SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a very close game.  1-0, 2-1 etc.  I am very happy that is it all WCHA FF.  F the CCHA and ECHA etc.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will not be a close game. Somebody is going to show up and somebody is going to get frustrated. I agree on the other points.

I tend to agree with that...UND is scoring, UM isn't. The trends would say that UND will run away with this one. However, I don't think there's any way that will happen. I'm looking 4-1 5-2 area. I don't think Minny is going to have their horses ready...just like BC didn't.

SIOUX 4 rodents 1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds about right. The Goofs got to play and barely beat two teams without any offensive talent in their own barn. Now think about what the Sioux did this weekend. Factor in that it will be in a normal size arena. Go Sioux

I think it will be a very close game.  1-0, 2-1 etc.  I am very happy that is it all WCHA FF.  F the CCHA and ECHA etc.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You had better hope so. Granted its only two games but so far in the NCAAs the Sioux are averaging 5 goals a game while Minny is averaging 1.5. :angry:

You had better hope so. Granted its only two games but so far in the NCAAs the Sioux are averaging 5 goals a game while Minny is averaging 1.5. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the "half" coming from an extra session.

I think the two week layoff helps the Gophers a lot more than us. Sure we are banged up, but we also have a ton of momentum and can score right now. The Gophers can't and I'd want to play them asap in case their touch comes back.

EDIT: Plus we are playing well. Not much to harp on and fix. Lucia now has plenty of time to right that PP.

Edited by cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali

Minny's getting Hirsch and Goli back so its PP will be full strength. UND's injured players, on the other hand, are out for somewhere between 6 months and forever. That's a plus for Minny.

Lucia is great at getting his teams playing well at this time of year, obviously. Hakstol doesn't seem to be too bad at it, either.

UND is super-hot right now, and the break might tend to slow them down a bit. Maybe not though. We'll just have to see.

I know UND is pretty dinged up now, and the break will help there. I'm sure the same is true for Minny.

The game's on the regular sheet, which is a big plus for UND. By the end, I thought Cornell was maybe pretty good after all, but they tried to play a regular-sheet game on the frozen ocean, and it doesn't work.

Overall, I'm not super-confident, but not dreading it either.

Given how this season has been, with its fits and starts, new faces, etc., as well as injuries, this team has far surpassed any expectations I had for it in October. Lucia seems to get the best out his teams when "it counts", but I still think the guys have it in them to win another two games for Number 8. It should be fun, and I'm quite glad to see the best hockey conference in the nation solely represented in Columbus. :angry:

I can tell you one thing. The Sioux will have no trouble getting charged up to play the Gophers in a game that means something.

Let's also not forget that the last time the two teams met, it was UND's third game in two and a half days after playing two very tough teams. I still think the R&R helps the Sioux more than the Gophers.

Minny's getting Hirsch and Goli back so its PP will be full strength.  UND's injured players, on the other hand, are out for somewhere between 6 months and forever.  That's a plus for Minny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you post the source on that one so we all can read it. Thanks

At this point, UND's injuries play a non-factor. They've played without people all year. Murray's been out all year, same with Kaip. The dinged players will heal, but when you're on a mission not even a broken arm would stop you. These guys are ready, and I don't think we're any worse off than MN in the injury dept...in fact, quite the contrary. The gophs can have their guys back, with the group of guys UND is fielding I'm pretty confident.

My source is the always super-reliable message board post. Someone posted somewhere that a MN assistant said they expect Hirsch and Goli back. Of course it's not certain at all, but I personally expect them to play, and that would be the case whether I read the referenced post or not.

I agree. Goli was considered day to day before this weekend. Give him 2 weeks and he'll be back. Briggs was supposed to be out for the season, oops, back in 3 weeks. Etc etc. I expect both Hirsch and Goligoski to be playing in the Frozen Four.

This is going to be a heck of a game. If the Sioux lose, I'm dreading the gopher mantra of "we win when we want to win".

Go Sioux!

My source is the always super-reliable message board post.  Someone posted somewhere that a MN assistant said they expect Hirsch and Goli back.  Of course it's not certain at all, but I personally expect them to play, and that would be the case whether I read the referenced post or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is probably wishful thinking on the part of some Goofer fans but if they want to use a D-Man wearing a cast and a forward who is mentally unstable in the FF go right ahead