SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO post says Robbie is home

mikejm

...or maybe along with the supervisor of officials.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Especially with the supervisor of officials.

I'd argue that based on Adam's performance in the UAA-UW series, there's no way he should have been reffing in the Final Five. And given his history with UND, I question the judgement of using him in any game involving the Sioux.

Although I'm not sure why the AR's are added to the reprimand, as they are not supposed to make calls if the head referee is looking at the play, which Adam obviously was; Adam deserves to get the brunt of this all by himself, or maybe along with the supervisor of officials.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! He is the HEAD official on the ice. Blaming it on the ARs is what's called "convenience" so that at least some of the heat can be taken off of Don Adam's shoulders. If there is an officiating mistake made in a game, regardless of who makes it, the blame HAS to go to the man in charge. ARs are not in charge during the game. The head ref is. Is Geoff's penalty the result of the AR being too lenient or not taking the time to up the time? Maybe, but it doesn't relieve Adam from the blame.

In the business world, if a group of guys embezzle funds from a company and get caught, who is blamed? DOes it stick with the group? Or does it go higher? Ten to one it goes to the person or people directly in charge of the people to which the embezzlement took place. Those supervisors are either reprimanded or fired depending upon severity and such. The ARs screwed up, the league says. Who cares? It's going right back to reflect on Adam. Adam's job is to make sure the ARs are doing their job.