SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2024-25

cberkas

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Stonehill only won 2 games all of last season.
They just won their first game of this season...in their first game...an OT win against Merrimack.

SCSU up on STU, 1-0, after one.

I saw Merrimack was playing their student manager as goalie due to injuries to 2 of their goalies and a suspension for the other. That’s crazy! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I saw Merrimack was playing their student manager as goalie due to injuries to 2 of their goalies and a suspension for the other. That’s crazy! 

I imagine MSU Mankato - who is Merrimack's next opponent - is licking their chops.  

The Division I Council on Tuesday introduced a proposal to change rules for preenrollment activities in men's ice hockey and skiing, which would enable prospects who participate in major junior ice hockey or on professional teams to retain NCAA eligibility as long as they are not paid more than actual and necessary expenses as part of that participation.

"The council is discussing the possibility of developing a comprehensive package of proposals to address eligibility issues presented by the current era of college sports," Whitman said. "We are proceeding with a deliberate, comprehensive approach to review and modernize applicable rules. We anticipate introducing proposals in the coming months that would consistently, meaningfully and responsibly change eligibility requirements to offer the best possible experience for student-athletes and schools."

So, they will vote in November

On 10/8/2024 at 11:23 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Maybe not a popular opinion here but the locations of WHL teams are generally more desirable places to spend hockey season than most USHL teams' locale.

And yet, the USHL had more players drafted in June than the WHL, per Schlossman's post above.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And yet, the USHL had more players drafted in June than the WHL, per Schlossman's post above.

Brad is an expert at framing things in ways that are not obviously disingenuous. WHL players can only come from certain states and providences. Fantilli, Pinto, and numerous other recent USHL draftees would have played in the O if they'd played MJ. The calculus changed drastically, past results shouldn't be used to forecast.

On 10/4/2024 at 10:03 PM, brianvf said:

U18 forward Mooney (UMN recruit) gets absolutely lit up by a Notre Dame player.
He didn't look the best skating off.  :0

this is why college teams should not play the u18 team..not a good look for Notre Dame, and not good for the u18 team going forward

2 hours ago, .357 said:

BC @ Mich. St. televised on Big10 Network today at 3PM MST.

MI @ASU also tonight.

A couple of humdingers.

You have times swapped. 

UglyBuckets @ ASU* at 3:30 Mountain (4:30 Central)
BC* @ Sparty at 6:00 Eastern (5:00 Central) on BTN

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/schedules/scoreboard.php 

*Have I mentioned my personal policy? I hate all maroon and gold college hockey teams. Saves time. Yeah, so Ferris State gets caught in the crossfire. Yawn. 

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You have times swapped. 

UglyBuckets @ ASU* at 3:30 Mountain (4:30 Central)
BC* @ Sparty at 6:00 Eastern (5:00 Central) on BTN

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/schedules/scoreboard.php 

*Have I mentioned my personal policy? I hate all maroon and gold college hockey teams. Saves time. Yeah, so Ferris State gets caught in the crossfire. Yawn. 

Not sure what you mean. I put the BC @ MSU game at 3PM MST; you put it at 5PM Central. Same thing.

2 minutes ago, .357 said:

Not sure what you mean. I put the BC @ MSU game at 3PM MST; you put it at 5PM Central. Same thing.

You had BC/MSU on MST (Mountain) time. They're at 6 Eastern (5C, 4M).  

UM/ASU is Mountain zone game (Arizona time). (3M, 4C, 5E). 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You had BC/MSU on MST (Mountain) time. They're at 6 Eastern (5C, 4M).  

UM/ASU is Mountain zone game (Arizona time). (3M, 4C, 5E). 

Where I live (AZ) is MST, which is currently 2 hours behind Central. MDT (ie, Idaho) is 1 hour behind Central. That's why I specifically said MST.

I never mentioned the time for the UM/ASU game.