SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

Let the games begin, I am sure there will be plenty of Goofer fans signing up here for the first time in the coming days just like PissStar to try and rattle peoples cages. Ignore is the best method of making these type of punks go away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. It almost seems like the old POI "no newbies" during Gophs/Sioux week was a good plan. :angry:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, the locals are a little testy. Regarding experience:

In 1997 UND hadn't seen a Frozen Four in 10 years ... and it didn't matter, as they beat BU, the 1995 champion.

In 1999 Maine won after being down for a while.

In 2002, MN won after a decent absence from the Frozen Four.

It's a nice thought, that tournament experience matters, and maybe it does a little, but I think it's overdone as a deciding factor. I would put it behind "bounces" as an issue next week.

Yep. It almost seems like the old POI "no newbies" during Gophs/Sioux week was a good plan. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no problem at all with Gopher fans posting here especially the regulars throughout the season. When punks like PISSStar sign up and immediately start with the tired old "Sue" attack they are going to get jumped on. PISSSTAR is probably about an 18 year old kid with an 11 year old mentality based on his post. I am sure we will see plenty more of this in the days to come.

Okay, lets talk about two of the last three national titles?

Come on guys, I'm not saying the Sue have no shot, but it's not a cake walk for them, nor the gophers. i think the intensity will be excellent, but the "x" factors fall in favor of the Gophers. Your best chances are physical play and a better goal tender.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you say the the "X" factor favors the Goofers? Our defense is big, bruising and out weigh most of the smaller Gopher blue liners. Our goalie is much better than any of the two the Gopher can put on the ice. Besides it not at the X-cel energy center and the ice is NHL size I think the factors favor the Sioux if anything.

How can you say the the "X" factor favors the Goofers? Our defense is big, bruising and out weigh most of the smaller Gopher blue liners. Our goalie is much better than any of the two the Gopher can put on the ice. Besides it not at the X-cel energy center and the ice is NHL size I think the factors favor the Sioux if anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why give any attention to a nooB poster who can't even spell our name correctly?

S I O U X

Why give any attention to a nooB poster who can't even spell our name correctly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He does that because he knows that spelling "Sioux" correctly would tip the X factor in UND's favor. :lol:

Or maybe he just doesn't know how to spell. :angry:

Who else would like to put 8>5 instead? lets win it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darn right!! There is nothing that would make for a better summer than a win over the Goofers and a national championship. Their fans are one of the biggest reasons I hate the Goofers so much. Although I cannot stand Lucia and some of their players mainly Danny boy Irmen, Potulny and Tallackson as well as Vanilla. There are some Gopher fans that are decent and respectable but the majority of them that I have come into contact with are As*holes especially when they get the liquid courage in them like at the X for the final five.

No matter who wins next Thursday, they'll have one tough battle vs CC or DU, but that's another (Sioux) thread for 9pm next Thursday. If Greene doesn't take too many bad penalties we should prevail over the Gophs. I think the Sioux have a better chance of beating the Gophs protecting a lead than playing catch-up.

Darn right!! There is nothing that would make for a better summer than a win over the Goofers and a national championship. Their fans are one of the biggest reasons I hate the Goofers so much. Although I cannot stand Lucia and some of their players mainly Danny boy Irmen, Potulny and Tallackson as well as Vanilla. There are some Gopher fans that are decent and respectable but the majority of them that I have come into contact with are As*holes especially when they get the liquid courage in them like at the X for the final five.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mad that the ND boys headed to Min. or what? What's not to like about them?

I'm quite certain Parise can stand on Hirsch's head, IF HE WOULD JUST STOP SQUIRMING!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking of standing on one's head. The CU crew was all over Goldy during the second intermission as he did one of his gags. They were nailing him with "Learn to skate" and "ugly rodent", he then proceeds to do a head stand on the ice giving them a good look at his breezers. :angry:

In good sportsmanship the CU crowd even cheered the maneuver.

Okay, First off, I never said anything bad about you guys other than calling you Sue, much like you call us Rodents. get over it. Second, I'm not some 18 year old punk. My days watching the Gophers go back to 70's, not to mention being a season ticket holder. As for logging on today for the first time, yes I did, but not to piss anyone, just to see what was up and have a little fun. Get over yourselves.

Okay, First off, I never said anything bad about you guys other than calling you Sue, much like you call us Rodents. get over it. Second, I'm not some 18 year old punk. My days watching the Gophers go back to 70's, not to mention being a season ticket holder. As for logging on today for the first time, yes I did, but not to piss anyone, just to see what was up and have a little fun. Get over yourselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is to get over? We are so cool that you came to our site. You are just a wannabe.

Fair enough. I apologize for the Sue refferance. And congratulate you and a far better than expected season. Who would of thought we'd be facing off in the frozen four, not me (and that go for both teams). As for the Gophers, I thought we were one year away.

Like I said before the regionals, the Sioux WILL beat the goofies in the semi's (because, after all we ARE the better team) and will get sweet revenge by beating (and I do mean BEAT) Denver for the National Title. Just like in 1982 when we got revenge on the BADgers!!!! Goooooooooo Sioux!!!!

Fair enough. I apologize for the Sue refferance. And congratulate you and a far better than expected season. Who would of thought we'd be facing off in the frozen four, not me (and that go for both teams). As for the Gophers, I thought we were one year away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It definitely wasn't expected that UND would play so well at the end of the year. It also wasn't expected that the Gophers would get the easy regional for being the bottom #1 seed.

Does anyone here truly believe the Sioux have a decided advantage over Minnesota...or vice versa? Last weekend is history folks. It doesn't matter that Minnesota scored only 3 goals or that UND cruised to two unlikely wins...that has no bearing on Columbus. Geez, during the regular season how many times does your squad dismantle a team on Friday only to struggle on Saturday? It happens all the time...you have to bring it every night...take one shift off and you may be sent packing.

Any of the four remaining teams, with a little luck and goaltending, can beat the others. In fact, 4 weeks ago nobody would have given the Sioux or Minnesota much of a chance to get to the frozen four...now, it looks like anything is possible. That said, CC and Denver still have more talent (or at least experience) than MN and UND. That bracket is the odds on favorite to win it all...but that's why they play the game.