SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will the Sioux get next?

siouxnami

Which player would you most like to see sign?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you most like to see sign?

• Jon Ammerman
    • Tysen Dowzak
    • Angelo Esposito
    • Joe Finley
    • Chay Genoway
    • Kyle Hardwick
    • Mario Lamoureux
    • Darcy Zajac
    • Other

Does Jordan McIntyre have a real chance of being recruited by the sioux or any other D1 program? He was about 3rd on his team last year in scoring and was the MVP in the ANAVET Cup. He is again playing in Portage. What are everyones thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think McIntyre has a very good chance of catching on with a D-I team. Portage has a decent program and a number of their players have ended up in the WCHA over the years. Is he good enough to be considered by the Sioux? I have no idea as I have not seen him play since he was in high school. Good luck to him - I heard that Jake Vigen is going to play in Portage this coming year.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think McIntyre has a very good chance of catching on with a D-I team. Portage has a decent program and a number of their players have ended up in the WCHA over the years. Is he good enough to be considered by the Sioux? I have no idea as I have not seen him play since he was in high school. Good luck to him - I heard that Jake Vigen is going to play in Portage this coming year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jake Vigen is still in the tryout process for Portage and will hopefully be playing for them

this coming year, their pre-season exhibition games start tomorrow and go thru 9/12. Jordan cannot play for a month because of his shoulder injury. Good Luck to them both.

Some info on Mario Lamoureux ;

Out west, Mario Lamoureux has left the training camp of the Red Deer Rustlers in order to think over his decision. His older brother, Philippe, is a goalie with North Dakota, and his other brother, Pierre-Paul, plays for Red Deer. Mario has an offer to North Dakota on the table.

Out west, Mario Lamoureux has left the training camp of the Red Deer Rustlers in order to think over his decision. His older brother, Philippe, is a goalie with North Dakota, and his other brother, Pierre-Paul, plays for Red Deer. Mario has an offer to North Dakota on the table.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure that I understand. I thought Mario was in the USHL at Tri-City. Is he at Red Deer instead? Also, what do you mean he has an offer North Dakota? Do you mean he has a scholarship offer from UND? If so, for when? He is an 88 and is the equivalent of a junior in high school. Thanks.

I'm not sure that I understand. I thought Mario was in the USHL at Tri-City. Is he at Red Deer instead? Also, what do you mean he has an offer North Dakota? Do you mean he has a scholarship offer from UND? If so, for when? He is an 88 and is the equivalent of a junior in high school. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I understand it, there is no penalty for attending the training camp of a major junior team. It is alot like tryouts for any other junior team. If you get invited to the next stage of training camp, there are usually eligibility penalties for changing your mind, but in this case, Mario left camp before that stage could commence.

Going on...

Is David Toews a 2008 or 2009 recruit class member? He's not listed on Heisenberg at all.

EDIT: Here's an interesting add on. I spoke with a postal worker yesterday whose sun is a freshman at Moorhead High School. He knows all of the varsity hockey players and their folks from the past year and he spoke to me about Brian Lee and Jordy Christian. Apart from telling me that Lee is going to be a great Dman for the Sioux (he did say Brian needs to put on some weight), he said that Jordy wants to follow in Dad's footsteps. Right now, though, he's off playing in midgets in Illinois, so that's not good news for the runner ups of the state hockey tourney.

Edited by redwing77

EDIT: Here's an interesting add on. I spoke with a postal worker yesterday whose sun is a freshman at Moorhead High School. He knows all of the varsity hockey players and their folks from the past year and he spoke to me about Brian Lee and Jordy Christian. Apart from telling me that Lee is going to be a great Dman for the Sioux (he did say Brian needs to put on some weight), he said that Jordy wants to follow in Dad's footsteps. Right now, though, he's off playing in midgets in Illinois, so that's not good news for the runner ups of the state hockey tourney.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jordy is not in Illinois, that is his cousin Beau who is a goalie (Dave's son). Jordy is Eddie's son and will be a junior at Moorhead HS. With no disrepect to Eddie, Jordy is WAY more talented than his dad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not creating the information, just passing it on as I read it. The info came from Heisbenberg's recruiting blog.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That info came from here: http://hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com/2005/08/quick-hits.html

Here's some slightly older info from Red Deer's official web site:

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/display_story.php?story_id=747

Mario Lamoureux, the younger brother of Rebels defenceman Pierre-Paul, will attend Red Deer's Western Hockey League training camp starting Aug. 24 at the Centrium. "He'll go through camp and then decide whether he wants to stay," said Sutter. "I think he can come in and be a very good player for us, yet he's got to want to do that." As a 16-year-old, Mario Lamoureux garnered six goals and 21 points in 57 games with the Tri-City Storm of the junior A USHL last season. The five-foot-10, 185-pound forward also racked up 64 minutes in penalties. "He's really skilled and skates very well, and he's rugged," said Sutter. "He also has a great understanding of the game. Now we'll see what he wants to do."

Jordy is not in Illinois, that is his cousin Beau who is a goalie (Dave's son). Jordy is Eddie's son and will be a junior at Moorhead HS. With no disrepect to Eddie, Jordy is WAY more talented than his dad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember Eddie Christian as a smaller forward with speed and some feistiness, but not a lot of skill.

Jordy has potential, but I think he has a long way to go. He's skilled, but he's not very big, and he had only a modest impact for the Spuds last year as a sophomore. This will be a big year for him.

Does any one know if Mario is a 06 or 07 recruit. Heisbenberg has him listed as a 06 but I read in an above post that he is 16 and going to be a junior in high school. He sounds like a very good prospect and hopefully he plays the rest of his high school days in the USHL so he can become a Sioux in the future.

Does any one know if Mario is a 06 or 07 recruit.  Heisbenberg has him listed as a 06 but I read in an above post that he is 16 and going to be a junior in high school.  He sounds like a very good prospect and hopefully he plays the rest of his high school days in the USHL so he can become a Sioux in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is an 11th grader and should be an 07 recruit.

On Heisenberg's blog he has who he thinks will be rookie of the year in every league and who will be  all-rookie team. He also has that Mario article.

http://hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The WCHA all rookie team is where I expect it except for that I'd probably replace Nolan with Frazee (UMN).

My reasoning is well documented.

Here is a couple other BCHL ers to follow.

TJ Mulock Surrey... He may lead the league in scoring.*

Brandon Wong: Merrit. may be to small.

Chay Genoway and Hunter Bishop: Vernon.

Justin Taylor Langley: Great Blood lines*

Bert Watkins Alberni Valley: Brother of Matt, but we have enough D.

Keith Seabrook Burnaby.

Saskatchewan League may have some studs to follow this year.

Here is a couple other BCHL ers to follow.

TJ Mulock Surrey... He may lead the league in scoring.*

Brandon Wong: Merrit. may be to small.

Chay Genoway and Hunter Bishop: Vernon.

Justin Taylor Langley:  Great Blood lines*

Bert Watkins Alberni Valley:  Brother of Matt, but we have enough D.

Keith Seabrook Burnaby.

Saskatchewan League may have some studs to follow this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We won't have room for all of them but I agree that Taylor and Seabrook have the potential to do extremely well this year.