SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is Geoff Paukovich?

The Sicatoka

Try looking at it from the prespective as if your child was Paukovich. You don't think he feels terrible about it? You think people should go about the internet bringing up his history and condemning him for life?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your actions have consequences, and I don't know that he feels bad about it. Has he made an apology? and if so was it sincere? If it was me, and I was truely sorry I would do something to show it.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paukovich and Greene have both been drafted by Edmonton. Do you get a penalty for fighting with someone on your own team? :sad::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are the odds of me not knowing about paukovich's draft status, then using a possible teammate as a whoopin stick..........dumb luck i guess

I'd imagine you were right there asking for Greene to be kicked off the team, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bad choice, Mory00. Perhaps you missed the fact that some Sioux fans blasted me for writing a USCHO news article about Greene's DWI arrest. I suppose I could have adopted your approach and closed my eyes to the story because it didn't involve hockey.

And the information you posted as a quote from me came from my post on USCHO in which I criticized Greene for some of his illegal hits and The Ralph's big-screen glorification of his illegal hit on a SCSU player.

I'm not giving Greene a pass for his conduct off the ice, and I'm not making excuses for his play on the ice.

So thank you very much for proving my point.

Paukovich and Greene have both been drafted by Edmonton. Do you get a penalty for fighting with someone on your own team? :sad::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, fighting between recruits at an NHL training camp is a fairly common event. Greene could offer that he just wanted to show his team that they are getting the complete package and that perhaps they should reconsider keeping a punching bag like Pocketbitch around.

It's public record and if someone wants to post it on a public forum, so be it.

If Pauko didn't want anyone to know he sexually assaulted someone, then he shouldn't have sexually assaulted someone.

He's a public figure and everything is fair game.

I'd imagine you were right there asking for Greene to be kicked off the team, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt's only victim was himself, he didnt steal a girl's innocence or a young man's hockey career. Matt didnt get any free passes on this board either.

I'm not aware of a situation where Prpich ever put anyone in danger like this. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, there was the on-ice vasectomy that Dr. Prpich peformed on UAA's Lee Green free of charge at last year's WCHA Final Five... :sad:

But that certainly wasn't anywhere close to what Paukovich did to Bina.

Hey, isn't this the first line in the Looking For Credible Sources chapter of the book How to be a Sudo Reporter?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no such book because it would legitimize the profession. :sad:

I can't believe that criminals need to worry about their stories getting out.  They are such victims.  The information is getting around the country.  Hopefully this internet thing won't take off.  :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm.... Too Late!!!! :D:lol::lol:

Also, I'm surprized that nobody has brought up the fact that Geoff is from Englewood, Colorado. Didn't Kobe have a little trouble there as well?? :huh::lol::lol:

Bad choice, Mory00. Perhaps you missed the fact that some Sioux fans blasted me for writing a USCHO news article about Greene's DWI arrest. I suppose I could have adopted your approach and closed my eyes to the story because it didn't involve hockey.

And the information you posted as a quote from me came from my post on USCHO in which I criticized Greene for some of his illegal hits and The Ralph's big-screen glorification of his illegal hit on a SCSU player.

I'm not giving Greene a pass for his conduct off the ice, and I'm not making excuses for his play on the ice.

So thank you very much for proving my point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, for the second time in this thread, you have said that I have an approach of closing "my eyes to the story because it didn't involve hockey." I never said we shouldn't or can't discuss off-ice issues, in fact I enjoy reading about off-ice issues of players. However, there are certain issues, like this one, that I don't feel should or need to be brought up.

The hit happened, I feel that Paukovich is sorry about it. He said in the Denver Post that he feels terrible about the situation. I was pissed off like no other when I saw the hit, but I'm not going to condemn the kid and bring up his past to try and prove some point.

I guess if some people feel that his sexual assault conviction has some sort of connection to the hit, then they can feel that way. However, along the same lines, they should relate Greene's DUI arrest to every bad penalty he takes, or every illegal hit he makes. It's a bit ridiculous the way some fans here screamed and yelled when Bina got hit and yet have no problem with some of the hits Sioux players make. (Not saying that to you PCM, I know you stance about Greene's hit and I agree with it) Had the SCSU player been knocked out or been out of the game, would Sioux fans have been making this big of an issue out of it? Or would they have said enough is enough like many DU fans have said.

Certainly Paukovich has been discussed over and over since the hit occured and while Robbie may never play hockey again, there has to be a time when we let it go. The hit happened, we can't change it. The kid apologized, said he felt terrible. He got suspended twice. I guess anything short of a lynching wouldn't be enough for some Sioux fans. :sad:

Again, for the second time in this thread, you have said that I have an approach of closing "my eyes to the story because it didn't involve hockey." I never said we shouldn't or can't discuss off-ice issues, in fact I enjoy reading about off-ice issues of players. However, there are certain issues, like this one, that I don't feel should or need to be brought up.

The hit happened, I feel that Paukovich is sorry about it. He said in the Denver Post that he feels terrible about the situation. I was pissed off like no other when I saw the hit, but I'm not going to condemn the kid and bring up his past to try and prove some point.

I guess if some people feel that his sexual assault conviction has some sort of connection to the hit, then they can feel that way. However, along the same lines, they should relate Greene's DUI arrest to every bad penalty he takes, or every illegal hit he makes. It's a bit ridiculous the way some fans here screamed and yelled when Bina got hit and yet have no problem with some of the hits Sioux players make. (Not saying that to you PCM, I know you stance about Greene's hit and I agree with it) Had the SCSU player been knocked out or been out of the game, would Sioux fans have been making this big of an issue out of it? Or would they have said enough is enough like many DU fans have said.

Certainly Paukovich has been discussed over and over since the hit occured and while Robbie may never play hockey again, there has to be a time when we let it go. The hit happened, we can't change it. The kid apologized, said he felt terrible. He got suspended twice. I guess anything short of a lynching wouldn't be enough for some Sioux fans. :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mory00, you are getting deeper into your hole. Put the shovel away.

Mory, sure he feels terrible about it, if you were out drunk driving and hit someone and paralyzed them you would probably feel terrible about that too, but there has to be punishment.

I for one do not believe that this hit should or will bring legal action, but a ONE GAME SUSPENSION by the league? That's rediculous! I didn't see Johnnie Cochran on the Denver coaches list!

Mory, sure he feels terrible about it, if you were out drunk driving and hit someone and paralyzed them you would probably feel terrible about that too, but there has to be punishment. 

I for one do not believe that this hit should or will bring legal action, but a ONE GAME SUSPENSION by the league?  That's rediculous!  I didn't see Johnnie Cochran on the Denver coaches list!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So be pissed off at the league. Don't come out and berate the player. Some seem to expect him to self-impose a rest of the season suspension.

Of course we're (UND fans) angry/upset though. It's still new, not really thinking clearly or beyond the fact that it's one more player out for this weekend, not only that, could be gone forever. Bina could have lost his dream - of playing the game he loves for a living. But give it some time, I'm sure cooler heads will prevail.

As for the guy himself in my book, as a women, Sexual Assualt gets no second chances. Think UND a year and a half ago (Dru).

Gotta point out though, if only good guys played hockey...there wouldn't be very many hockey teams. There is a thin line between a good tough hockey player and a goon (as someone else said), the trick is to walk it.

I don't expect him to impose a suspension upon himself and I am mad at the league and DU officials and coaches. I think that the info that was brought up about him assaulting a girl further shows that he has some issues. I would hope this was just a bad accident but most hockey players know you can't hit a guy in that situation. You can't just slap him on the wrist for this and hope that one day he learns!

Would the league know about his past legal issues? If so, would that, and should that be used in determining if he needs more punishment?

Is there some law that prohibits naming minors in the media?  Just noticed that his first "altercation" was at age 16.  Law gurus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and no. I hope that answers your question...

:sad:

I agree with Mory somewhat on this issue...his off-ice activities really have nothing to do with his on-ice activities...that being said, from what little we know about this guy, he has done very little to make anyone think he's anything but a punk, on or off the ice...people will draw their own conclusions, and in this case, it's not too positive for Punk-o-bich...

Some people have given this kid a break because they believe there was no intent to injure....ANY hit from behind falls into the "intent to injure" category as far as I'm concerned...Also, Pauck is 6'4", Bina is 5'8; why didn't he try run someone his own size? Afraid he might get his ass handed to him?