SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux seniors

schmidtdoggydog

I thought this would be a good place to track what this year's seniors do now that they have finished their college careers (the end of the season is just too fresh to put the info in the former players thread, imo).

I heard this afternoon that Genoway flew out earlier today to play a few games with Hartford of the AHL (Rangers affiliate). If true, I wish him well.

I thought this would be a good place to track what this year's seniors do now that they have finished their college careers (the end of the season is just too fresh to put the info in the former players thread, imo).

I heard this afternoon that Genoway flew out earlier today to play a few games with Hartford of the AHL (Rangers affiliate). If true, I wish him well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone found any of the AHL playoff games on TV. Fox Sports net (with a dish sports pak)? Anywhere else?

Hope Colby does well in his AHL debut.

I am a student at UND and have a class with many of the hockey players, I thought it was funny that out of all the seniors in that class (schneider,genoway,fuhr,McMahon, and brandt) Brandt was the only one in class today. Maybe because he is the only one who might not play professional hockey and actually needs schooling for a career. I am also happy to report that Mr. Green was in class today ( hopefully a sign that he is going to stick around for the rest of the year and also next year)

I am a student at UND and have a class with many of the hockey players, I thought it was funny that out of all the seniors in that class (schneider,genoway,fuhr,McMahon, and brandt) Brandt was the only one in class today.  Maybe because he is the only one who might not play professional hockey and actually needs schooling for a career.  I am also happy to report that Mr. Green was in class today ( hopefully a sign that he is going to stick around for the rest of the year and also next year)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It speaks nothing either way. Brandt could very well sign with some semi-pro or pro team after the school year is out. And Greene could still leave. Bochenski left after the school year ended, IIRC.

It speaks nothing either way.  Brandt could very well sign with some semi-pro or pro team after the school year is out.  And Greene could still leave.  Bochenski left after the school year ended, IIRC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brandt 99.9% will not, He's already looking for jobs. I'm sure many of the hockey players- any age, arnt going to many classes. I'm sure there having a drinking fest. :D:lol::0???

I just got back from the fan appreciation event at the Ralph. They annouced there that Colby Genoway did go to join the Hartford Wolf Pack and that Nick Fuher would be joining the Utah Grizzlies. I also spoke with Jake Brandt and he's kind of undecided on what's next for him. He said that playing here before these fans in this arena couldn't be matched anywhere else.

I just got back from the fan appreciation event at the Ralph. They annouced there that Colby Genoway did go to join the Hartford Wolf Pack and that Nick Fuher would be joining the Utah Grizzlies. I also spoke with Jake Brandt and he's kind of undecided on what's next for him. He said that playing here before these fans in this arena couldn't be matched anywhere else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good for them. I am hoping that Utah can be a stepping stone to a better pro league such as the ECHL or maybe even the AHL for Nick Fuher.

Good for them.  I am hoping that Utah can be a stepping stone to a better pro league such as the ECHL or maybe even the AHL for Nick Fuher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Utah is in the AHL. They are the Coyotes affiliate. I love when you say stuff like this. It allows me to laugh at you. :lol:???

My mom talked to Jake and he's very proud to be getting his degree done in four years.

If anyone was at the Crowne, my mom brought my brother and I and her mom. She was great. Got the whole team to autograph a penant, talked to Eddie and he took pictures with us. She is currently working on putting CD's of pictures together for each player. I don't even think she watched the games she was taking so many pictures. Just thought I should thank her since I mentioned her.

Nick Fuher would be joining the Utah Grizzlies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet, there's hope for me yet. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see any hockey living in Idaho Falls after graduation, but it looks like it will only be a 2 1/2 hour drive to see the Grizzlies on days when I'm desperate for some live action.

Sweet, there's hope for me yet.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see any hockey living in Idaho Falls after graduation, but it looks like it will only be a 2 1/2 hour drive to see the Grizzlies on days when I'm desperate for some live action.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How will the Wookie feel when he finds out you are cheating on him to go watch the "Gorgeous Hunk of Meat"?

Now don't go calling Ballard a punk. Taffe maybe, but not Ballard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ballard's a punk in my eyes, could never stand him as a Goofer. Always taking cheap shots when the refs weren't looking and would never stand up when challenged. That is the definition of a punk on skates.

Now don't go calling Ballard a punk. Taffe maybe, but not Ballard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeff "after the wistle" Taffe was the kind of the face watch. I wish one of the Sioux would have pounded his @$$.

I heard a while back like sometime in Dec. or Jan.  that Taffe got his a$$ kicked pretty good and had to miss part of the season if not all because his cheek bones where broke.  Basically someone rearranged his face.  Not sure if true but I think so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, he got his lights punched out (broken orbital bone) over a month ago by Manchester's Joe Ruiller