SiouxSports.com Forum

Next Year's Schedule

cjsol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure I like it. 2 game on the road and then two at home. No subway tourney.Home and Home with BSU and no Canisus. :lol: Good for Duck Hunting in October because it will not interfere with the schedule, the first season of the Ralph they had hockey every weekend and you had no chance to hunt saturday evening because you had to rush home to get ready for hockey. Then your hung over in the blind in the morning. Not fun shooting when your head hurts. UND also has a nice Non-Conference schedule. It would be nice for us to beat UNH and MSU and NE during the firt 3 weeks of the season.

October

2 MANITOBA;

8-9 at Lefty McFadden Tournament, Dayton, Ohio;

14-15 NORTHEASTERN;

21-22 at New Hampshire; (Three Weeks on the Road).

28-29 DENVER

November

4-5 WISCONSIN;

11-12 at Duluth;

18-19 at St.. Cloud

December

2-3 at Michigan Tech;

9-10 MINNESOTA:

16 at Bemidji State;

17 BEMIDJI STATE;

29-30 HARVARD (Oh great and EZAC opponent, we can spar with the EZAC fans this winter).

January

6-7 at Alaska Anchorage;

13-14 at Minnesota;

20-21 MANKATO:

27-28 ST. CLOUD

February

3-4 at Colorado College;

17-18 DULUTH:

24-25 at Denver

March

3-4 MICHIGAN TECH:

10-12 WCHA playoffs;

16-18 WCHA Final Five, St. Paul;

24-25 NCAA regionals (at the Ralph)

April

6-8 Frozen Four, Milwaukee

Edited by Goon

Wow WCHA opener DU vs. ND.  I would expect both games to be televised, perhaps nationally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If WDAZ broadcasts they usually are available by satelite. Joe Sensor's in the Twin Cities has all the Sat games on.

But road trips are great fun! I usually make it to Duluth and St. Cloud, I may even try the Colorado series this year.

Wow WCHA opener DU vs. ND.  I would expect both games to be televised, perhaps nationally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you can most likely expect that this matchup will be nationally televised. I put the odds at 95%. CSTV OR ESPNU either way.

Kind of bummed about no Subway tourney....they're the only games I can get back for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand you perspective, but I don't miss the tourney's participants.

But Subway doesn't serve cupcakes. I think of a tourney a lot like a challenge. It's not a challenge if the only real competition is, if they come, Bemidji State.

I'm sure this year's lineup would be something like the Lefty McFaddon tourney only without Wisconsin and adding UAH.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps ND has since backed out, but UND's participation was publicly reported by Coach Hakstol over a month ago, however, assuming the date of the tourney is Oct. 14-15, I don't know how UND could be playing in Ohio and at home against Northeastern on the same weekend.  Split squad perhaps?  :D  ;)

The Capital Times is finally reporting that UW is not going to the Lefty McFadden, but UND is. Apparently Wright St. wants to use the facility to have a midnight basketball scrimmage ;), so they had to change the Lefty McFadden dates.

The Capital Times is finally reporting that UW is not going to the Lefty McFadden, but UND is.  Apparently Wright St. wants to use the facility to have a midnight basketball scrimmage ;), so they had to change the Lefty McFadden dates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To me the interesting thing about the story is that the WCHA is dropping the ball on the Lambeau Game. You have to put either Minnesota or North Dakota in that game. Putting Ohio State in now makes it a Big Ten event rather than a WCHA event. And to think the member schools gave McLeod another 3 years on his contract. Just baffling.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the non-conference schedule. We get to go against a supposedly power in Michigan St. Playing at UNH should be fun. Plus we get to beat up the smart kids (Harvard) at home. The BSU home and away should be a good time for a lot of Sioux fans as well.