SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is Geoff Paukovich?

The Sicatoka

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mory00, your argument does not hold water with me or most other objective people. The fact is, most people agree with PCM - that his actions on and off the ice speak volumes on his character and the kind of person he his. And most conclude correctly that Paukovich is a goon.

His coach knows he a goon and doesn't care. He adds an additional day on to the suspension, probably for show only (and likely at the request of the DU President). If Paukovich truly felt remorse, he would have shown concern for Robbie Bina before the spotlight forced him to do so. Instead, he laughs and jokes and insists that he didn't do anything wrong or anything to be sorry about.

Mark my word, because he is getting a free pass for his behavior by people with your attitude, he will continue to be a goon and eventually, will be expelled from the college game.

What I take from all of this is how easy Paukovich has got off for his actions. The whole "he's sorry" bit just doesn't hold water with me. Because of his decisions, you have a young girl who is scared for life and a young man who may never play hockey again. What does Geoffie boy get. Unlimited probation and a two game suspension. Wow, that's justice. Give me a break.

I guarantee you that this is not the last incident you will hear about this goon.

I disagree that GP did not intend to injure Robbie. I was at the game and saw it in person from across the ice. Watch the clip. Masson had a penalty, Adams has his arm up, once Robbie touches the puck the play is dead. Robbie knows this and is lackadaisically skating to the puck and gets it. GP, in my opinion also knows this but still slams Robbie into the boards. It was sickening to watch Robbie's legs immediately go out from under him. Admit it, we all enjoy watching the boys mix it up a bit especially against arch rivals but this hit was way beyond 'hockey violence'. :sad: In my opinion this action was criminal in its intent.

GP is no longer on probation, he was released from probation January 14, 2004. A month later a judge refused to grant GP's request to void the conviction. The judge felt that 'setting aside the conviction only one year after the incident would depreciate the seriousness of Paukovich's conduct and promote disrespect for the law...' In my opinion, not being able to play a couple of games after deliberately injuring another player, 'depreciates the seriousness of Paukovich's conduct and promotes disrespect for the' other player and the game of hockey.

My first instinct after finding this thread was that I feel bringing up the conviction (esp. since he was 16) is unnecessarily dragging GP through the mud. I still feel that way after reading through the discussion.

Take that statement separately as I'm going more on a limb now, for those who feel it's relevant: I know nothing about the conviction beyond what's in the linked article that kicked off this thread, but to me it sounds like it could be a date rape. Date rape is a very serious crime, but most of you are acting like it's unheard of among college hockey players.

(...it getting reported is pretty rare.) :sad:

My first instinct after finding this thread was that I feel bringing up the conviction (esp. since he was 16) is unnecessarily dragging GP through the mud.  I still feel that way after reading through the discussion.

Take that statement separately as I'm going more on a limb now, for those who feel it's relevant: I know nothing about the conviction beyond what's in the linked article that kicked off this thread, but to me it sounds like it could be a date rape.  Date rape is a very serious crime, but most of you are acting like it's unheard of among college hockey players.

(...it getting reported is pretty rare.) :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Aaargh!!!!! Rape is rape is rape you @*! Date rape or rape in an alley way is still rape! If hockey players are raping women its still rape. A

:lol: Aaargh!!!!! Rape is rape is rape you @*! Date rape or rape in an alley way is still rape! If hockey players are raping women its still rape. A

I think that was his point. I think he was saying that Paukovich, in this regard, may not be different than many other hockey players who would do the same thing, but we don't find out about it publicly. I didn't see any excuse-making for Paukovich in that post. Only a "those who throw stones...."

I like this thread. :) I was starting to reconsider my hatred for Paukovich. :lol: Now I see quite clearly that he is every bit the a$$hole I envisioned. :lol: When someone does something like this they don't deserve a break from you, me, or anyone else.

My first instinct after finding this thread was that I feel bringing up the conviction (esp. since he was 16) is unnecessarily dragging GP through the mud.  I still feel that way after reading through the discussion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my only problem with posting this.

One Saturday Night Live line could mesh two threads on this board right now, "I'll take the rapist (Punk-a b!tch) for 200 Alex" "That's therapist(Hirsch) Mr. Connery"

Sorry had to do it :lol:

Direct all mad replies to PCM please as he speaks for the entire board and will no doubt be able to get me out :lol:

One Saturday Night Live line could mesh two threads on this board right now, "I'll take the rapist (Punk-a b!tch) for 200 Alex"            "That's therapist(Hirsch) Mr. Connery"

Sorry had to do it :lol:

Direct all mad replies to PCM please as he speaks for the entire board and will no doubt be able to get me out :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you have been here long enough to rely on PCM to get you out of this one. :lol: