SiouxSports.com Forum

Next Year's Schedule

cjsol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but I did hear that UND's first WCHA series next year just may be at home against none other than Curious George's DU team. Maybe the weekend of 10/28. Perhaps #2 could go pro that Sunday.

I don't know, but I did hear that UND's first WCHA series next year just may be at home against none other than Curious George's DU team.  Maybe the weekend of 10/28.  Perhaps #2 could go pro that Sunday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be two months of school to complete, just for that series. Not everyone can just screw around and hang out in college like Diggler. :0

I don't know, but I did hear that UND's first WCHA series next year just may be at home against none other than Curious George's DU team.  Maybe the weekend of 10/28.  Perhaps #2 could go pro that Sunday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can imagine this, I clean up on ducks in the morning after taking friday morning off, (green heads falling from the sky my dog Dakota at the ready retrieving every single one like a master field hunter). Come to arena drink some millers and watch UND pound on Denver in the evening. The title bout between the Greene and the hack Paukovich, at center ice, Greene kicks his A$$ sending him to the showers to feel shame. Greene salutes by the students section on the way out the building to a standing ovation. Finally ending the weekend with a sweep and a stick salute at center ice. Sending Denver home with their tails between their legs.

On a side bar (thats for the Lawyers on site) UND is 0-4 against UND in their last four, I am hoping UND puts a whooping on them if they get a chance still this year.

Why wait until Sunday?  He could beat the crap out of the guy in the first few minutes on Friday, and be ready for Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun to let him go around all of the friday night game wondering when its going to come?? I say let the boy sweat a little before you go beat him to a pulp. :)

From Hakstol at the last Fargo Sioux Boosters (no mention of the remainder of the schedule though):

UND opens with a home exhibition game against Manitoba and then travels to Dayton, Ohio, for the Lefty McFadden tournament to start the season. While there, they will play Miami of Ohio and Michigan State.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We also have a home and home with BSU next season. I remember that from talking to my buddies from BSU. MSU, I like it we can continue the domination of MSU.

Accoring to the REA wesbite, we will play against Northeastern on October 15. I would assume we would also play against Boston College since we played against these two teams out East this year.

THE TEXT FROM THE WEBSITE:

March 10, 2005

Ralph Engelstad Arena

GUS MACKER IS BACK

Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament returns to the

Betty Engelstad Sioux Center in October

GRAND FORKS, ND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who would be the Man in the Yellow Hat?? :sad:

i knew they were having a tough go of it earlier in the year but i can't believe they couldn't even beat themselves...... :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I predict there is going to be a lot of beating going Denver's way in the future from UND, the future looks bright and DU doesn't impress me with their clutch and grab, hooking and holding play.

Players and coaches have long memories about loses and oweing DU something and I am sure that we the fans are going to remind them in the years to come, about the scores that need to be settled. UND had laid down some serious smack on DU until the last 4 games. In fact we owned them up until the Regional game last season when we got beat by a 1-0 score.

From what I gathered going through the USCHO posting for schedules. I found the following.

Jan 6-7 @ AA

FEB 3-4 @ CC

Both of those two teams were not going to ND.

Wisconsin was listed as only playing ND once and since the other two were not coming, my guess is that we are not traveling to the KOHL center, but on the flip side it means four tilts with the rodents from minny.

Some background on schedules I provided in the past:

Rivals scheduling in a nutshell (and it was developed by none other than Don Lucia):

This approach began in 2002-2003. Each team has a "rival". You play them four times per season (2H/2A).

Of each other rival pair you play one half of the pair for four games (2H/2A) and the other half you only play two games against (either H or A). There's one other thing: You play two of the "two games only" teams at home and two on the road.

All that gets you to a 28 game schedule: four with rival, six with each of four other rivals pairing.

This year's UND schedule:

SCSU: H & A (rival)

UM: H

UW: H & A

UMD: A

MSU-Mankato: H & A

DU: H

CC: H & A

MTU: A

UAA: H & A

(These two are scheduling rivals because of travel concerns, namely the toughest places to get to.)

Last year (2003-2004) it was:

SCSU H/A; UM H/A; UW A; UMD H/A; MSU-M A; DU H/A; CC H; MTU H/A; UAA H

2002-2003:

SCSU H/A; UM A; UW H/A; UMD H; MSU-M H/A; DU A; CC H/A; MTU H; UAA H/A (Remember when UM didn't come to Grand Forks?)

There's a bigger "rotation" to the whole scheduling process as well. In the 2002-2003 season UND/UM was two games at UM, last year it was four, this year it's two at UND, next year, well, you can figure it out.

Now, knowing this:

H & A: SCSU, UM, UMD, DU, MTU

Home only: UW, MSU-Mankato

Away only: CC, UAA

Let's fill in the blanks:

Conference (each line is two games):

@ SCSU:

@ Minnesota:

@ UMD:

@ DU:

@ MTU:

@ CC: Feb 3, 4