SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO post says Robbie is home

mikejm

Boy, that was a gutsy call by the DU coach - especially when you're playing a powerhouse like BSU :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't agree the punishment is harsh enough, but remember which powerhouse team our captain had to sit out against. :lol:

Wow! Denver is sitting him for the big game against Bemidji.

If you want to make an impression Gwoz, sit him out as long as Robbie has to sit out, otherwise never mind.

Go Beavers!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely right. Sit him out as long as Rob is out. Like I mentioned in a different thread, not soon enough and not long enough.

I figure it's a move to pacify everyone that is pissed off over the cheap hit. What took so long for him to make that decision? Coach Gwoz mentions that is not Pioneers hockey (referencing the hit). Could've fooled me.

Yeah, big freakin deal... Bemidji... Ohhhh :sad:

I ask myself, "Should I still be ticked off over the cheap shot, the injury to Bina and how the WCHA and Denver has handled this whole affair?" I answer back, "Damn right I should be." (I really don't talk to myself that often. :lol: )

I've seen the WCHA press release endorsing DU's additional suspension of Paukovich. It included this line:

... the WCHA Executive Committee has endorsed an internal reprimand to the three on-ice officials who worked the game ...

Oh my. They put Don Adam on "double secret probation". :sad:

I've seen the WCHA press release endorsing DU's additional suspension of Paukovich. It included this line:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that Adam was right next to the play, and there was an AR on the blue line of that side of the ice looking right at the hit. Does anyone know if the other AR even saw the hit? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now what in the heck does a "internal reprimand" mean? A letter in their file?

Looks like the WCHA is really "cracking down" on poor officiating :lol: We'll probably never know... But it sure looks good for their public image :lol:

Now what in the heck does a "internal reprimand" mean?  A letter in their file? 

Looks like the WCHA is really "cracking down" on poor officiating :sad:  We'll probably never know...  But it sure looks good for their public image  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the WCHA has a poor public image. The only thing going for the WCHA is the quality of the teams. Under different management, the ten schools would have a great league.

Now what in the heck does a "internal reprimand" mean?  A letter in their file? 

"internal reprimand" = "double secret probation" :sad:

I can almost hear the WCHA Execs meeting:

"But he's already on probation."

"He is? Well, as of this moment, he's on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!"

Actually, the news release is interesting because my understanding is that it's official WCHA policy not to publicly release information regarding the discipline of officials (unless your name happens to be Jay Kleven).

The legal CYA maneuvers have begun. And, no, I'm not a lawyer, but I watch actors play them on TV all the time. :sad:

At least the WCHA is publicly admitting what a screw-up that was by the officials.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although I'm not sure why the AR's are added to the reprimand, as they are not supposed to make calls if the head referee is looking at the play, which Adam obviously was; Adam deserves to get the brunt of this all by himself, or maybe along with the supervisor of officials.