can't announce someone planning to walk on.)

Plus, even if someone signs, the school can only announce the signing. They can't start using the name in official materials (like rosters) until the person is on campus full time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bah. I hate the offseason even more now. ;)

I want to know these things! :D;)

None of the above.

Fargo (ND) The Fargo-Moorhead Jets Junior A Hockey team is proud to announce that defenseman Todd Alexander, has signed to play Division I ice hockey. Alexander has signed on to play for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux in Grand Forks, ND beginning next Fall.

Alexander, a New Hope, MN native becomes the first Jet to join the Fighting Sioux in the franchise

Considering what we've got coming in on D, e.g., Lee, Chorney, etc., not exactly stellar numbers, but maybe he's a "defensive defenseman". Anyway, welcome aboard, Todd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

100 to 1 he's next season's Scotty Foyt (although I think Foyt was a better prospect). He'll likely not play a whole lot. Hopefully we didn't waste a schollie on him. I feel there were better D out there.

I feel there were better D out there.

Ok Hammy.

In Hak we trust. I hardly think he would have made an impulsive decision on committing a big scholarship to a below average defender who he will only have to cut later.....

:D

Ok Hammy.

In Hak we trust. I hardly think he would have made an impulsive decision on committing a big scholarship to a below average defender who he will only have to cut later.....

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, I will leave the recruiting to Hak and the boys. I will trust their analyzing and evaluating of potential players.

I'm not even sure where the comparison to Scott Foyt plays into this either.

To answer the question posed in the subject of this thread:

Ryan Martens is not going to be returning this coming 2005/06 season to the Quesnel Millionaires, instead he is going to be playing for the University of North Dakota. Martens comments, "I would like to thank the Millionaires organization for all their hard work and dedication into helping me become a better player and a better person. A special thanks to Dan Kuzek and Jamie Leach for giving me the opportunity to play for the Millionaires. My stay in Quesnel was rewarding and enjoyable, and I will look back on it with great memories. I would also like to thank my billet family, the Penner's, for giving me a home away from home. I wish the Millionaires good luck in their upcoming season." The Mills organization wishes Ryan all the best in his future endeavors, and thank him and his family for their commitment to the Quesnel Milloinaires.

This is a post on the BCHL message board today.

Martens BCHL Profile

2nd on Team in Regular Season Scoring

Overall he was 34th in scoring in the BCHL regular season with 22-40-62. For comparison Watkins was 11th at 36-38-74.

He's one of the few players listed as a Center.

Les Reaney is on Heisenbergs web site commiting to Niagara

Here's another recent post on the BCHL site. I realize anyone can write anything. But it's fairly consistent with other stuff that has been found on Reaney

Les is currently talking with Niagara. They, like all schools looking at Les, are concerned with his conditioning and work ethic away from the rink. I think he may end up going to NU. He would be the third Viper alumni to head to Niagara.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Up date on Kaip. He has been symptom free for over 8 weeks and has been cleared to resume to full activity. He has been doing full work outs with the team for over 2 weeks with no problems. Every indication is a full recovery ,god willing. I think he had great start last fall with solid games in the fisrt two series, apparently as early as then pcs started to show up. I expect him to be a key player this fall.

popeye, thanks for the great news. I thought Kaip showed promise last year and it's heartening to hear he's been symptom free now for some time. I will admit it dragged on long enough I was beginning to worry that his career might be over.

Good luck, Rylan!

To answer the question posed in the subject of this thread:

This is a post on the BCHL message board today.

Martens BCHL Profile

2nd on Team in Regular Season Scoring

Overall he was 34th in scoring in the BCHL regular season with 22-40-62. For comparison Watkins was 11th at 36-38-74.

He's one of the few players listed as a Center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my, I hope that image is stretched... :D:D:D

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/1413%5Cgraphics%5CMartins.jpg