SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

Exactly. I think that the Sioux are the hotter team right now, but anything is possible in a Sioux/Gopher game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hate to say it, but who's hot no longer matters. There will be almost 2 weeks off, and all 4 teams know each other. Whoever comes to play will win, and if that's not enough - talent will finally be a factor.

Should be a heck of a tourney though, definately the 4 best teams for a change.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but who's hot no longer matters. There will be almost 2 weeks off, and all 4 teams know each other. Whoever comes to play will win, and if that's not enough - talent will finally be a factor.

Should be a heck of a tourney though, definately the 4 best teams for a change.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for stopping by Skippy... :angry:

The Gophers play and scores reflected the loss of two key players. The Sioux played as if they were all in the best of health and had a complete line up. The Goofs are going down! As for Denver, they beat us in OT. The guys may have been a little distracted after Robbie was hurt. Not gonna happen again. #8 is ours.

Maybe CC,MN, and DU should just stay home, according to most of you UND will win hands down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me get this straight: You're surprised that Sioux fans on a Sioux board expect the Sioux to win the Frozen Four? :lol::angry:

Let me get this straight: You're surprised that Sioux fans on a Sioux board expect the Sioux to win the Frozen Four? :lol::angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shocking, isn't it? Wonder how many ignored users this place can hold.

Yea it is a UND board, but take off the Green Goggles for 1 minute.  I like how the people that really know hockey on this board, think all the games will be close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure they will be close - what Gopher/Sioux games aren't? However - I see one team squeaking out a couple of wins at home in overtime against mediocre teams...I see another winning on the road...by a wide margin against the #1 team in the nation....

Yea it is a UND board, but take off the Green Goggles for 1 minute.  I like how the people that really know hockey on this board, think all the games will be close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Oops, was I suppose to take a hockey test before I started posting my opinions on this board? :angry:

I am not even gonna bother going over to GopherPuckLive and waste my time there. Waste enough of it here as it is. Nice to see that Bertibm, and other Gopher strollers, and sometimes trollers, like to come here to get their fix of hockey wisdom and insight. Don't let the mouse hit you in the hind end. I know that it is hard to find much other than the same old tired mantras over on the brown and yellow site.

Here is all that the people really need to know from here on in . . . .

Sioux-Gophers rivalry is, perhaps, the most storied in all of college hockey. Don't let any Gopher newbies tell you that they hate the Badgers worse. Sioux-Gophers find themselves in a Frozen Four match-up for first time since '79.

Tigers-Pioneers rivalry certainly is one of the most storied rivalry in all of college hockey as well. This is a first time match-up between them at the Frozen Four, best I can tell.

CC will get by Denver in a classic. Sioux will get by UM in a classic.

As such, the thugs, the prima donnas, and all of the talkers will be sitting on the sidelines Saturday night to watch the skaters and the clean hard hitters - playing for two of the classiest programs in the sport - play one more great game, just like the four that they have already played this year.

Winner? Why, the Sioux, of course. If you don't like these predictions, go waste your time somewhere else.

I got this off another board:

I feel physically ill. BC is the only team at any level of hockey that can outshoot a team 1.5-1, thoroughly outplay them for all except the first 10 minutes, and still lose by 3 goals.

Here was my resonse:

Did we watch the same game cause to me it looked like BC was UND's bitch?

BC was way over-rated, and it showed not only against Mercyhurst but against the Sioux.

Helps if your goalie's not a sieve either.

Here was my resonse:

BC was way over-rated, and it showed not only against Mercyhurst but against the Sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's easy to outshoot someone when your goalie allows no rebounds. :angry:

You maybe should give some props to the gopher goaltender who only gave up 1 goal all weekend. 

Now that I am done laughing, you could have slapped pads on your grandmother and she would have beat Maine and Cornell too. Both would have finished 11th and 12th this season if they were in the WCHA.

Here was my resonse:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daymn!!! Don't hurt me big momma!!! :angry:

Gotta love it. Trash talking already. I will give the Gophs some props for winning a couple of close games to advance to the FF. Beating Maine and Cornell in the friendly confines of The John not as impressive as bitch slapping a couple of teams in their own house but what happened this past weekend doesn't matter much now does it. Each team playing in Columbus earned the right to be there.

I think it's going to be a great Frozen Four. Obviously, I like the Sioux, as I have all year. They are peaking at the right time and have a group of Seniors on a mission. UM and DU will have the experience, CC and ND will have the hunger. I can't wait.

On a side note, I thought I read somewhere that all the Gophers had gotten crew cuts in a show of team unity back during their dry spell. If that's the case, what's with Talleckson? Didn't partake or just a recent client of that Bosley hair restoration clinic that we became so familiar with this weekend?

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gophers didn't beat the best goalie in college hockey, because he and the rest of his TEAM were busy shutting down Two teams in BU, and BC that each had alot of offensive firepower. And doing it in their backyard. This team has found the heart, the drive, and the motivation it needs at the perfect time of year. Combine that with their strength, and skill, and confidence they now have in each other, man what pleasure to watch. Try to shut down one line, and the next one comes on the ice and smashes right in the mouth. I love it.