SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You SS.com and Members

Fedorov

I want to take this time to thank the members of ss.com. I think hockey is the best sport in the world. It only gets better when you can enjoy it with other people. I want to mention who I think has made this a great season at ss.com. I did this rather quickly, so I am sure there are mistakes. If I did not spell your name right, if you think I should have included you, or if you would like your name removed from the list, just PM me. This is not meant to upset anyone, just a chance to show my appreciation.

I want to first thank Jim Dahl for having this great site. Obviously we wouldn

Edited by Fedorov

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd this...great site and very lucky to have it for our sioux hockey fix..thanks to all that run the board and the time and effort.1st class site...race for #8 starts very soon and can't wait for the team we will have so we can have many more great chats on this site........

diggler, your the man ??????

I would like to thank HockeyMom for being the mom that we all wish we had, and for having the coolest avatar.

Aw shucks! Thanks. ???

I started the off-season street hockey with a bang.

*points to scrape on chin from biffing it face first playing with Mini Me this afternoon*

People need to not give me dirty looks for refusing to move the goal, or get out of the way when they drive by.

Federov,

No manner how many degrees you get, you'll always be true Sioux green through and through. Here's hoping you end up somewhere and doing something where you can continue to check in, offer your thoughts and insight and support the Sioux. Make your reservations now. West Regional in GF. Frozen Four in Milwaukee. Next year is the year the final destination is reached. I know you'll be there with bells on.

First i would like to say Diggler i love your signature. haha. And secondly federov wheres the love?? you forgot me that hurts. haha i'm just kidding with ya. It's exciting to think of the talent the team will have next year coming in ??? We could have the top 2 lines in the country in my opinion with toews and all the guys from the BCHL coming in.

I'll chime in with a big thanks to Mr. Dahl and company for keeping this site alive and thriving. I just got back to Fargo and, while it hurts to see the headlines, I know that we will be there again next year or the next - you can't keep the Sioux out. When I looked up at the banners hanging in the Schottenstein it really struck me how difficult it really is to even get to the final four, even harder to win it all.

I met lots of great people and I hope to see you all again in Milwaukee next year.

I'd also like to thank all those responsible for making this site what it is. This has basically been my first full season as a die hard Sioux Hockey fan. The previous few have been a hesitant Bison fan "trying" to become a die hard Sioux hockey fan. It's been a great ride thus far, and have appreciated not getting ripped on for my skewed loyalties. I have learned to hate the Goofers, cringe at WCHA officiating, and actually purchased 3 pieces of Sioux apparel. Hope to see #8 next year, along with all the other posters that make this site great. Go Sioux!!!

I thank the people that log on during the games so I don't have to sit here and listen to the radio broadcast by myself. My wife thinks I'm a geek for doing the chat board during games but again she had no idea it was the championship game last night until she asked me when UND plays again. Thanks all for the awesome posts this year!!

I would also like to say thanks to Jim & Co. This site is invaluable information-wise and I honestly wouldn't have had the same level of fun I had this weekend w/out people coming up to me seemingly at random and asking me "are you gonna make the baptism?", "YOU'RE MAFIAMAN?" and other gems.

What an unbelievable time in Columbus and seriously, a lot of the fun I had I owe to this site. To Schmidtdoggydog, YaneA, siouxguyinstpaul, jozee, AZSioux, LadyDi, and anyone else I have missed mentioning here but met this weekend, thanks for saying hi. I hope you had a few laughs at my expense and enjoyed yourself as much as I did.

Though I usually avoid these lovefest threads, I'd like to join Fedorov's sentiment in thanking everyone who made this message board worth visiting this season -- everyone who contributed an analysis, an opinion, an inside scoop, or some personality. You're not just chatting with the people you know, but also creating additional Sioux coverage for the 90% of monthly visitors who never register or post.

I'm not a big sports message board guy and was very hesitant about this one. Some long email discussions with Glenn, Pat, and Kirk (including invaluable offers of assistance, on which I've always taken them up) convinced me that it was possible to address my concerns and create a forum different from most other sports forums. Though it's gotten harder over the years as it has grown and membership has turned over, I think we still have some of that original spirit left.

See you all next year.

Unfortunately, I only found this web site this year but have been a fan since the 70's. I moved from ND before the internet wave and only kept track of Sioux hockey through the newspaper snipets. It's great sharing and seeing the enthusiasm for the greatest game in the world. This web site and the people on it make Sioux hockey that much more enjoyable. Let's go Sioux!

Thanks Federov for starting this thread --

For me this website and the posters offer the 2 things every Sioux fan needs: information and humor!

A big "thank you" to all the posters; the variety (pre-80's people thru the current students, Sioux fans, Bison/GVS/Bulldogs/Gophers/etc. fans, parents) adds value to the Sioux fan experience.

Every time I see or hear Mapletoft, I can't help but smile. ???

Vaht?  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoops! So sorry should have included the thanks to our sudo reporter too!

On a side note if I had a Sioux jersey and had the name "Mapletoft" on the back would I get too many blank looks? ???